Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
The phenomenon of 4 day doubling in diagnosed cases has been observed in China, Iran, Italy, Korea, and US.

Had C-19 been loose in the wild in America on Jan 1 we would have 2 to the 19 power ,(1/2 million) cases today

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
As I am 64 years old with COPD, and somewhat over weight, there is a fair chance I will not live to see my 65'th birthday in July. No need to panic, but something to be aware of and prepared for.

Because that is what a proper conservative does: prepare.

Rather than stick their head in a cloud where all they see is rainbows and unicorns and tell everyone they know "It'll be all right. The future will take care of itself. Yeah, that's the ticket, the government will save us all."

That is pretty much the opposite of a conservative! But it sure sounds like YOUR posting on this topic.

Lack of preparation: I can not think of a faster way to destroy a nation.
Instead of blaming everyone else, you need to control your situation. Frankly, that is the ONLY situation you CAN control.

If I get COVID, I will self quarantine. Never said I wouldn't. But until then, I'm going to live as best I can, avoiding at-risk people where possible. But if at-risk people are irresponsible, there's nothing I can do about that. You all make your choices and accept the outcomes. Life is not fair.

If all the low-risk people who aren't in regular contact with at-risk people get COVID, then the population will build up what vaxxers call the much-vaunted "herd immunity" and we'll never have to worry about COVID-19 again. If people DON'T get it, then we will be at risk of outbreak for a much longer time.

You have never seen me blame anyone. I have only repeated easily observable data and made logical predictions based on that data.

It is in the best interests of this nation to slow the progression of this disease. The cost of inaction will far outweigh the costs of controlling and slowing the rate of infection.

Whether I live or die is of little consequence to any but my wife, children, and grandchildren. But if a million like me die in the next four months, the consequences will be dire to our Republic.

Remember 500 cases 8 days ago, 1000 cases four days ago, close to 5000 cases today, 10,000 in four days, 20,0000 in eight days.

This is the nature of exponential growth.
Actually, I am following the EXACT same protocol as nursing home employees. (Except my behavior is even more conservative, because I'm avoiding the at-risk instead of working with them 8 + hours a day)

That is great. I am only encouraging everyone to do the same. And remember, everyone you meet on the street, or in the grocery store, or in your child's school is now an at risk individual. They could be walking around with it for two weeks and never know. You could have it and be spreading it wherever you go for two weeks and never know.

Protect yourself, protect those around you.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Experts estimate coronavirus entered Washington state sometime in mid January

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The phenomenon of 4 day doubling in diagnosed cases has been observed in China, Iran, Italy, Korea, and US.

Had C-19 been loose in the wild in America on Jan 1 we would have 2 to the 19 power ,(1/2 million) cases today

Was anyone looking on Jan 1? It's hard to find something when you aren't looking.
At the current mortality rate[s] would it have triggered the radar?
The vast majority get 'common cold' symptoms.

I came down with 'something' on Dec 26, high fever for one day and then persistent 'dry cough'[wife had same]. Dr. said not flu. Others on this site have stated basically the same in other threads.

Wuhan is a massive manufacturing region with the requisite international travel in and out daily so we really don't know for certain that no one left there carrying this bug prior to the travel ban.
I just can't make the math work[not trying to be argumentative].

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Ok. Now I understand. Dean Koontz knew in 1981 a bat in Wuhan was going to give this schiett to someone. In 2020. Right. whistle

I bet he made a killing in the stock market.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/17/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
On average, nearly 40,000 people die from influenza in the U.S. every year.
P

Today Italy is reporting ~350 deaths. JUST TODAY. If things do not get any better, or any worse and they hold their own for a year, that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 125,000 dead Italians in a country of sixty million total.

Before you post anymore really stupid S H I T multiply that number by five and a half and then think for just a second or two before you show the 'fire how [bleep] dumb some of it's members are.

And before any like minded idiots start in with the seasonal relationship of viruses to illness you might consider that the seasonal relationship is because we herd all our children into disease factories in September and by October production ramps up. This virus is attacking a population with zero demonstrated immunity.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MILES58
P

Today Italy is reporting ~350 deaths. JUST TODAY. If things do not get any better, or any worse and they hold their own for a year, that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 125,000 dead Italians in a country of sixty million total.

Before you post anymore really stupid S H I T multiply that number by five and a half and then think for just a second or two before you show the 'fire how [bleep] dumb some of it's members are.

And before any like minded idiots start in with the seasonal relationship of viruses to illness you might consider that the seasonal relationship is because we herd all our children into disease factories in September and by October production ramps up. This virus is attacking a population with zero demonstrated immunity.

Straight line thinking probably doesn't work here.

