Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
No inside knowledge, but I’ll bet dollars to donuts it gets postponed or cancelled. Anyone hear anything?

Also wondering about the king derby ...

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The Winter King Derby has been postponed until April 25th.
https://www.homerwinterking.com/

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks Dan. I’ll stop watching the weather 😞

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know what hasn't been canceled my birthday party at trampoline world here in Wasilla.. I'm super excited..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
No inside knowledge, but I’ll bet dollars to donuts it gets postponed or cancelled. Anyone hear anything?

I heard yesterday at Mossy's that it has been canceled.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 79S
You know what hasn't been canceled my birthday party at trampoline world here in Wasilla.. I'm super excited..

Barry gonna be there? blush

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Thanks.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Barry gonna be there? blush

Of course, I told him all the 24 hour meat gazers will be there he's super excited..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Thanks.

I just checked their website and there is no mention of being shutdown... but I also noticed this year it is cut down to Friday, Saturday, and Sunday... I may have misquoted the information... But it should be shut down according to the situation...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Well, considering the Muni is talking about turning Ben Boeke into a homeless shelter, I am gonna guess the Sportsman Show gets the axe.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GrizzlyKid
Well, considering the Muni is talking about turning Ben Boeke into a homeless shelter, I am gonna guess the Sportsman Show gets the axe.

Just read about that... what could possibly go wrong?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 79S

I'll see you there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GrizzlyKid

Just read about that... what could possibly go wrong?
Right? Close all bars and restaurants down then turn an ice rink into a homeless shelter, its a Democrat win/win. lol

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
http://greatalaskasportsmanshow.com/

Great Alaska Sportsman Show to Be Postponed
For Immediate Release
Issued: March 17, 2020

Anchorage, AK – As one of many current measures being taken to protect public health, the Centers for Disease Control has recommended that any non-essential mass gathering of 50 or more people be cancelled or postponed to limit the spread of COVID-19.

For this reason, we have decided to postpone the Great Alaska Sportsman Show, which was scheduled to take place April 3-5, 2020, at Ben Boeke and Sullivan Arenas.

This decision was not taken lightly, but the health and safety of our exhibitors, partners, visitors and contractors is our top priority.

We will continue to monitor information from the CDC, the state, and regional health authorities. Once the all-clear has been received to resume holding events again, we look forward to sharing rescheduled dates for the show.

We are disappointed we couldn’t proceed with what was shaping up to be an excellent show, but we look forward to inviting the community back for the event at a later date.

For more information:

Great Alaska Sportsman Show Inc.
infogreatalaskasportsmanshow.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks to me like they are concerned about paying back deposits...

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

🙄🙄🙄 Man that’s a reach even for you. How do you get that from the article? You mossy gossipers have way too much time on your hands.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I read that the city of Anchorage is blocking out both the Sully and Ben Boeke arenas or 6 months. Is this correct? If so, how are they going to "postpone" the sports show for 6 months....and still have the show be meaningful? Maybe they will find another venue, before the end of summer?

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have you ever found that show meaningful?

wink

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
It will probably take another 6 months to clean the place up!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

I doubt it. They will most likely offer the vendors the option to leave their booth fees in place to secure the spot(s) they reserved for the next show. Its not like vendors are going to earn 10% on their money by putting it somewhere else. Pretty sure the booth fees are fully paid in advance before the show opens.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

I doubt it. They will most likely offer the vendors the option to leave their booth fees in place to secure the spot(s) they reserved for the next show. Its not like vendors are going to earn 10% on their money by putting it somewhere else. Pretty sure the booth fees are fully paid in advance before the show opens.

Having dealt with them for years, I know you are exactly right. There is some tongue in cheek there...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.