Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Until this all passes, I'd sure call ahead.

wabigoon;
Good morning to you sir, I hope that you and your family are well and keeping out of harm's way.

Honestly until this all settles out for a couple weeks, I'd think that most travel plans anywhere should be suspended.

The whole situation is unprecedented and any predictions on what may or may not be open, running or manned are at best a guess.

Stay well my friend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

BP-B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good Sunday morning to you Dwayne. No church for us, our pastor did do a nice online service.

You may have missed the puppy pictures I posted last night, Our son's family has a eight week old Australian Shepard.

That made Jake a bit late this morning.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life goes on, it will be a good thing when all this disruption is past us.

The best to you, and that lovely family.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by yukon254
The NWT closed its border today. Im in the outfitting business here in Yukon ( fishing lodge, and trapping) and I can tell you that this deal has the potential to be real bad. We are lucky, we can weather the storm even if we have to cancel everyone this summer. But few are in that position. If this goes on much longer there will be a bunch of outfitters out of business. Im already hearing that some are getting a lot of cancelations. Luckily we've only had two, and they were both retired doctors who were called back to work. I fear the economy more than the virus....some talking heads are predicting a 20% unemployment rate. If that happens there will be few outfitters left standing after the dust settles....

yes the local economy and of course the global will take a huge jab with that. maybe we will get Yukon closed too... good luck with your business.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Thanks Phil, seems to be a fluid situation that is changing rapidly. My wife and I work for EMS when we are home and our protocols are changing by the day. The malaria drug treatment has alleviated a lot of the fear it seems. I see markets are up today so that should help.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The trouble is that markets go up one day and then go down for 4 or 5 days. Markets eventually go up if the holders are young enough to out wait the change. This is worse for those of us who are of an age that we don't know how much time we have left. This wouldn't hurt me but it might severely affect my children.
Jim

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
435 members (160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 300jimmy, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 44 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.