Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Perhaps I am ignorant, but my sense of it is that Wayne LaPierre is a fuggin’ prick that is killing the NRA. I despise the man.

Others’ MMV.

You and I are in complete agreement.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
If the board got rid of LaPierre would that be enough to save the NRA?

It's a start.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
WLP is the biggest turd clogging up the plumbing, but the board needs to be flushed along with him. Unfortunately, they follow the demo-crap model of rigging elections to stay in power. GOA is a much better organization to support. NRA has become an integral part of the Washington DC good ole boys' club, and should be included in the swamp-draining efforts!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
There's a saying in the upper echelons of the us army, "generals make generals " and "generals protect generals ". This is also true at the nra. The bod at the nra has protected him thus far and doesn't appear willing to change the status quo. I guess we'll see as the money problems worsen.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The ONLY correspondence I get from NRA is that begging for money - and more money! Wayne has convinced me to forego membership.

Mike Holmes

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m pretty sure that at this point the NRA exists primarily to support WLP’s lavish lifestyle. He’s not going anywhere anytime soon, unless we make him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let me see if I’ve got this right. The main stream media is telling us all about the NRA. They are telling us all about Trump. Why should we believe one and not the other. Curious. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am a Patron level Life Member.

However...the NRA will never see another dime of my money as long as WLP holds any position within the organization, Also, his replacement had better make much less than him.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I was hoping when I hung up on the queer-sounding third party solicitor yesterday (for the NRA) that it would have no consequences. Oh well.....

The suits at NRA will have to settle for street walkers vs the higher end call girls for a while. A smart manager knows how and where to make budget cuts in lean times.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The NRA needs to die. Then maybe all that money the clueless folks send the NRA can go to other organizations that are actually interested in defending gun rights. It has always boggled my mind why, after their treasonous behavior relative to gems like the 1968 GCA, folks still whine about how they are the most effective organization, so what choice do we have. They are marginally effective, occasionally, because of a massive amount of cash. Other groups could be as, dare I say more, effective with that cash. The NRA is what it is because of the support of its members. Members, behold your creation.

You know what would be really effective at defending gun rights? A wannabe tyrant gets a brick to the head for trying it. Every time. They call us dangerous people. You can tell they know they are lying because they keep doing things to piss us off. If we were dangerous people, and we should be, they would be wringing their hands and whining to their base about how they wish they could do something, but they can’t. Because they would know that signing on to a bill that is treasonous in nature would get them a one-on-one episode with a patriot, and their games would all be over.

Instead, we let pale men in suits take our money, live the high life, and sell us down the river. Because we apparently have lost the sand needed to maintain our rights for ourselves. But, what the hell. We can still bitch, I guess.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,243
Posts18,466,884
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.