Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
A friend has corona virus disease right now. He is a 52 year old former Marine. He is a very tough and fit man.

He said it is like having the worst flu of his life multiplied times ten worse. The major problem is extreme difficulty breathing.

He said the ER did the first test which came back negative and told him he just had allergies and sent him home. Two days later he was worse, so he called a doctor friend involved in infectious disease work. That doctor jammed the test swab way down the back of his throat to the point of gagging - it was a big deal and no one is going to be doing it to themselves if done correctly according to him. That test came back positive, but by then he had exposed his wife and kids.

He also mentioned he lost all sense of smell and taste for several days.

Bottom line - this is not just the flu.

Please take this seriously. Stay home. It is a time to catch up on reloading, reading, or other to do items.

ps - he thinks he caught it riding on a plane ride.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers sent. Sorry to hear of it. Hope he's better soon.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I watched a video of a "survivor" who said compared to bronchitis, it was mild. He said scale of 10, bronchitis was an 8 and c19 a 2.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The COVID-19 virus can cause Pneumonia, just like the Flu can. Pneumonia has all sorts of levels of severity. My guess is that your friend didn't get Pneumonia whereas jeffbird's friend has a bad case of it. The overall response to this may be off-base but it is a dangerous disease and nothing to fool with.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The COVID-19 virus can cause Pneumonia, just like the Flu can. Pneumonia has all sorts of levels of severity. My guess is that your friend didn't get Pneumonia whereas jeffbird's friend has a bad case of it. The overall response to this may be off-base but it is a dangerous disease and nothing to fool with.

Wasting your time with jackoff, he's stuck on stupid re. the seriousness of this Covid, and he isn't alone.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by broomd

Wasting your time with jackoff, he's stuck on stupid re. the seriousness of this Covid, and he isn't alone.

Yep.

Jack,

this is not a post from watching a youtube video.

My friend is a real person I know well. He was a sergeant in the Marine Corps, so he is tough man.

The irony is he was a naysayer saying it was just the flu until it bit him - hard.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

No shyt. Lots and lots of stupid here. Never seen so many crazy old men in one place in my life.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wonder if albuterol helps the breathing with this virus

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord

That would be nice if it does, as I have a prescription due to bronchitis early in the year. Inhaler still more than half full.

Then again................maybe the bronchitis I got from the flu.....................wasn't from the flu wink

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord

Have some on hand along with generic Mucinex (guaifenesin) and some Quinine. Wish I had more pseudo.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Quote ; ''He also mentioned he lost all sense of smell and taste for several days.''

H1N1 caused the same thing for me in 09 --- weird . Took a few months to return smell/taste .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good post. I’ll be following

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Prayers sent. Sorry to hear of it. Hope he's better soon.

Thank you Ethan.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jeffbird

Yep.

Jack,

My friend is a real person I know well. He was a sergeant in the Marine Corps, so he is tough man.

The irony is he was a naysayer saying it was just the flu until it bit him - hard.

Some folks with it dont get sick and some die from it. Is that too hard for folks to figure out?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
jeffbird, Hope your buddy gets well soon.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by jeffbird

Yep.

Jack,

Some folks with it dont get sick and some die from it. Is that too hard for folks to figure out?

Honestly? It is completely and utterly too hard for some folks to figure out.

It doesn't help that there's a metric assload of people trying to hype this up as much as they can for fun and profit.

But utter denial isn't any better either.

Scott

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I hope he gets well!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The different way it hits folks is part of the problem. Some say it barely effected them, some have no symptoms, and some it takes off the count. Scary stuff for a lot of people.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It's all fun and games until either you or somebody you care about can't breathe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tell him the taste and smell will come back and after he gets some strength back and works out it will look like he is on anabolic steroids. His x-rays will also clear up.

Prayers up

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,221 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,741
Posts18,457,686
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.