Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Guess I've got a different way of doing this?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sorry I can't show you what's in the bottom locker. It's classified. Lead shielding is your friend.

Flux capacitor?

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by Lennie
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

When I was down at Ft Bragg I stopped in to visit a cousin who was living there in Fayetteville and that's about what his garage looked like.

Really? Another bike nut?

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kellory

When I was down at Ft Bragg I stopped in to visit a cousin who was living there in Fayetteville and that's about what his garage looked like.

Well, taking bike ride is a wonderful exercise and relief of stress, much better than dealing with crowds at LGS.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don’t hoard ammo. Just bullets, primers, and powder. Got a lot of brass.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I don’t hoard it either. However, having what some might consider an excessive amount puts my simple mind at ease

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

That's pretty good.

Actually I think there was a couple of bikes. One for him and one for his wife, but I'm not positive on that since I wasn't paying much attention to bikes back then.

I will say as someone who used to run for fun and can't really do it now because of wear and tear on the body that a hard bike ride is a pretty fair replacement for a good run.

I actually own a bunch of bikes now.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I have about 3,000 rounds of 22LR, some 9mm and a bunch of everything but I really didn't see this coming. If I buy something now, it might be taking from a 1st time gun buyer, and I would neve want a 1st time gun buyer to not have ammo. I worked with a kid this week. Just turned 21 and wanted to buy a SIG, of some sort. He went to Cabelas and saw the line and said forget it. He lives on the east side of Milwaukee and said there are enough meth heads that they might start breaking in when they are in need of meth. He does have his 12 ga. however.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ribka
I moved recently and my back is still sore from moving ammo.

Same. I'm a hoar-der

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I got several bus boy service tubs from Sams wholesale. Got them use as meat lugs processing deer.

They’re great for manhandling 40-50 lbs of ammo, moving it around and stacking it up.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I've got a five thousand round sealed case of Thunderbolt, and about that much again of various other kinds, mostly Federal and CCI. So about 10,000 rounds of .22 rimfire, total.

I learned from the post-Sandy Hook rimfire shortage and scalping. Right after supply came back and prices came down, I ordered that case, and started regularly stacking CCI, Federal, etc., little by little.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I posted my bricks

But have about 10k more of partial bricks and, 3-5 of this n that, then I have about 5k shorts. I have several shoe box size clear Rubbermaid stackers.

Almost prophetic, several yrs ago, I used pick up 3,4 those acrylic 100 count jewel boxes of cci mini mags from an LGS here. I felt guilty not buying at least something after they let see and hold every new arrival from the racks. smile

Alwaysoutdoors and renegade know the place...”Grandpas” seen where even Colin Powell mentioned going when he was here , right down from Gate 1, Ft Campbell. Was a heck of store at one time

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's pretty good.

Actually I think there was a couple of bikes. One for him and one for his wife, but I'm not positive on that since I wasn't paying much attention to bikes back then.

I will say as someone who used to run for fun and can't really do it now because of wear and tear on the body that a hard bike ride is a pretty fair replacement for a good run.

I actually own a bunch of bikes now.

I ran cross country track in school, but these days, I prefer my bikes with motors.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RIO7

We usually put in our order for ammo at the Shot Show, and ammo usually arrives the first of March, as you can see we order in bulk, cheaper that way, we start Training people on rifle, pistol and shotgun, in the fall, about 5 day's a week, then hunting starts, with Dove, about Sept.1st. Oct. 1st. deer and exotic's, Quail, hunting gets going, depending on the weather we may hunt birds in the morning and big game in the afternoon or the other way around. or just big game, we hunt till about March 15th.

Rio7

Tip of the hat!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just a thought....
There are lines 25 deep at the counter, awaiting background checks. All of the pistol ammo here was gone at Cabela's. However, I had no issues at all buying another couple boxes of .450 Bushmaster. 4 varieties still in stock. Yet I can't find another box of 9mm defense ammo in town. (Sold out).

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Just a thought....
There are lines 25 deep at the counter, awaiting background checks. All of the pistol ammo here was gone at Cabela's. However, I had no issues at all buying another couple boxes of .450 Bushmaster. 4 varieties still in stock. Yet I can't find another box of 9mm defense ammo in town. (Sold out).

If you are out of defensive 9mm, just use FMJ. If you have a .45, and only ball for it, that's likely more effective than 9mm ball.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, you kooks are making life tough for me. I tried to re order 9MM ammo for my folks here and the price has tripled.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Yeah, you kooks are making life tough for me. I tried to re order 9MM ammo for my folks here and the price has tripled.

I disagree, Jorge.

The kooks didn't need to order a single box of ammo. grin

It's the dumbasses that are the root cause. The ones that don't keep enough ammo on hand.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
jdunham Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I don’t “need” anything. I usually just replace what I use in my inventory of supplies. If for some reason I can’t find it I just start going into what I have as normal inventory. I just don’t like to get too low on anything to the point I do “need” something to keep shooting. I have enough to shoot most anything through a pretty significant drought. Looking online now it looks like we definitely in the beginning of another hoarding season.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I disagree, Jorge.

The kooks didn't need to order a single box of ammo. grin

It's the dumbasses that are the root cause. The ones that don't keep enough ammo on hand.

Touche'

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Touche'

smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
649 members (1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 70 invisible), 2,923 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,661
Posts18,399,311
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.