Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just picked up three "logs" of Copenhagen for a friend that did not want to brave Costco.

Just under a C-note for the chew... and $30 in tax?!?!

Made me realize how happy I am not chewing... but that seems like a serious screwing for a sin tax.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Thanks Sister Sarah!
I don't know how anyone can consider that woman a conservative.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Just picked up three "logs" of Copenhagen for a friend that did not want to brave Costco.

Made me realize how happy I am not chewing... but that seems like a serious screwing for a sin tax.

Is your friend underage? Wow ! New low for you!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LoadClear
Thanks Sister Sarah!
I don't know how anyone can consider that woman a conservative.

Her gas tax was worse, but that is because the tobacco tax does not cost me anything...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know about chew but for smokes it's $1.33 for a pack of 20 here in Oregon. Near every time the state needs money, they pile on a bit more. Mostly taxing folks that can least afford it.

1Minute
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Tobacco tax is going to be the least of our AK tax worries in the coming years.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Tobacco tax is going to be the least of our AK tax worries in the coming years.

Isn't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The Permanent Fund is on a melting permafrost foundation at this time.

I had no idea tobacco taxes were that high, What does liquor tax look like?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VernAK

I had no idea tobacco taxes were that high, What does liquor tax look like?

It will make your eyes recross...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Was curious so I looked up Alcohol taxes...

https://www.salestaxhandbook.com/alaska/alcohol

Alaska Liquor, Wine, and Beer Taxes
In addition to (or instead of) traditional sales taxes, alcoholic beverages like wine, beer, and liquor are subject to excise taxes on both the Alaska and Federal levels. Excise taxes on alcohol are implemented by every state, as are excises on cigarettes and motor fuels like gasoline.

Excise taxes are applied on a per-unit basis, generally per gallon for liquids, and unlike sales taxes are collected from the merchant who sells the alcohol rather than the end consumer. However, in almost all cases, excise taxes are passed on directly to the consumer in the form of raised alcohol prices.

Other Alaska Excise Taxes: Alcohol Tobacco Fuel
Alaska Alcohol Sales Taxes 2020Current Alaska Alcohol Excise Tax Rates
Alaska has some of the highest state taxes on alcohol in the United States
The primary excise taxes on alcohol in Alaska are on wine, beer, and liquor (which includes most types of hard alcohol).

Alaska Wine sales tax rate
Ranked 1st
highest
Alaska Wine Tax - $2.50 / gallon
✕ Alaska's general sales tax of <span class='text-muted'>N/A</span> does not apply to the purchase of wine.

In Alaska, wine vendors are responsible for paying a state excise tax of $2.50 per gallon, plus Federal excise taxes, for all wine sold.

Alaska Beer sales tax rate
Ranked 2nd
highest
Alaska Beer Tax - $1.07 / gallon
✕ Alaska's general sales tax of <span class='text-muted'>N/A</span> does not apply to the purchase of beer.

In Alaska, beer vendors are responsible for paying a state excise tax of $1.07 per gallon, plus Federal excise taxes, for all beer sold.

Alaska Liquor sales tax rate
Ranked 2nd
highest
Alaska Liquor Tax - $12.80 / gallon
✕ Alaska's general sales tax of <span class='text-muted'>N/A</span> does not apply to the purchase of liquor.

In Alaska, liquor vendors are responsible for paying a state excise tax of $12.80 per gallon, plus Federal excise taxes, for all liquor sold.

Additional Taxes: Under 21% – $2.50/gallon

Federal Alcohol Sales Taxes 2020Federal Alcohol Excise Taxes
The price of all alcohol sold in Alaska also includes Federal alcohol excise taxes, which are collected from the brewer / distiller by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau and generally passed on to the consumer in the beverage's price. Some tax discounts are available to small brewers. Federal excise tax rates on beer, wine, and liquor are as follows:

Beer $18.00 per 31-gallon barrel, or $0.05 per 12-oz can
Wine $1.07 - $3.40 per gallon, or $0.21 - $0.67 per 750ml bottle, depending on alcohol content
Distilled Spirits $13.50 per proof-gallon†, or $2.14 per 750ml 80-proof bottle
† A proof gallon is a gallon of liquid that is 100 proof, or 50% alcohol. The tax is adjusted, depending on the percentage of alcohol of the product.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That (alcohol tax) was Liiisa’s go-to for revenue when she was in the state house.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
They should double the alcohol tax.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
That (alcohol tax) was Liiisa’s go-to for revenue when she was in the state house.

