24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
As I move my crap from one boat to another I've been scheming on how to improve it. Please share mods you made to your current or past boat or even things you've seen. It doesn't matter how big or small, cheap or expensive, awesome or goofy, share it here! Trailer and motor mods are awesome, too! Share pics if you got 'em, sources if you can, and stories if you want. I don't care if you've got a 10' johnboat or an uber-expensive rig, it may help someone else out.

My junk is stock for now, so who wants to start it off? laugh

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We have a bit of fun with this old Appleby. It's sort of a cartopper, nice for lakes with no launch.
My friend Randy a few years ago. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I installed a fishfinder in the bow today with the transducer mounted on the trolling motor. With any luck, I'll get to try it tomorrow!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
I can't help for at least a month. https://imgur.com/b6ENfY3

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Some mods take years to happen. Hard to drill holes for stuff at first. Over time it eventually happens.

Boat is now 36 years old. It had stainless rails in front and around a much taller vertical windshield. Dash was crappy plastic.

Removed the rails except on sides of center console. Windshield cut down and tilted rearwards. Removed dash and installed teak with built in graph and depthfinder. Altered captain's chair with machined riser to sit at a height to view things over the windshield but stay out of the wind while cruising. I usually remove second chair when out alone. Added trolling motor now using fifth one. Also added Bennett trim tabs. Added base for a power pedestal and seat. Tried many seats over the years. This should make some grin. Now using a drummer's throne by Tama. Best seat I have ever used. Had it reupholstered with convertible top material. Small boarding platform for dogs is teak. It is used to give dogs a place to place their front feet as I hoist them up. There are downrigger bases in rear corners for downriggers I machined myself. Has a bimini top which I haven't used in years. All the plastic pieces that came with the top were replaced with aluminum pieces I machined myself.

This boat has been to many locations over the decades. Served me well. Fished the Finger Lakes, and around Lake Ontario including crossing to Coburg from Rochester one time, went to Rocky Point ,Tortuga island and San Pedro islands in Mexico. All over the Western lakes in Az, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. Caught many species of fish.

Now it is used exclusively at Roosevelt Lake in Az. It has had five German Wirehairs grow up with lots of boating time. Three were in the boat as weiner pups and it was some of their earliest experiences. I always have them with me when I fish these days. They get to jump out to run on the islands. Great fun for all.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by Azshooter; 03/22/20.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice boat and great pics, Azshooter.

That little pup is a beauty.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I installed a fishfinder in the bow today with the transducer mounted on the trolling motor. With any luck, I'll get to try it tomorrow!

The Lowrance with transducer on the trolling motor has worked well for the limited amount of time I've been able to use it (lakes are all shut down). I installed a twin unit at the console for continuity as well as limited space. I also installed a Turning Point 12P prop which should be juuust right. Maybe someday I'll get to go fishing again.

Last edited by SockPuppet; 04/14/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Puppet, what kind of boat is that? powdr

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by powdr
Puppet, what kind of boat is that? powdr

It's a G3 Angler V167C

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
697 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222ND, 75 invisible), 2,784 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,630
Posts18,398,794
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.