Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Yeah, sounds kind of cruel, but I tend to agree with you. In the long term that may be the best approach, but, like you said, we'll find out later what was the best approach.

It seems like we have put the "brakes on" so hard down here that we're actually getting no where useful, and possibly opening ourselves up for long term pain - no herd immunity and hanging out for a effective vaccine or treatment that may possibly never eventuate. Social impairment, market shutdown, financial collapse etc death by long term quarantine. COVID-19 looks to be around for a while.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 04/07/20.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
GB1

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It sounds harsh, but there is a bit of argument from emotion involved. Naturally nobody wants their grandparents to die, but there must be a balance between preserving the economic system from near collapse and preventing too many deaths in an initial spike. I mean, we do accept road deaths, industry, etc.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Reported world wide infection rate 0.026% of total population

Reported world COVID-19 death rate 0.0016% of total population.

Without quarantine would it have been 10 times worse? Still small percentages.

Is the infection rate 10 times higher than reported? Still small percentages.

Without herd immunity how many more re-infections are we going to have, how many more shutdowns, where will the stimulus money come from?

I thought we were slamming the brakes on too hard here in Australia but maybe it's a world wide error, although the countries worst hit now will probably get back to normal quicker. Quarantine at a country border level until a vaccine is developed (if ever) - sounds like long term hiatus of the tourism industry.

We were told that the quarantine was to slow the spread of the virus so the health care facilities wouldn't be overwhelmed but it's now morphed into trying to stop the virus completely. Can't really blame anyone I suppose, no one has gone through this event this way before - experts can only be guided from previous events.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 04/14/20.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,549
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.