Yup...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I find it funny as hell that any one would risk their ass for any one for any thing that is booze or tobacco related stuff, crazy [bleep]. On the other hand, I can see my self doing that for a friend, what is wrong with me? I'm a dumb ass.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
I find it funny as hell that any one would risk their ass for any one for any thing that is booze or tobacco related stuff, crazy [bleep]. On the other hand, I can see my self doing that for a friend, what is wrong with me? I'm a dumb ass.

I was in Costco anyway and it kept my buddy from going for just one item.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was curious so I looked up Alcohol taxes...

https://www.salestaxhandbook.com/alaska/alcohol

Alaska Liquor, Wine, and Beer Taxes
In addition to (or instead of) traditional sales taxes, alcoholic beverages like wine, beer, and liquor are subject to excise taxes on both the Alaska and Federal levels. Excise taxes on alcohol are implemented by every state, as are excises on cigarettes and motor fuels like gasoline.

Excise taxes are applied on a per-unit basis, generally per gallon for liquids, and unlike sales taxes are collected from the merchant who sells the alcohol rather than the end consumer. However, in almost all cases, excise taxes are passed on directly to the consumer in the form of raised alcohol prices.

Other Alaska Excise Taxes: Alcohol Tobacco Fuel
Alaska Alcohol Sales Taxes 2020Current Alaska Alcohol Excise Tax Rates
Alaska has some of the highest state taxes on alcohol in the United States
The primary excise taxes on alcohol in Alaska are on wine, beer, and liquor (which includes most types of hard alcohol).

Alaska Wine sales tax rate
Ranked 1st
highest
Alaska Wine Tax - $2.50 / gallon
✕ Alaska's general sales tax of <span class='text-muted'>N/A</span> does not apply to the purchase of wine.

In Alaska, wine vendors are responsible for paying a state excise tax of $2.50 per gallon, plus Federal excise taxes, for all wine sold.

Alaska Beer sales tax rate
Ranked 2nd
highest
Alaska Beer Tax - $1.07 / gallon
✕ Alaska's general sales tax of <span class='text-muted'>N/A</span> does not apply to the purchase of beer.

In Alaska, beer vendors are responsible for paying a state excise tax of $1.07 per gallon, plus Federal excise taxes, for all beer sold.

Alaska Liquor sales tax rate
Ranked 2nd
highest
Alaska Liquor Tax - $12.80 / gallon
✕ Alaska's general sales tax of <span class='text-muted'>N/A</span> does not apply to the purchase of liquor.

In Alaska, liquor vendors are responsible for paying a state excise tax of $12.80 per gallon, plus Federal excise taxes, for all liquor sold.

Additional Taxes: Under 21% – $2.50/gallon

Federal Alcohol Sales Taxes 2020Federal Alcohol Excise Taxes
The price of all alcohol sold in Alaska also includes Federal alcohol excise taxes, which are collected from the brewer / distiller by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau and generally passed on to the consumer in the beverage's price. Some tax discounts are available to small brewers. Federal excise tax rates on beer, wine, and liquor are as follows:

Beer $18.00 per 31-gallon barrel, or $0.05 per 12-oz can
Wine $1.07 - $3.40 per gallon, or $0.21 - $0.67 per 750ml bottle, depending on alcohol content
Distilled Spirits $13.50 per proof-gallon†, or $2.14 per 750ml 80-proof bottle
† A proof gallon is a gallon of liquid that is 100 proof, or 50% alcohol. The tax is adjusted, depending on the percentage of alcohol of the product.

That's why we vote no on Prop 13.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

i use to pay 35 cents a can for it when i dipped.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We pay $138.85 for a log of Cope, 5 cans!

A stranger is a friend we haven't met.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barryt
We pay $138.85 for a log of Cope, 5 cans!

I had heard you were high, but that is crazy!

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by VernAK

WWHD?

what would hammond do

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 51 invisible), 2,216 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,831
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.