Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks for that link Sig. I'll try to watch that.

On our way north in rainy Minnesota last late August we listened to Ed Brady on an Austin, Mn station. Country Gospel music, with good if light sermon message.

The thing I remember best is he said. "Forgive yourself, Christ has forgiven you". I'd never though of it that way.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

We are getting waterlogged up here, Barry. I'm starting to wonder if the few quail we have left in this country will get the crud.

No rain at all last late winter and spring and early summer and they couldnt raise for lack of forage and bugs. Good rains late in summer saved the few that survived.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm gonna change the oil and the blades on my rattle trap lawn mower today. Then maybe do some cooking. Hopefully the excitement won't be too much for me. laugh

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had coffee and breakfast, went on a quick coyote hunt, fed the critters, checked some hay ground to see how wet it was (and it was wet), now I'm back in the house for a while. No church today, although we may try and get a local church's Facebook service. Looks like more rain is on the way.........yuk.

B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I take my caffeine cold, start my day with a Pepsi. I've always liked the smell of coffee but it's too bitter for my sweet tooth.

Church has been livestreaming services for sometime now, they'll continue to do so without a congregation in house. I'll be doing some yard work this afternoon and back to work tomorrow.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx

We are getting waterlogged up here, Barry. I'm starting to wonder if the few quail we have left in this country will get the crud.

No rain at all last late winter and spring and early summer and they couldnt raise for lack of forage and bugs. Good rains late in summer saved the few that survived.

Been longer that a year since we've even had a tank rain here.

Up in Llano County, they have had better rain. Brother's ranch had over 3" last week. He said it's sure green up that way.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is all just normal routine for retired folks.

On my second cuppa, will have a large brunch as usual on Sunday, maybe do a dreadmill walk. Read a bit, nap a bit, watch the tube a bit, try to find some house chore to do, have a cocktail, dinner, more tube, and bed. Repeat tomorrow, and every day after.

Golf and fishing when weather permits, which will not be this week.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by kroo88
The Keurig is pouring #3 currently. Heading out the door to check on a lame cow that should calve today.

Good luck.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Good. It was bad up there last fall and summer. The post oaks and live oaks were dying. Unreal. Well, I sure hope you get your needed rain.

Trees at the lake house lost most their leaves.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/22/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Been longer that a year since we've even had a tank rain here.

Up in Llano County, they have had better rain. Brother's ranch had over 3" last week. He said it's sure green up that way.

We've had so much here lately, that the ground is saturated and water is running out of the top of my well. Ground is soggy.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The Keurig is pouring #3 currently. Heading out the door to check on a lame cow that should calve today.

We just put our Keurig away after a nice 3 or so year run. Went back to the 'old school' (haha) pot. 8oclock "purple" espresso Italian blend. As good as it gets, to my tastebuds, aside from fresh / fresh ground.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Pumping fresh ground french roast stuff right now. Stayed up pretty late watching They Shall Not Grow Old last night with my youngest son.

Left the vibratory case clear we on all night polishing .257 Roberts & .223 Rem cases that I’ll load today.

Our ministers sent out an order of worship with a video link to a sermon and benediction that we’ll follow as a family. I really miss seeing my Sunday School students (5th & 6th graders) and my friends in the assembly. Hope this thing passes us by soon.

Always a good thread here Wabi; I wish everyone the best in your chores and whatnot!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I agree with efw. This is my favorites thread on the fire.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks all, it's not me, rather all you good folks. I've been criticized many times for starting inane threads, perhaps I do, I'm just trying to be friendly.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No coffee for me, never cared for it. Nice big icy cold Mt Dew to get going then maybe grab my .22 mag and see if I cant find a rabbit or squirrel. Going to grill some NY strips later, baked potatoes, asparagus and peanut butter pie.

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My lazy self still lounging in bed reading the Fire. Gonna get up and make some goooood coffee! Got a couple of cords of wood to stack, Shoot my muzzleloader after I installed new fiber optic sights yesterday. Maybe shoot my .35 Whelen for a tuneup for spring bear week after next. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

We just put our Keurig away after a nice 3 or so year run. Went back to the 'old school' (haha) pot. 8oclock "purple" espresso Italian blend. As good as it gets, to my tastebuds, aside from fresh / fresh ground.

Our Keurig is a duel source cup/single, filter/pot version. I use the cup side each morning before work, but the wife will usually have a warm pot running throughout the day.
I have been looking for a replacement stovetop percolator for my hunting gear, since the last bucket of kitchen gear went missing. (Had all the metal plates, bowls, silverware, coffee pot, and kitchen tools in it). (Cabin got broken into, and it was one of the things that went missing.)
Been very wet here, had something like 6" of rain the other night alone, judging by the 5 gallon bucket in the back yard. Ground is soft, but frost on the cars this morning.
We are not in lock-down, but are limiting who comes and goes. Wife has health issues, some are not taking unnecessary risks, but I'm still working M-F, and will do all the traveling that must be done. She will stay inside and away from people.
There is food enough for us two for a few weeks, without straining, and wild game and rice and taters enough for a month beyond that.
I will continue to collect can goods, her medications, and what comes available without panic buying.
On a side note, it has shown the wife, that I'm not nuts to want to have more food stored than we currently do. I've had two previous times in my life, where stored food made the difference, and I want that stability back.
Just before this pandemic, I purchased and filled a second small freezer, over the wife's protests. She didn't see the need, anymore than she did when I bought a generator (I now have 2). She clearly sees the generator as an asset now, since it has been put to work many times, and paid for itself several times over in food savings alone.
(Being able to breath, while sleeping, has made an impression on her as well).
Today, more auction goods get checked, or assembled, or repackaged. If I have time, the trailer gets rewired with new lights and harness, or the four-wheeler gets some attention. She'll do inventory, make sales, and dig through new auctions. (Being medically retired, it's something she can do, and she treats it like a treasure hunt. She's pretty good at it. )

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
No coffee for me, never cared for it. Nice big icy cold Mt Dew to get going then maybe grab my .22 mag and see if I cant find a rabbit or squirrel. Going to grill some NY strips later, baked potatoes, asparagus and peanut butter pie.

I've found your squirrel, and I'ld.give you a roll of toilet paper to get him out, since that is the new currency.

[img]https://imgur.com/fWoFHp8[/img]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Delivered a "care package" of a 4 pack of toilet paper and a 3 pack of paper towels to my 93 yr. old mother in an assisted living facility. They're locked down so in the front vestibule I ring a door bell and someone with a mask takes it down to her room. Stopped on the way at my local convenience store & gas station with my 20 oz. mug for some of their fresh brewed coffee. Which is better than my home brewed instant coffee. Still about 28 degrees out but sunny with a forecast high of 37. Gonna go out and wander around a big wooded piece of state lane across the road later. That's a good way to maintain "social distancing". Then hit the woods next to me and swap SD cards on three trail cams.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Second cup of coffee. Just fired up the ham radio - lots of foreign radio interference.

Just started rereading Hell I Was There - I never get tired of reading Elmer's stuff!

Forgot to mention, corn beef hash from left over St. Patricks Day...

Last edited by CraigD; 03/22/20.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,664 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.