Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
It seems it might be much worse than I had originally thought. Dr. Michael Osterholm at University of Minnesota believes we will have in the USA 96 million cases of the virus, 48 million hospitalizations and over 480,000 deaths over the next 3-7 months. Grim.

More info is available in this interview on JRE:

Last edited by achadwick; 03/15/20.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
169,500 diagnosed and 6,500 fatalities in China, where the number of new cases are slowing down. 480,000? Bullschit.

A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Jack,

I really, REALLY hope you are right!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain
169,500 diagnosed and 6,500 fatalities in China, where the number of new cases are slowing down. 480,000? Bullschit.

And this happened in China because China took it seriously and intervened. It didn't happen naturally. The point to all the warnings and projections here is to get people here to do what China was able to do. The difference is that the Chinese tend to do what they are told, while we have people here who think they know more than the experts and who see conspiracy theories in everything they aren't capable of understanding.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's bullchit like this causing hysteria

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

Hard to believe anything China says though.

Tarquin
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Take China’s word for numbers. That’s smart.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

And is America doing the same things as China did to try to contain it? Or did the CDC test only 77 people last week?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The World War 1 flu mutated and got deadlier as it progressed. Wonder could that happen with this virus?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Given they pushed back patient zero to NOVEMBER, chances are you've already had it. I had a NASTY respiratory cold in Dec and Jan. May have been it - don't know. Didn't see a doc. All they do is tell you to rest, fluids and stay home. So I did that without the copay.

Mortality rate is a sheit statistic, the number of those who've had it is VASTLY under reported so its inflating the death rate.

Me

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
It's bullchit like this causing hysteria

For heavens sake this isn’t about Trump. Damn this is getting tiresome.

Tomorrow, the new Covid numbers will be released. The last. Umbers came out Friday. On Friday, Italy saw their highest number of mortalities in one day from the virus. As a result, the place is all under quarantine and people are singing to each other in the streets through their windows. Look in to something instead of immediately saying this is just the media trying to screw Trump.

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by teal
Given they pushed back patient zero to NOVEMBER, chances are you've already had it. I had a NASTY respiratory cold in Dec and Jan. May have been it - don't know. Didn't see a doc. All they do is tell you to rest, fluids and stay home. So I did that without the copay.

Mortality rate is a sheit statistic, the number of those who've had it is VASTLY under reported so its inflatinthe death rate.

same here.

still not over it

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is vegas doing odds and betting on it yet?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lapua6547

Mortality rate is a sheit statistic, the number of those who've had it is VASTLY under reported so its inflatinthe death rate.

same here.

still not over it

This same scenerio is repeated everywhere. I got sick then pneumonia that took 41 days to recover from. The docs I talk to from Lackland AFB think its been here because whatever test they were doing weren’t adding up and they weren’t testing for this Kung-Flu.

Furthermore, they were perplexed at my x-ray pattern of pneumonia and got a call last week for me to come in tomorrow for a check. Freaky !

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 03/15/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I came down with it on black Friday, felt normal, no cough 3rd week of January.

Me

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

Mortality rate is a sheit statistic, the number of those who've had it is VASTLY under reported so its inflating the death rate.

I had something like that several months ago. Fever, night sweats, dry aching cough. It was on me for about 2-3 weeks. I didn't go to the doctors either.

Now I am also wondering if it had been around back then, but not really diagnosed.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Just another Rogan clownshow.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Given they pushed back patient zero to NOVEMBER, chances are you've already had it. I had a NASTY respiratory cold in Dec and Jan. May have been it - don't know.

I was talking to someone yesterday and they said the same thing.

Been thinking about it, as I had a weird cough for a couple weeks.

They shut down the old folks to visitors....

Last edited by SamOlson; 03/15/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

I had something like that several months ago. Fever, night sweats, dry aching cough. It was on me for about 2-3 weeks. I didn't go to the doctors either.

Now I am also wondering if it had been around back then, but not really diagnosed.

All this time the docs told me, they thought it Was a flu caused viral pneumonia. Supposedly they are going back investigating pneumonia clusters as a better indicator of the theory

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 03/15/20.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

That's very interesting. I was sick for three weeks in late December through Mid-January with an upper respiratory ailment in January. Worst I've ever had. Maybe I'm immune now!

Tarquin
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugemag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,654
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.