Print Thread
Hop To
V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
So what’s an out of state license cost, does a guy have to apply? I am looking at hunting north of Fairview.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Buck tags are draw only. April 1 deadline.

Not sure the prices. I need new regs.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by viking
So what’s an out of state license cost, does a guy have to apply?

Roughly $650 for a nonresident.

Yes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I'll put in for my tags this week.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Put in for the Non Resident deer combo last weekend. Need the conservation and state use licenses too. Extra fee for online application. Bought a few Supertag chances. Think total was about $750.

Do or do not, there is no try.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Oldslowdog: My first "non-resident" Montana Hunting "license" consisted of 2 (two!) Mule Deer buck tags (eastern Montana), 1 (one) Elk tag, 1 (one) Bear tag, fishing and upland birds all for $92.00 (ninety two dollars)!
Sadly I think todays non-resident Hunters are being RAPED (financially!) by the once great Montana Department of Fish & Game!
It has now been "incorporated" by liberal politcos into the Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Department.
You can imagine how your (my!) funds intended for fish and game are being "wasted" and squandered by the liberal "parks" bureaucracy!
I know - I seen it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I just picked up my A tag at the FWP in Miles City. They printed it off on fricking printer paper and offered me a plastic bag to put it in.

What a cluster.

Think I should make about a dozen more copies of that A tag. and keep shooting, processing deer until I get checked. I'd NEVER do something like that but some will!

This might be the dumbest crap I have EVER seen from any wildlife management system in my life.

Hold on Montana FWP, things are going to get rocky.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
I just picked up my A tag at the FWP in Miles City. They printed it off on fricking printer paper

This might be the dumbest crap I have EVER seen from any wildlife management system in my life.

My thoughts exactly. How in the world do they think this will not result in fraud.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I just picked up my A tag at the FWP in Miles City. They printed it off on fricking printer paper and offered me a plastic bag to put it in.

What a cluster.

Think I should make about a dozen more copies of that A tag. and keep shooting, processing deer until I get checked. I'd NEVER do something like that but some will!

I printed mine last night. The system is set up so you can only print one time. If it fails to print you have to contact the F&G to request another try. They will review your request to determine if they will let it happen again. Thankfully mine worked, but it doesn't always.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

What a cluster.

I printed mine last night. The system is set up so you can only print one time. If it fails to print you have to contact the F&G to request another try. They will review your request to determine if they will let it happen again. Thankfully mine worked, but it doesn't always.

I think you got part of my point but what about those that hit print, Print out the first tag and run that tag through a printer until he runs out of paper,

VERY STUPID move on FWP's part.

Then stick your tag on a carcass in a snow storm, throw it in the back of the truck and head home. Printer paper won't make it the first mile. Pull over at a check station and get ticketed for not tagging. I see nothing but trouble with this incredibly stupid decision.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
As printed directly from the FWP site, the tag also shows a faint "Imprint" of the FWP grizzly bear logo--which is designed to not appear on copy/reprints"of the tag.

Would be interested if it shows up when you try copying your tag.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I don' know John. I do see the image on my tag. I don't have any intention of making copies of my tags but see multiple issues in this new process. I also wonder if the watermark is imprinted on all of the printer paper at the FWP offices.

Just curious myself if the image is on the original, how does it not copy over on a quality printer?

Time will tell, they say change is good?

Last edited by 6MMWASP; 03/19/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It’s been a cluster frick. I sell them at my store and it’s printed paper as mentioned. It will xerox or scan and print again. Customers have showed me their handy work. I agree 100% it will result in fraud. I asked my contact and was given an answer of poachers will always poach. Pretty sad. Dumbest way I have seen to save money.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mike- It all starts as white printer paper from staples. It’s no water mark. It’s a a printed background image. We were told to provide our own paper and it’s just plain ole paper

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thanks ShootAI.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I printed my license and it does have the image John referenced above. It actually looks like a watermark when you print it. Pursuant to a conversation with a friend of mine who works for Fish, Wildlife and Parks, I attempted to copy it and the image that looks like a watermark does not copy. At least it doesn't on my home copier. That gives me some consolation with respect to widespread fraud and abuse. Maybe a "high dollar" copier will be capable. I also did not check the initial print process by telling it to print more than one copy. Yes, I threw away the photocopied version.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A good litmus test might be to have a high school/college aged kid try it. Depending on the file type, I'd bet that it wouldn't take too long to find one in the aforementioned demographic that could reproduce the tag...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Oldslowdog

Originally Posted by viking
So what’s an out of state license cost, does a guy have to apply?

Roughly $650 for a nonresident.

Yes.

Elk/deer combo knocks on $950.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Fugg Montana!! 6 of us bought the hunting rights to a 360,000 acre ranch near Saco 25 years ago in north central part of state the tags we must buy at NR rates are indeed rape. FWP do damn little these days but cruise the roads looking for roadhunters or sit in local diners eating. Fugg them all to hell we sold the rights back to the rancher after last season

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (1234, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 64 invisible), 2,757 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,052
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.