Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
tas6691 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
But it sure does shoot!!
I saw this thing months ago at a sort of local gun shop while looking for another wonder 9 pistol. I didnt handle it that day but thought dayuuum what an ugly rifle. Went home and googled "green rifle with camo stock" and there it was!!

Sauer 100 Cherokee

Laffed and laffed and went to bed. Thought about that butt ugly rifle all week. Looked at it online some more and realized the black version and silver coated barrel version were worse!! Couldnt find it anywhere in 7/08, so back to the sort of local gun shop to handle it. Just handle it!! Because I have restraint and control of my addiction! AND I have no use for 6.5 Creede!! Or any reloading supplies for the Creede

Got it home and installed the scope (thank ggodness the store had brass and dies) and realized how well it handles. Cleaned it, adjusted the trigger down from 4 1/2 pounds to 2 lbs 10 ozs....all with a simple allen key...WITHOUT REMOVING THE STOCK!! What genious thought of that?? Or better yet, why hasn't another maker done this??

This thing has a fully adjustable trigger without removing anything, a wonderfully shaped stock which also has a sort of rubberized feel, 3 position Remington style safety, and a bolt that glides as if on bearings and locks up tight!! The trigger is THE best factory trigger I have ever felt(not counting my Coopers). Breaks crisp with no takeup or over travel.

Fortunately it shoots a whole lot better than it looks. I tried several powders with SST's and Federal Fusion bullets. It seems to really like IMR 4451, which is nice cause I got 2 1/2 pounds the MRC 260 hated!! The target pic is 40 40.5 and 41 grains of 4451 and 140 grain Fusions, not bad!

No point to this other than to show off the ugliest rifle I not only own but have ever seen, and see what yall think of the Sauer 100 rifles.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
I have seen worse. I would probably paint over the digital camo as it isn’t my style but it probably works. I hear good things about the Sauers

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'd say it's a work of art...modern art...but very nicely done.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Could be worse in both the looks and accuracy department

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Anything that ugly doesn't deserve being fired at such a stunningly beautiful target!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Anything that ugly doesn't deserve being fired at such a stunningly beautiful target!

I was gonna give him a free pass on the target

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The looks of that rifle don't offend my delicate sensibilities at all. Sounds like a keeper.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Looks fine to me. What really matters is that it handles well, has a good trigger and appears to be accurate. The only other consideration is that it cycles and fires reliably, which I suspect it will.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Don't care for the camo, but the rifle's lines are fine. I can think of some others that are far worse, but I'll refrain from naming them in this tender-hearted assembly.

What fresh Hell is this?
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I dont think that rifle is ugly at all, and it looks like it shoots like a house afire so id call it a keeper if it weren't another damn Creed 😂....Good hunting..Hb

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not that bad looking.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you want ugly, look at sticks pics. Pink and yellow polka dots, throwing rifles in creeks, etc...
On serious note, The sauer 100 is a solid rifle.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Beauty is
As beauty does

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I dont think that rifle is ugly at all, and it looks like it shoots like a house afire so id call it a keeper if it weren't another damn Creed 😂....Good hunting..Hb

+1 . Ugly? Evidently the OP has not seen the procession of rifles some custom some not that have been posted here, I would be embarrassed to own any of them . That's all I will say.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
T/C Compass gets my vote for ugliest. Makes that Sauer look like the goddess of the hunt.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JeffyD
T/C Compass gets my vote for ugliest. Makes that Sauer look like the goddess of the hunt.

LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You want to see ugly rifles? Go to the Mannlicher Stocked rifles thread. The OP's is a thing of beauty comparatively speaking.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I like the shape better than the US economy rifles. Not sure that pattern would disappear many places. Use it at night.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
tas6691 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I was gonna give him a free pass on the target

I knew I was gonna catch crap over that target....hint..wink insert illegible gibberish

T
tas6691 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
You want to see ugly rifles? Go to the Mannlicher Stocked rifles thread. The OP's is a thing of beauty comparatively speaking.

That hurts, I was about to go post in that thread......I love those rifles that maybe why I like this one!! LOL
I didnt give two hoots for rifles until I found the campfire....you guys are a bad influence!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugemag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,654
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.