Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
America ain’t Italy folks! It’s aging population of heavy smokers and drinkers have skewed their numbers dramatically.
Plus I’m betting they don’t have the personal hygiene/ hand washing habits that Most Americans do !!!

Is that a prayer? Or just wishful thinking?

I have not heard of any one of us volunteering to move to Snohomish Wa to sanitize hospital lobbies.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
America ain’t Italy folks! It’s aging population of heavy smokers and drinkers have skewed their numbers dramatically.
Plus I’m betting they don’t have the personal hygiene/ hand washing habits that Most Americans do !!!

I would not take that bet.

For what ever reason...if you are the kind of person that would schit at a grocery store or WalMart....you seem to be the kind of person who will not wash their hands afterwards.

Italy is a Filthy Country! Check out how their sewage system works.
Sorry Jimbo, nothing like America. It’s pretty damn close to a third world schitt hole.

And while I’ll admit America has some schitty places like the inner cities, it’s nothing like Italy. Apples & Oranges.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I traveled all over Italy for three weeks last May. I don’t recognize the Italy that is described in many of these posts. It is a country in modern Europe.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I have not heard of any one of us volunteering to move to Snohomish Wa to sanitize hospital lobbies.

Has nothing to do with volunteering in Washington St.
or NYC, or LA. Just truth.
Italy has an aging population of heavy smokers and drinkers. Those folks are gonna be more vulnerable and get the virus and die from complications. Just the way it is. Nothing more, nothing less. And the fact that old world countries don’t practice the personal hygiene that most Americans do.

And the fact that rural Americans aren’t packed together like sardines like folks in Italy in huge apartment type nursing homes they call “retirement” centers. And poor National Health Care is another huge factor.
Do you think that Italian Doctors are as qualified health care professionals as American Doctors? I’m betting not.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Okay....so the turds go straight into the ocean..........

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Remember, unlike seasonal influenza, there is no significant immunity to this novel coronavirus. Every one that is exposed to enough of a viral load will contract the disease. Symptoms of course will vary greatly.

Now, since the pool of those susceptible to this virus = every human on the planet, why not go for extra credit. How long does it take to go from 335,157 cases worldwide to the entire population of the planet?
That is about the most hysterical crap I've ever read. And it's BS.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Italy has almost 6x the population density of the USA, in addition to having a much older population (2nd oldest in the World) and higher percentage of smokers.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/countries-by-density/

We will NEVER be Italy!

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Italy has almost 6x the population density of the USA, in addition to having a much older population (2nd oldest in the World) and higher percentage of smokers.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/countries-by-density/

We will NEVER be Italy!

PREZACTLY!!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We will NEVER be Italy!

The Italians killed Jesus.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by watch4bear
We will NEVER be Italy!

And Fredo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Italy has an aging population of heavy smokers and drinkers. Those folks are gonna be more vulnerable and get the virus and die from complications. Just the way it is. Nothing more, nothing less. And the fact that old world countries don’t practice the personal hygiene that most Americans do.

And the fact that rural Americans aren’t packed together like sardines like folks in Italy in huge apartment type nursing homes they call “retirement” centers. And poor National Health Care is another huge factor.
Do you think that Italian Doctors are as qualified health care professionals as American Doctors? I’m betting not.

I lived in Italy for a while. In the afternoon the Senior towers would empty out for free wine, cigars and bocci ball. It would fill the entire park by the river. I would estimate +10k in the complex. The senior centers lined the river all the way to the city centre, 7 - 8 miles of towers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[s][/s]
Originally Posted by MM879

I lived in Italy for a while. In the afternoon the Senior towers would empty out for free wine, cigars and bocci ball. It would fill the entire park by the river. I would estimate +10k in the complex. The senior centers lined the river all the way to the city centre, 7 - 8 miles of towers.

Yep. NOTHING LIKE AMERICA.

But you can’t convince some of the knotheads here of that.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/22/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Trivia for the day:

There were no legions stationed at Judea province.
Pilate as praefecture of Judea only commanded
Six auxiliary cohorts recruited from non Romans
like the Samaritans.

one had to be a Roman citizen to be part of a legion,
(Auxilia only being attached to legions)
and the legions at the time were in Syria and
under the higher command of someone else.
Pilate came under the oversight of the governor
of Syria, who could decide to bring the legions
in if required.

the auxilia cohorts were based in Jerusalem, the
Antonia fortress, the old Palace and at Caesarea.
[Caesarea being Pilates primary residence]

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
UK Virus ALERT

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to the recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, the level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”

The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbor” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
UK Virus ALERT

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to the recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, the level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”

The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbor” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

LMAO !!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Lol Kyhill.

Italy is not the US, but the average US citizen is in worse shape than his/her Euro counterpart. Lots of these obese folks with heart conditions won't make it through the virus, IMO

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Remember, unlike seasonal influenza, there is no significant immunity to this novel coronavirus. Every one that is exposed to enough of a viral load will contract the disease. Symptoms of course will vary greatly.

Now, since the pool of those susceptible to this virus = every human on the planet, why not go for extra credit. How long does it take to go from 335,157 cases worldwide to the entire population of the planet?

That is about the most hysterical crap I've ever read. And it's BS.

Sorry that facts get you hysterical.

SARS-CoV-2 is a novel virus. The definition of a novel virus is one that is previously unknown or unseen virus, for which there is very little immunity. Without immunity to a virus, if you're exposed to enough of it, well it's going to start reproducing within your body. Bingo - you've got SARS, or MERS, or H1N1, or the seasonal cold...

Just the facts, Jack.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
[s][/s]
Originally Posted by MM879

Yep. NOTHING LIKE AMERICA.

But you can’t convince some of the knotheads here of that.
Yea, I know. The standard fair was 3/4 of a bottle of the best wine imaginable and plate of dry salami for a ~$1.75. The dry meats were to die for, literally.

Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

278 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 36 invisible), 2,817 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,625
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.