Print Thread
Hop To
L
LJBass Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Thinking about a ranch visit before pouring money into an AI tank. Ranch is in Bassett Nebraska.
Where would a person fly into? I'll fly out of XNA. Not anytime soon, just curious.

BP-B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
North Platte?

Maybe Scottsbluff.

What ranch are you looking to visit?

Montana MOFO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Grand Island. Bassett is about a 2 hr drive straight north. Car rental, lodging is easy and it’s a new airport. Rapid city South Dakota is another option again about a 2-2 1/2 hour drive.

Last edited by Swifty52; 03/16/20.

Swifty
L
LJBass Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Calvo Red Angus, they seem have genetics from , Tim Ohlde, Beckton, Mushrush, and Red Hill Farms. All programs I like that are geared toward grazing. But I'ld like to see them in person. The time of year i plan to go would be 4.5-5 hours of corn corn corn in NW Mo and Nebraska. Might be better to fly.

L
LJBass Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Grand Island. Bassett is about a 2 hr drive straight north. Car rental, lodging is easy and it’s a new airport. Rapid city South Dakota is another option again about a 2-2 1/2 hour drive.

Thank you swifty

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I have some friends that are selling their acreage in northeast NE. It's ~17 miles west of Verdigre and has 160 acres of pasture along with a nice house, outbuilding and a few loafing sheds for horses. If that's what you're looking for, shoot me a PM with your contact info and I'll send you their info.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I do not fully understand the question?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by LJBass
Calvo Red Angus, they seem have genetics from , Tim Ohlde, Beckton, Mushrush, and Red Hill Farms. All programs I like that are geared toward grazing. But I'ld like to see them in person. The time of year i plan to go would be 4.5-5 hours of corn corn corn in NW Mo and Nebraska. Might be better to fly.

If you can drive it in 4.5 skip the flying. Flights are going to connect probably out of Denver or Salt Lake. Between connecting flights, rental car, and still having a 2+hr drive after flying you're likely to at a minimum, double your travel time and increase your "hassle-factor" by a minimum of 10x.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bassett is a 4 to 5 hour drive from Omaha, so if you're in southern MO, I'd guess that your drive time would be more in the 8 to 10 hour range.

I suspect that flying to Grand Island would take nearly as long as driving 'cause it can't be a high volume route. Rapid City is probably a shorter, time wise, flight and probably less expensive because RC is a bigger airport.

If it was me, I'd drive, but I'd be aware that restaurants might be closed and bring a cooler with drinks, cold cuts, bread, and condiments.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Airports are a PIA especially at this time.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Bassett is a 4 to 5 hour drive from Omaha, so if you're in southern MO, I'd guess that your drive time would be more in the 8 to 10 hour range.

I suspect that flying to Grand Island would take nearly as long as driving 'cause it can't be a high volume route. Rapid City is probably a shorter, time wise, flight and probably less expensive because RC is a bigger airport.

If it was me, I'd drive, but I'd be aware that restaurants might be closed and bring a cooler with drinks, cold cuts, bread, and condiments.

St.Louis Mo. to Grand Island 1 hour 45 min.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yes, but the OP wrote that he was flying out of Fayetteville, AR, not St. Louis, MO. I assume that since the OP indicated that he was planning to fly out of NXA, he is in southern MO.

Geographically speaking, the regional hub for NXA is more likely to be DFW than STL, but these aren't my travel plans, so I'm not going to look it up.

I've flown from Omaha to Springfield, MO, a couple of times and always connected through DFW.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LJBass
Thinking about a ranch visit before pouring money into an AI tank. Ranch is in Bassett Nebraska.
Where would a person fly into? I'll fly out of XNA. Not anytime soon, just curious.

If you pass through Grand Island, NE, and have the time, you might want to stop at GI Loan Shop, one of the better gun shops in central NE.

I've bought more than a couple of good guns from Darlo, as his prices are usually fair and negotiable.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I do not fully understand the question?

AI = artificial insemination. OP wants to check out the bloodlines in question; look at actual cattle, see if it’s what he wants. Not looking to buy a ranch, just wants to look at cattle on a ranch. Looking for best way to fly jrather than hours of driving through nothing but midwestern corn fields.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yes, but the OP wrote that he was flying out of Fayetteville, AR, not St. Louis, MO. I assume that since the OP indicated that he was planning to fly out of NXA, he is in southern MO.

Geographically speaking, the regional hub for NXA is more likely to be DFW than STL, but these aren't my travel plans, so I'm not going to look it up.

I've flown from Omaha to Springfield, MO, a couple of times and always connected through DFW.

Cheap Flights from Fayetteville to Grand Island from $128
Bundle Your Flight + Hotel & Save!
256 bucks round trip
Expedia

Swifty
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks 48.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

256 bucks round trip
Expedia

What days were the $256 round trip tickets for?

How long are the flights?

Staying which motel/hotel and where?

What car rental agency and what size?

L
LJBass Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L

256 bucks round trip
Expedia

What days were the $256 round trip tickets for?

How long are the flights?

Staying which motel/hotel and where?

What car rental agency and what size?

I got the ending destination, i can work out the rest on wether it is feasible to drive or fly. Probably wont go until they decide what bulls will be for sale in the fall. Get a better picture of what they grow into.

I thought the post was pretty clear, but cra1948 put the point on it. I'm about 7 miles from the Arkansas line.

Thanks, let the post die now.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
101 members (160user, 10Glocks, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,680 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,775
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.