Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
jdunham Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Here we go again! So I was told I will be laid off due to the NYS lockdown and will have some free time on my hands. I have some reloading to catch up on and have recently found a new 30-06 load for an upcoming Moose hunt in September. Hornady Superformance Powder is what this rifle really likes with a 180 Partition. I never use this powder and only had a 1/2 pound or so. I figured I would do a bunch of shooting while I was off and was going to load a bunch of this 30-06 load up. Stopped at my go to gun store to get more of this powder and it was packed with people, and there were about 10 long guns left on the rack out of a couple hundred that are usually there. Gun racks were literally bare. Ammo shelves were empty and of course most of the common powders and reloading components were sold out. Tried a couple other stores with the same results and I see online inventories seem to be not what they should be, along with most sites talking abut a big influx of orders and delays. Looking like another hoarding episode is on the horizon. I don't see the upcoming election calming people's fears.

Did finally find a couple pounds at a small shop about 45 minutes away. I want to be able to shoot this week and didn't want to order online if I didn't have to, I only found it in stock at one place. I needed a ride anyway, I am already going stir crazy, nothing is open here and what is left is shutting down after tomorrow. Online inventories aren't in critical stage but seem to be drying up on certain things. Anyone else seeing this yet or is it a local thing in the few states that are locking down?

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
People hoarding everything.

I'm in the middle of moving and I didn't realize how much ammo I have.

LOL
J
jdunham Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I just moved my reloading room upstairs. My wife was shocked at my inventory, LOL!

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I moved recently and my back is still sore from moving ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been focussing on organizing and making mine a bit more portable if the need arises. Having stuff in boxes and strewn around isn't a good idea. I've bought a fair number of these when they offered an additional discount and they've been just what the dr. ordered.

https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-ammo-can-desert-tan.html

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Fireball2
People hoarding everything.

I'm in the middle of moving and I didn't realize how much ammo I have.

Do need help moving ? I'll gladly help move your ammo as long as you don't count it as we load it in my truck.😊

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
J
jdunham Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I've been focussing on organizing and making mine a bit more portable if the need arises. Having stuff in boxes and strewn around isn't a good idea. I've bought a fair number of these when they offered an additional discount and they've been just what the dr. ordered.

After my wife's shock at everything I have, I was told I need to come up with some sort of organization for it. She is of course correct. Those type of bins and some shelving are in order I think.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I have one bullet in my left shirt pocket. It's going to stay there.

At least, that is what I tell everyone.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Dumb [bleep] didn't learn from the last go around of panic buying when Obama took office. We keep shooting ourselves in the foot with this hoarding and panic induced buying. There are some amoung the shooting community dumb enough to never learn. Exhibit "A" all those who rushed out to buy AR-15's and later were offered pennies on the dollar of the hyper inflated prices they'd paid after being convinced they would no longer be able purchase them. Took a royal hosing they did !

Last edited by gunswizard; 03/21/20.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Hording?, no. I'm old, and don't shot all that much.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
think you are bored? I am in the middle of having concrete work done tore the decks off of house front and back been using a step ladder to climg up to house for over a weeks so far, mud is 12" deep. Yesterday contractor told me he must stop working for who knows how long and even if he wanted to do work on the sly he could not get ready mix delivered to pour!
So my 70 year old wife is climbing and descending a f#$king ladder to get in and out of the house!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ammo sure has been cheap and very abundant the past few years. Shame some didn't plan again.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by ribka
Ammo sure has been cheap and very abundant the past few years. Shame some didn't plan again.

True statement - I got caught short of primers during that crisis back in 80's, I have not been short of ammo or components since. I am always amazed at quickly people become complacent.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've been buying when I found a deal for the last 30 years. I don't know why I started so late in life.

Last edited by MD521; 03/21/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Half the household in the USA had a 22LR rifle and ~25 rounds of ammo in a 50 round box, and consumed 2 shots a year, when obuma took office.

For $40 and 0.2 sq ft of closet storage space one could get a brick of 500 rounds of 22lr ammo.

Who wouldn't want to do that?

The trouble was 22lr manufacturing requires very expensive tooling. The manufacturers would run 3 shifts, but would not buy new tooling.

That hoarding and maxed out production fed on itself and caused years of shortages.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Just buy a semi trailer, and tractor. You guys, sheesh! I have to tell you everything! smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Rifle and Pistol ammo on the left Shotgun ammo on the right I stock up every spring for the next hunting season. Rio7

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RIO7

Rifle and Pistol ammo on the left Shotgun ammo on the right I stock up every spring for the next hunting season. Rio7

Seriously????????

Holy Hell.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The store manager at the Cabelas near me said that they are not receiving any ammo resupply. His last shipment of any ammo was nine boxes, not cases, of ammo on the truck.

So it is being cut off and diverted somewhere.

Everyone should have learned after the Obama created shortages.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RIO7

Dad, is that you??? smile

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 73 invisible), 2,927 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,658
Posts18,399,290
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.