Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Cloudy low 40s here. Gonna top off the woodbox, cut a lil firewood for nextyear, maybe coyote hunt later, check the fleet's oil and air and maybe start spot spraying the emerging weeds. Then I'll have to figure out what to do for the next 15 days I'm off work. Wish this shutdown had happened 6 weeks from now when the garden was getting going.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
got work to do.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Snowed yesterday, sunny and slushy this morning. The honey-do list never gets completed.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Will wander out and roam around town on foot.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
we got snow and gale force winds all day yesterday. Single digits now but sunny and nice. Ill likely shoot some pistol...maybe get the ATV out of hibernation. We will see.

GOD Bless America
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
made a short TP hunt to a few stores. didn't bag any.
got a few staples , flour, etc. we can hold out a while with what we have. I start rotating in-office / work from home Monday. Not worried. worst case believers are stupid.... people who think this is all made up are stupid.
people who think we got this from bats, not sure if they are smart or stupid.

Per Forrest Gump; stupid is as stupid does. actually we have to credit his mother with saying that. He was just repeating it.
smile

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Going out to barn to work on BBQ pit rehab.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This weekend will be the only nice weather here for a bit. It has rained on and off since Tuesday, and will pick up again with rain and snow all next week. Sadly for me, I don't golf or fish on weekends, choosing to leave those days for you poor worker bees to enjoy. So I'm pretty much housebound.

But there's the dreadmill for exercise, the TV for brainless time wasting, good books for the opposite, and (as Jimmy Boofay said) booze in the blender.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
There's a small pasture in the paddock on the back of my property where the grass grows faster and thicker than anywhere else on my place. The rest of my yard is patchy, but I walked back there yesterday and it needs to be cut.

My day will be spent getting the mower out of cold storage.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
was 13 here this am, only going up to 32, but the suns out got 3" of new snow yesterday. just brought the wood in for the day and night, spring will be here in about a month!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I might just go run amok.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by P_Weed
I might just go run amok.

My mok has gotten a bit long in the tooth and will only stroll leisurely for short distances.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Ran to grab a couple pounds of Powder I needed for a load I worked up. That was an adventure. Plan on doing some wood cutting and some reloading today. Great forecast for tomorrow and have some serious shooting planned.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Going fishing for burbot.
Mainly just going to sit in the spring sun and drown some worms.

Last edited by deerstalker; 03/21/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We'll take the dog for a walk in a few minutes, likely to the cemetery so TD can say high to her folks. Then we'll head towards town, probably stop by the Chevy dealer to look at the new 1-ton Duramax pickups (we've been shopping for a while but may wait to see if prices are going to drop). We'll do a bit of shopping as TD wants to make a better-than-sex cake for our granddaughter's birthday, then we'll stop by our older daughters to pickup the empty utility trailer I dropped off full of bark yesterday. The dog and I will probably take a longer walk this afternoon.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Going fishing for burbot.
Mainly just going to sit in the spring sun and drown some worms.

That sounds like fun. I didn't know you have burbot up there. My brother lives in Bonners Ferry, I may have to load up the tin-bin and pay him a visit. It's been too long since he and I spent a day wetting our lines.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Every day is day off for me............or at least it was supposed to be after retiring 5 years ago. The problem is, somebody forgot to tell the farm that. We can't go anywhere because we're quarantining ourselves after one of the grandkids was exposed, but the weather is so crappy, and I'm not a stay inside person.

Anyway, even if the test comes back okay, with so many places shut down, I'm going to be looking for something to do every day for a while.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by renegade50

Oh my holy fudge. A Thundarr clip, the second best cartoon ever. Right after Brave Starr. Ookla was alright, in his own way.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Just now got done loading another 100 rounds of 45 auto. Been doing 1-200 a day for some time now. Time to cast up more 200gr swc. Pear and peach trees I planted looking ok so far. Might run over to Meeker and get some tractor gas. Son said it was 1.20 yesterday. 14yr old grandgirl has been down from KC for a couple weeks. Going home tomorrow. Going to miss her. Thinking of doing some fishing meself.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

714 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 72 invisible), 3,298 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,269
Posts18,467,332
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.