Thinking in quadratics might be more applicable:

[Linked Image from varsitytutors.com]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It has to be a lie. Italy has Universal Health Care, absolutely guaranteed to provide adequate doctors, medicine, hospitals, and life everlasting for everyone.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
This virus is attacking a population with zero demonstrated immunity.

The latest liberal propaganda, intended to spread hysteria.

If a person had an immunity, they'd never get infected.

So it's obvious that the people that catch the bug don't have any immunity to it.

Viruses change their characteristics every year, which is why the flu vaccine changes every year.

People that was immune the year before, ain't anymore.

It's the same as always.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If a population had "zero" immunity, wouldnt everyone infected die?

ie;] Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID)
whereby both arms of ones immune system (innate and adaptive) are basically gone.

differing symptoms people are showing actually indicate varied degree of immune response.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Simmer down boomers.
If this is the end of the world, you can finally let go of the guilt of raising millennials.

Otherwise, always remember, no one here gets out alive.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This a new virus to humanity, we have not figured out why some folks are asymptomatic and others are hit hard with viral pneumonia, or why others have just symptoms in-between. It may be as simple as a vitamin deficiency related to our immune system or something quite a bit more complex. I do know that this virus poses a serious threat to our healthcare system until we get it figured out, none of us has ever seen a pandemic like this in our lifetime.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
FWIW, China has closed all of the 16 makeshift hospitals it built to deal with the morona virus.

They were all empty.

https://www.scmp.com/photos/3074488/wuhan-close-makeshift-hospitals-covid-19-patients

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From Reuters article March 13:

China has taken great offense at comments by U.S. officials accusing it of being slow to react to the virus, which was first detected in Wuhan late last year, and of not being transparent enough.

Late last year. Nov-Dec 2019.... let that sink in, just a bit

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I believe the [bleep] was already here lots of people have said similar it’s being hyped up and it’s political but the truth will come out eventually

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
P

Straight line thinking probably doesn't work here.

Thinking in quadratics might be more applicable:

[Linked Image from varsitytutors.com]

That's dumber than the first one! This is a bell curve and will continue to rise at an exponential rate until limited. That limit will be running out of victims in all likelihood because we will not have a vaccine available until a year or so from now.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Fubarski
This virus is attacking a population with zero demonstrated immunity.

The latest liberal propaganda, intended to spread hysteria.

If a person had an immunity, they'd never get infected.

So it's obvious that the people that catch the bug don't have any immunity to it.

Viruses change their characteristics every year, which is why the flu vaccine changes every year.

People that was immune the year before, ain't anymore.

It's the same as always.

This is another 99.99% B U L L S H I T post. Most of us carry varying degrees of immunity to pathogens we have been exposed to.

Some viruses change frequently. Some do not.

People that were immune to an influenza strain at some point frequently do carry immunity in some degree to mutated versions of the same strain and thus suffer much milder illness. It's why getting a flu shot EVERY year does more than just protect against those strains in in vaccine.

This is not liberal hysteria nor propaganda. It is facts.

Immunity is not an either or condition. It is a continuum. A good example is vaccines. They may wholly prevent an illness while they are still current. But... as time passes immunity wanes and how effective they are wanes as well. This is true for individuals and moreso across a population.

edited to add: This is precisely why old people whose immune systems re known to be less robust get a larger dose of flu vaccine annually. Their immunity was simply not so well assured with a standard dose of the vaccine.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Starman
If a population had "zero" immunity, wouldnt everyone infected die?

ie;] Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID)
whereby both arms of ones immune system (innate and adaptive) are basically gone.

differing symptoms people are showing actually indicate varied degree of immune response.

No everyone would not NECESSARILY die. That is a function of their current state of health, perhaps the dosage of the pathogen, the virulence of the pathogen, whether vccine cn be administered in time. My understanding is that the corona virus 19 is not mitigated by immune response. Children are infected when exposed. There is something different happening which limits the symptoms (which are often caused by the immune system) that the children suffer from the virus infection. They appear to be infected at similar rates as adults. They appear to be clearing the infection in a similar manner and time frame as the adults. They just do so without suffering much in the way of illness

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Of the cases that have been concluded (dead or fully recovered), 56.02% are recovered and 43.98% are dead

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

Last edited by LeroyBeans; 03/17/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No everyone would not NECESSARILY die. That is a function of their current state of health,
perhaps the dosage of the pathogen, the virulence of the pathogen. ...

Then what did you mean by "This virus is attacking a population with zero demonstrated immunity"..?

. My understanding is that the corona virus 19 is not mitigated by immune response.

Do you mean the collective immune system does not in anyway resist the bacterial or viral infection
due to C19?....So there is no innate immune response to bacteria (intracellular) pathogens, nor,
adaptive immune rersponse to viral (intercellular) pathogens?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,583 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,012
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.