Campfire Ranger
V
Some stuff just won’t shut down.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
A national lockdown would mean no trucking - no deliveries of anything including medicines. Preposterous.

We are now panicking over rumors of rumors.

Better stock up on black oil sunflower seeds.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
In fugging Anchorage. Need a hall pass through SEATAC and I90 to home.... Tell your buds to shut'r down Wednesday, no sooner. Thanks

This virus came to WA through SeaTac. Be safe.

Yeah. It sucks to be heading through that heathen infested SOB! I'm self-isolating in a rental car today, LOL.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by viking

Agreed.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The media is getting a little more panic than they counted on when they decided this was a good crisis to hang on Trump.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Sounding more and more ever passing day like a, 'Perfect Storm / end of the world as we know it' scripted Hollywood movie or TV series.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
The media is getting a little more panic than they counted on when they decided this was a good crisis to hang on Trump.

Like “oh [bleep], this is for real”. Bet they wish that they hadn’t cried wolf so many times.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
How many times can the sky fall?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KFWA
Heard from a friend who hangs out with some Washington elites that they told him we are 48 -72 hours away from Trump issuing a national lock down similar to what Ohio and Illinois is currently doing.

Shouldn't be surprising I guess, we may be days away from collapsing not only the economy but more importantly the health care system.

But make sure not to buy more supplies than you ordinarily would. That would be wrong.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A "national lockdown" is FAR from Martial Law. If it happens (and it probably will), it will be restricted to the "social graces", public, private events, movies, restaurants etc. and things like for example, elective, non-essential medical procedures (cataract surgery comes to mind as an example). Everything else, like food deliveries, shopping, etc will go on. But hell, I'm for it just to stop the morons from panic buying and exponentially increasing the spread through all these crowds... morons..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RJY66
I've never seen insanity like this. Its just unreal.

I couldn't agree more..

Originally Posted by viking
Good.... Gov't needs to be told - GFY..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Kentucky's Governor just had a news conference where he said that he would soon be shutting down all bars and restaurants.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Phugg marital law.

That's why I gots a dee vorce.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Could do long term damage to churches. People are going to be hesitant to expose themselves to large group settings from this year forward.

Wife and I have been dealing with this for years having a kid with immune system issues living at home. It shapes your decisions and lifestyle choices in a real way.

LOL
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
So with group size possibly being limited.........what the hell they gonna do about grocery stores?
Let in 25 with somebody at the door, let em shop for an hr, then clean, then let the next 25 in?
Guess a protest today at local factory.

I practice proper hygeine, and social distancing (hate everybody).

Haven't had the flu for about 20 yrs (and got it from a family gathering for Thanksgiving).
Had I not gone, it would have been 30 plus yrs.

Am not worried about me.
Do have a kid w fugged immune system.

Worry about her.
She catches everything on a good day LOL

We had one case in town. Expect the numbers to bump up bigtime by end of the week.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Could do long term damage to churches. People are going to be hesitant to expose themselves to large group settings from this year forward.

Wife and I have been dealing with this for years having a kid with immune system issues living at home. It shapes your decisions and lifestyle choices in a real way.

Like most things, when it is over it will be forgotten quickly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Like most things, when it is over it will be forgotten quickly.

I wish I had your faith.

Again, since wife and I have been in the mindset of protecting ourselves and the kid for a few years now once that takes root it's hard to shake. Since so many people are *afraid* beyond rational pre-cautionary measures with this virus and the surrounding media coverage, I wonder if that fear is enough of a motivator to permanently alter America. Not for *normal folks, but half the country isn't "normal".

LOL
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We stocked up on food, it may get tough.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Here in Washington state, the governor has ordered a shut down of all bars & restaurants. Take out will be allowed. No gatherings of more than 50 persons. No martial law around here. The right to assembly has not been violated, just reasonably limited...

All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void. � Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (2 Cranch) 137 (1803)
NRA LIfe Member
GOA
SAF
CCRKBA
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I'm no doctor nor an expert of any kind, however I am a level headed thinking man. Here is my take on all of this..

The first known case of this was in China in November. Does everyone really believe that this is just now being spread all over the world? Meaning, our first case was what, 3-4 weeks ago? Look how fast it's spreading, and that's KNOWN cases. Do you really think this virus stayed within China for 2-3 months without spreading throughout the world? NO FRIGGIN WAY! Not a chance with how fast this is spreading. Not to mention all of these numbers are KNOWN cases. There are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of UNKNOWN cases because the symptoms are mild (common cold like symptoms). If you take that into account, then these serious condition and fatality numbers plummet.

I understand the thought process behind preventing, or flattening out the curve. But that's with the mindset that no one is infected that isn't known, which is absolutely asinine to think that. I am in no way minimizing the danger of this virus for people that are immune compromised. What I am saying is their data is not taking into account the hundreds of thousands that have this, or have had this and are fine, and never went to get tested or even went to the doctor and was told they just have a respiratory infection because the flu came back negative.

The impacts of lock downs will have a lasting effect on our economy as a whole, global, and CONUS. The healthcare system is going to collapse because people are going to have to choose between paying their medical bills, and rent. No bainer there.

Now one political party was heading into 2020 election with their platform being a booming economy, and the other political party platform was universal healthcare.

In comes panic, and fear and we have a crippled economy, and no one can pay for their medical bills.

That is just so... odd.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,300 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,248
Posts18,466,936
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.