C
The hits keep coming.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ed_T

Pretty sure I sent back a backpack and did not request my vehicle registration be refunded.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Here's another data point. We had tickets to a concert last night and it was cancelled. Got an email from AEG, one of the largest promoters in the country with a very sophisticated and totally automated ticketing system.

Thirty business days for a refund.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Heads up to anyone buying their gear. Their returns are well less than desirable. They have received the pack I sent back five days ago. No refund and no confirmation they even received it. So I called today. Returns take 10 days to process! Funny they can process your payment instantly but refunding takes 10 days.

I can't say anything negative about their products. The pack just did not fit me. But come on 10 days to process a return really?

I occasionally have to give refunds via credit card. I can do it immediately on my end but on the card's end it oftentimes takes a bit, like a week or more. How is this my fault?

Maybe your bitch is misdirected?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Heads up to anyone buying their gear. Their returns are well less than desirable. They have received the pack I sent back five days ago. No refund and no confirmation they even received it. So I called today. Returns take 10 days to process! Funny they can process your payment instantly but refunding takes 10 days.

I can't say anything negative about their products. The pack just did not fit me. But come on 10 days to process a return really?

I occasionally have to give refunds via credit card. I can do it immediately on my end but on the card's end it oftentimes takes a bit, like a week or more. How is this my fault?

Maybe your bitch is misdirected?

Wife and I run a small business, and we try to do refunds when we have to quickly. However, with a small company, we both do a lot of jobs, so depending on what fires we are putting out, it may take a day or so to get to a refund, after we receive the product back and determine, as Kevin said, that someone isn't trying to pull a fast one. Add on to it that the refund goes through 2 steps before it gets to the buyers bank can add to a few days each step. It often only takes a day or so for us to process the refund, but we have a 15 day policy for refunds, just to cover our ass with all the possibility of delays along the way.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Evan and Scott do a great job and are straight up guys. If there is any issue they'll do their best to fix it.

All one needs to do is go to the HPG website and look at their exchange/return policy.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/Warranty-Return-Policy

"RETURNS / EXCHANGES
If you get one of our products from us and it just won't fit the bill, we'll refund the entire purchase price within 60 days of purchase as long as the product is in original new condition. All you need to do is send it back to us with the form below filled out and we'll handle it. Please allow 5-7 business days for us to process your return once we've received the package. If you elect to exchange, you'll be charged $12 for shipping on the new item."

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Kevin_T
Let me add a bit of a small medium business perspective .. not sure what we classify as but we have 30 some employees. In our case, our return policy may be worse, I will have to check but I think we have 30 days. That being said, we try to be expeditious .. however that being said sometimes it gets more convoluted, maybe it requires some internal communication, or a documentation of why . I know sometimes with us , not specifically returns, but sometimes just in general things can get hung up in the process and internal communication. Also, I know all businesses are different, but we really try to over deliver and frankly set expectations low and then over deliver on them. However, everyone is different.

thanks for input

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
10 day refund seems reasonable, and the norm.

Last edited by WDH; 03/22/20.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,840 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,524
Posts18,452,784
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.