Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Which store?

Big chain or local?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There will be a line, just like they would line up for .22 rimfire ammo at Walmart and Academy every morning.

Hey, just guessing and hope I'm wrong. Hope it's not that unpleasant!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
There will be a line, just like they would line up for .22 rimfire ammo at Walmart and Academy every morning.

Hey, just guessing and hope I'm wrong. Hope it's not that unpleasant!

It will be just as unpleasant. I just did it last night. Took roughly 5hrs, and while it was civil for the most part, I did have one lady try to steal from my cart once.
Took 3 stores to find what i would normally find at one, and eggs, water, and TP were gone before i left the store.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got an idea

take some black pepper and let out a few hard sneezes while in line

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Son and daughter-in-law have been using Walmart's preorder and pickup service for pretty much all their grocery shopping almost from when it first started. Today as they were driving into town for the scheduled pick up their weekly order they got a text stating it had been canceled.

Also Walmart put out this news alert earlier today:

Walmart cuts hours at 24-hour stores and other locations nationwide starting Sunday due to coronavirus

Kelly Tyko, USA TODAY Published 7:33 p.m. CT March 14, 2020 | Updated 8:04 p.m. CT March 14, 2020

Walmart is cutting store hours starting Sunday at its locations across the U.S. due to COVID-19.

Stores normally open 24 hours will be open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. until further notice, the company said late Saturday. Other stores, which are typically open until midnight, will also have reduced hours.

"This will help ensure associates are able to stock the products our customers are looking for and to perform cleaning and sanitizing," Dacona Smith, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Walmart U.S., wrote in a blog post.

However, not all of Walmart's 5,000-plus stores are affected by the change. Stores that operate under more reduced hours will keep their current hours of operation, Walmart said. Some stores, for example, regularly close at 10 p.m. or open at 7 a.m.

"As we make this change, associates will continue to work the hours and shifts they are scheduled, and our supply chain and trucking fleet will continue to move products and deliver to stores on their regular schedules," Smith wrote.

The Walmart store locator at www.walmart.com/store/finder did not have the updated hours listed as of Saturday night.

Grocery store chains including Florida-based Publix, New York-based Wegmans and H-E-B are among retailers closing earlier. Changes at more regional and national retailers are expected in the coming days.

The coronavirus is spurring panicked shoppers to stock up on products ranging from cleansing wipes to peanut butter as they prepare to hunker down in the midst of the growing pandemic.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Smart for Walmart to do that.

I worked at a big box store while in college. I learned one thing working there. People can be very, very selfish.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've went into a small mom and pop store today. Full shelves, no wait.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I'm going early to see if there is anything left

There will be things left.

From what I have seen in Nevada, fresh vegetables are pretty available.Oddly, no canned tuna but higher caloric value sardines were still there. Same for herring and trout. Condiments and lots of boxed stuff my wife and I don't know anything about was still there. Boomer garbage-food I guess. Frozen meals but no frozen vegetables. Carbonated water but no still. Flour was mostly gone apart from the more expensive stuff like 00 and Einkorn. Etc etc.

All depends on what you want. It feels good to not need to buy anything to keep the family fed. If you are trying to stock up on basics you are way behind the curve.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Safeway in our town posted hours today.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
the box retailers in the phoenix area are being hit hard, and not just on paper products.
i have heard from two different employees of a major chain the stocking warehouses are running low.
as to htting at the opening, some stores have had lines completely around the stores.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I'm going early to see if there is anything left

There will be things left.

From what I have seen in Nevada, fresh vegetables are pretty available.Oddly, no canned tuna but higher caloric value sardines were still there. Same for herring and trout. Condiments and lots of boxed stuff my wife and I don't know anything about was still there. Boomer garbage-food I guess. Frozen meals but no frozen vegetables. Carbonated water but no still. Flour was mostly gone apart from the more expensive stuff like 00 and Einkorn. Etc etc.

All depends on what you want. It feels good to not need to buy anything to keep the family fed. If you are trying to stock up on basics you are way behind the curve.

thats what I saw. Rice and beans were gone, including canned refried beans!

flour and sugar were gone, and potatoes were mostly gone too.

pasta was gone.

lots of dairy and cheese left.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have two freezers full of deer, elk, and salmon.

Six months worth of bills in cash.

I think I’m in pretty good shape.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The wife and I swung by Target this morning to see if they had some items we couldn't get at the grocery last night. I set 2 gallons of distilled water on the check out turned to face my wife and the checker and when I turned back someone had taken one of the waters and disappeared.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Have your stores had deliveries since yesterday?

I bet there is no change in supply until trucks are unloaded Monday.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we're at the intersection of two interstates, and I think they get a truck or two every night.

More of an interest in what people buy up. The water thing is more interesting to me than the TP. bottled water is expensive!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NVhntr
The wife and I swung by Target this morning to see if they had some items we couldn't get at the grocery last night. I set 2 gallons of distilled water on the check out turned to face my wife and the checker and when I turned back someone had taken one of the waters and disappeared.

What happens when you drink distilled water ? 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't drink it. It goes in the CPAP machine.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I was being sarcastic. Trying to get a rise out of some of the resident idiots. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I was being sarcastic. Trying to get a rise out of some of the resident idiots. 🤠

Yep. Distilled water is what comes down from the sky when it rains. It's a giant distiller.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, aaronward9, 18 invisible), 1,760 guests, and 965 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.