Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Since I wasn’t on the list of folks approved to work from home, I suppose somebody must consider me critical.

I don’t necessarily agree.

Same.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Duckhunter
Wastewater facility manager. Want me to shut it down?

We build sewage pumps.

People can do without gas and liquor.........the sewers back up??

Torches and pitchforks and open rebellion!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gristle
UPS package driver here. To the people I’ve been delivering tp to now for 4 days, I’m more popular than Santa.

Damn people have lost their [bleep] minds....

Ditto.

Actually delivered a box of 36 Pop-Tarts............Next Day Air.........to a house today. This is what my life's purpose has become.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Yoder409
UPS package driver here. To the people I’ve been delivering tp to now for 4 days, I’m more popular than Santa.

Ditto.

Actually delivered a box of 36 Pop-Tarts............Next Day Air.........to a house today. This is what my life's purpose has become.

I'm still waiting for my new copy of Tombstone on Blu-Ray and my 1911 books by Kuhnhausen.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Yoder409

Ditto.

It sounds funny when you put it like that, but you’re delivering comfort and putting folks at ease.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm a respiratory therapist. I work with ventilator patients in ICU at a regional health center. So yeah, I guess I'm critical. I had to shave my beard I've had for several years for proper fit of the N-95 mask. Oh well. I'll grow it back later.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Chemicals....ketones, esters, acrylates, various industrial alcohols.

People can do without paints, coatings, inks, cosmetics. But hand sanitizer? That seems to be critical right now.

We are sold out on two alcohols that go into that end-use...I cannot take any new orders for shipment before April 27th.

People are calling in from Asia and Europe to buy. Sorry Charlie, my stuff is staying right here for Americans to use! Even though we could sell it for a lot more in those export markets.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Armed hospital security. I'm on my 10th straight day at work. Might get Monday the 23rd off? In the last week I have witnessed occurrences of hysteria and a total lack of common sense, and rational thought.

N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Yup! Making the best dehydrated potatoe products you can buy. We passed what we sold in March last year by March 9th this year. These last few weeks have been "fun".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am glorified hired man at the cow farm and don't cha know those cows like to eat everyday and dis time of year we hafta feed them(everyday).

AND the most stressful time of the year is now upon us, aka calving and an uber mud season.

And my dad's dog is dying of cancer. Poor guy, it's a tough deal.

It is a sonuvabitch right now but like I told my parent's this morning, we HAVE to stay positive.

IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by sambo3006
I'm a respiratory therapist. I work with ventilator patients in ICU at a regional health center. So yeah, I guess I'm critical. I had to shave my beard I've had for several years for proper fit of the N-95 mask. Oh well. I'll grow it back later.

God bless and protect you guys on the frontlines!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Originally Posted by sambo3006

God bless and protect you guys on the frontlines!

That really puts it in perspective.

God Bless for sure.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Critical? Depends what time a year it is .I work for the DOT the tasks that I am normally involved with( construction & materials) won't get going for another month. But I still have my CDL and snow plow cert so if the weather goes to hell I'm critical in a hurry.Right now I'm at home by the governor's order. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My patients still need help, it's work that has to be done. I've noticed less traffic while I'm on the road between calls

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Self employed locksmith on the fence if I’m a critacle industry

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Heavy Duty Truck Parts Delivery. If the trucks don't roll, nobody is gettin' nothin'. We received a memo from the owner that states we will be "business as usual".

Magnum Bob, I drove a municipal, tandem axle snow plow for 22 yrs. in Wis. Never heard of "Snow Plow Certified". State or local cert?

We just taught the new guys which levers worked the plow (up, down, left, right, front blade or side wing) and how the salt spreader worked.

Took about 3-4 eight hour shifts. If 2 trainers gave the O.K., they were turned loose.

Yeah, if it snows those guys are critical.

Last edited by prplbkrr; 03/19/20.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Officially retired from the fire service 2 years ago but there has been some talk of rehiring retired members if manpower drops due to sickness. My name was brought up by my replacement but he was given the stink eye by everyone from the chief on up so I think I'm safe from being called up.

Where I work part time is considered "essential" due to the merchandise we sell and that we also sell gas. I am considered "essential" within the store as I have a good working familiarity with many of the products in most of the departments and am often used to assist outside my regular department as needed. I am so "essential" that I have over 40 hours again this week with one more scheduled day tomorrow.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by cowdoc
My patients still need help, it's work that has to be done. I've noticed less traffic while I'm on the road between calls

I just drove across Texas (West to East) on I-20, and I can't say I saw any reduction in traffic anywhere including Dallas/Fort Worth. Midland / Odessa might be slightly reduced but there are still a bunch of idiots on the roads.

My job is critical while the company is spending $100,000 plus a day on construction labor and equipment rentals, but we are winding this project up now and will probably get to sit at home and raise a garden this summer before the next project begins.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I am glorified hired man at the cow farm and don't cha know those cows like to eat everyday and dis time of year we hafta feed them(everyday).

AND the most stressful time of the year is now upon us, aka calving and an uber mud season.

And my dad's dog is dying of cancer. Poor guy, it's a tough deal.

It is a sonuvabitch right now but like I told my parent's this morning, we HAVE to stay positive.

Damn Sam, Sorry to hear that about your Dad's red heeler. From pics and stories told here, he has been a hell of a dog. A good dog is almost as hard to replace as a good horse, and they do not train overnight. The best part of a good dog is they make the cow pony's life so much easier.

Good luck getting them cows out of the bushes in the meantime.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks man.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
297 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 45 invisible), 2,151 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,725
Posts18,400,614
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.