Campfire Member
B
Must have missed it they carried the German and Hungarian fixed powers

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You’ve got it backwards. S&B decided to only have 1 dealer in the US (Eurooptic) and they withdrew from all others.

Supposedly Cameraland and other dealers will be able to go through Eurooptic and act as an intermediary, but why would they do that?

For the record I special ordered a scope from S&B through Cameraland last fall. I wasn’t in a huge hurry but I wanted to at least have an order in the system. I got it some time later, didn’t keep track of the time.

I also called Eurooptic to inquire about the same scope at the same time. They wouldn’t special order it for me. I got an email last week that particular model (3-12x42) was back in stock.

I would have preferred S&B had chosen Cameraland.

B
Brian Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Well that’s sucks ! I would have must preferred to deal with camera land too. I didn’t have the money for one of their special PM2 6x42s but kick myself now

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I would have liked to try one of those 6x's but couldn't afford it at the time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just to clear up the S&B questions.....

In October, due to slow sales in the USA, S&B decided to make Euro Optics the USA distributor of S&B scopes (I assume getting an order of a minimum requirement of scopes per year for this agreement). S&B then contacted all USA dealers to inform us that we had to buy from Euro. We, and many other S&B dealers, told them where they can go with this request and dropped S&B from our offerings.

IMO, they will realize before their agreement is up that this was an incredibly stupid move on their part.

We have since signed with March Scopes (We will have inventory and a category on our site for March shortly) and our Nightforce sales have skyrocketed.

S&B used to be a go to brand. Their lack of quality control saw more service issues in 2018 and 2019 then I can recall in all our years being a S&B dealer and their idea of correcting this is to go into a guarantee sale agreement with 1 dealer. I guess the old "Don't put all your eggs in 1 basket" saying means nothing to them. Maybe correcting QC issues would have made more sense.

It is what it is. If you are set on a S&B then call Euro, if you want a quality scope to fit a particular need please give us a call and it is, as always, our pleasure to assist you. Nightforce, Tangent Theta, March, Kahles, Swarovski, Leica, Steiner, etc all offer excellent scopes

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Great to hear about March, thanks Doug!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have experience with March scopes.

They are very,very good scopes.

I am certain you will complement each other

Lefty C

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
This question is for CameraLand.

I bought a S & B Summit scope from you and now I fear the adjustments are not functioning properly.
What address do I send the scope to for a "check up"?

Thanks to Doug and Neil.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HawaiiPD
This question is for CameraLand.

I bought a S & B Summit scope from you and now I fear the adjustments are not functioning properly.
What address do I send the scope to for a "check up"?

Thanks to Doug and Neil.

Jerry, at S&B, is still the go to guy, 540-450-8132.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
look lets be honest here, S&B scopes are horrendously over priced. The product line is hokey and tuff to understand. Its hard to know what scope comes with what reticle and or turret options. I am sure they are great scopes and maybe hokey is the wrong word, but it to me describes the variety of product they have available and how they explain it on their website. They are not sold in any store I have ever seen. They are nothing more than a boutique brand at best. its no wonder europtic was the only ones pimping them. combine poorly illistrated product and features how do they intend to sell very many to a crowd that never gets their hands on one unless they buy it first? I think some of these german companies need to revamp how they market to the US market. must be a language barrier or something.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The alpha maker scope business in the US is miniscule at best, and the alpha bino market is only slightly bigger IMO. Quite frankly I never even saw a S&B in a retail store, and i never see Leica or Zeiss stuff either anymore, likely because in this miniscule optics market Swaro is kicking all their assses and making them like it. This is Leica's what, 4th attempt at making a scope that will actually sell?

Last edited by JGRaider; 03/16/20.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
look lets be honest here, S&B scopes are horrendously over priced. The product line is hokey and tuff to understand. Its hard to know what scope comes with what reticle and or turret options. I am sure they are great scopes and maybe hokey is the wrong word, but it to me describes the variety of product they have available and how they explain it on their website. They are not sold in any store I have ever seen. They are nothing more than a boutique brand at best. its no wonder europtic was the only ones pimping them. combine poorly illistrated product and features how do they intend to sell very many to a crowd that never gets their hands on one unless they buy it first? I think some of these german companies need to revamp how they market to the US market. must be a language barrier or something.

Doug is a nice guy and I don't agree with the treatment he got from S&B.

I have had one minor issue and I mean minor which was resolved in 3 hours. I have had zero issues with Zeiss but I can guarantee a Swarovski will go back to the repair shop sooner or later. I just bought a Z5 and so far so good. It will be going on a 300 wsm we shall see.

Horrendously over priced? Only Alpha company other then Zeiss that makes and grinds their optical glass. All they make are riflescopes nothing else.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
If I’m buying a premium optic I’ll only buy it through Doug. I know I’m covered either way

W
WRO Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I have had one minor issue and I mean minor which was resolved in 3 hours. I have had zero issues with Zeiss but I can guarantee a Swarovski will go back to the repair shop sooner or later. I just bought a Z5 and so far so good. It will be going on a 300 wsm we shall see.

Horrendously over priced? Only Alpha company other then Zeiss that makes and grinds their optical glass. All they make are riflescopes nothing else.

Swarovski grinds and finishes all of their lenses in house as does Leica.. The base product for euro high end glass all comes from schott AG.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by WRO

Swarovski grinds and finishes all of their lenses in house as does Leica.. The base product for euro high end glass all comes from schott AG.

So does Meopta

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Meopta supplies glass for many of the higher end optic companies

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WRO
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Owned by Zeiss

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yeah, marketing to those with less than a high school education causes all kinds of scope model confusion....

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Or folk just don't know about the Campfire so they just don't know the truth.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Yeah, marketing to those with less than a high school education causes all kinds of scope model confusion....

This thread might have legs after all!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

375 members (1lesfox, 10ring1, 160user, 06hunter59, 16penny, 12344mag, 33 invisible), 1,742 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,178
Posts18,465,565
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.