Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Are the new restrictions effecting anyone? It's is good we did not make our fishing trip this March.

Last edited by wabigoon; 03/21/20.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hopefully things will calm down prior to my NF moose hunt in September.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I just got an eMail from the outfitter I am using for a griz hunt in August. He said if things don't calm down by July he'll roll my trip over to next year.

It'll suck, but at least he's willing to work with folks during this whole crisis. I presume your moose outfitter will do something similar.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My job has me on the road 2-3 days a week. Boss closed the office and has everyone working virtually from home.

Since I can’t go anywhere, I really don’t have any work to do. So I’ll putter around the house doing a few things.

I’ve got 3 trips planned to Northern Ontario and Manitoba this year. They’ll happen, but probably not until fall. If the economy doesn’t take too much of a crap, maybe I’ll work a bear hunt in.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I had not thought of it till just now, I hope nothing comes up that I'd have to miss. The funeral of a good friend, for two reasons.

Or something with our humble place. I guess that is what friends are for.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I won’t be going Turkey huntin in Wisconsin this year—not going for elk in Montana either. Canadian dollar dropped like a rock last week compared to US

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I just got an eMail from the outfitter I a using for a griz hunt in August. He said if things don't calm down by July he'll roll my trip over to next year.

It'll suck, but at least he's willing to work with folks during this whole crisis. I presume your moose outfitter will do something similar.

Yes, he said he'd roll it over, or refund it, whichever I choose.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Hopefully things will calm down prior to my NF moose hunt in September.

Same issue here with my BC hunt.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Richard—the border was closed down to stop tourism and recreation and its only for 30 days. If you were to go to Wabigoon because something happened to your cabin or you had to attend a funeral they would probably let you in. They might take your temperature but they can do that with a handheld device pointed at your forehead.
I would call ahead of course.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks Karl, it is always good to read what you post. It would be so nice to fish together some time.

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I plan to cross the border on April 15th. I hope they have the "rules" in place by then for what is essential travel and what isn't.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The whole concept of restricting travel over the border is stupid. There are few, if any, cases in southern Saskatchewan or North Dakota so travel between the two has no more effect than travel between north and south Dakota. On the other hand, I wouldn't be too thrilled to be getting visitors from NYC or Seattle. Still, this is the card we have been dealt so there it is. GD

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
The NWT closed its border today. Im in the outfitting business here in Yukon ( fishing lodge, and trapping) and I can tell you that this deal has the potential to be real bad. We are lucky, we can weather the storm even if we have to cancel everyone this summer. But few are in that position. If this goes on much longer there will be a bunch of outfitters out of business. Im already hearing that some are getting a lot of cancelations. Luckily we've only had two, and they were both retired doctors who were called back to work. I fear the economy more than the virus....some talking heads are predicting a 20% unemployment rate. If that happens there will be few outfitters left standing after the dust settles....

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by yukon254
The NWT closed its border today. Im in the outfitting business here in Yukon ( fishing lodge, and trapping) and I can tell you that this deal has the potential to be real bad. We are lucky, we can weather the storm even if we have to cancel everyone this summer. But few are in that position. If this goes on much longer there will be a bunch of outfitters out of business. Im already hearing that some are getting a lot of cancelations. Luckily we've only had two, and they were both retired doctors who were called back to work. I fear the economy more than the virus....some talking heads are predicting a 20% unemployment rate. If that happens there will be few outfitters left standing after the dust settles....

And those in oil and gas and many other sectors will be hit just the same. Tough times.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It only takes one drucken college kid and three of his idiot buddies to contaminate thousands of miles of people, motels, campsites and rest stops, morons won't stay home so the rest of us are paying the price.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Does anyone remember the old asthma commercials, "when you can't breath, nothing else really matters" ?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I live on the Maine/New Brunswick border.

My wife was able to cross to St. Anne to attend her aunt's funeral.

You may or may not be able to cross because something happened to your cabin. Betting not.

Brother-in-law is a Customs agent and they aren't letting much, if any, non-essential traffic across the border.

As always YMMV

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
The definition of what’s essential and what isn’t is gonna get blurry real fast.

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
According to my BIL, food, fuel, and medical supplies.

He said that today, it is doubtful that attending a funeral be considered essential. Again in your local YMMV

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Until this all passes, I'd sure call ahead.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
682 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 77 invisible), 3,073 guests, and 1,440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.