Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
are restricting entry from the U. S. according to a Coronavirus update in the Washington Post. Passengers will not be allowed to disembark planes. I don’t believe it says how long this will last. And in any event, they probably don’t really know.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This sucks. Supposed to leave for Zim in 37 days....

Do or do not, there is no try.
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Sorry. Mine is in June. Later than you, but I’m very concerned for lots of reasons. There’s a good chance the government there and/or Delta Airlines will make the decision for me.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Cyril Ramaphosa lists countries on South Africa’s travel ban
“We will limit contact between persons who may be infected. We’re imposing a travel on ban on foreign nationals from Italy, Iran, South Korea, Germany, the United States, the United Kingdom and China. We have cancelled visas from those countries. We advise against all travel to the EU, the United States, China, Iran, the UK and South Korea – this is effective immediately.

“Any foreign national who has visited these countries in the past 20 days, will be denied a visa. Anyone returning to South Africa from these high-risk countries will be quarantined for 14 days. All travellers who entered SA from these nations since mid-February, are asked to get themselves tested.”

Cyril Ramaphosa
Coronavirus could lead to ‘national lockdown’
The UK, Germany and Italy are among the countries most frequented by our COVID-19 returnees. They also feature on the list of places from where travellers have been banned from visiting South Africa:

The decision was made as calls to put Mzansi on “lockdown” intensified on social media. Calls to shut schools down and encourage South Africans to work from home are being echoed across the country.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Travel insurance is your friend.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Might want to check that EdM. I was told none of the insurance companies would cover anything related to COVID, and you can bet these companies will use it as an excuse. If you find one that will, please let us know as I'm still planning on a CA moose hunt.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just received an EMail from one RSA outfitter. He is asking that his clients not cancel plans yet. He will update every 48 hours.

OTOH, a friend last Tuesday advised that he had heard that one outfitter had so many cancellations, he was refunding all his other hunters and not operating this year.

I know my friend probably isn't able to shut down for the year. He needs international income to pay to operate the farm.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by EdM
Travel insurance is your friend.

I have it, though I’m not confident it will cover this situation. I’m going to chill for a while to see how things settle out.

And if the airline offers credit for another flight, say within a year, that’s not going to do any good because the outfitter is booked up much further than that.

We’ll see what happens.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
#@“#&@#$&# I am ,as of now, going to Namibia in August ..... Damn it ,Damn it.... I hope this all plays out before we go.. I was working on a 180gr load for my 06 today thinking I hope this is going to happen...

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 5sdad, 10 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 757 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,403
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.