Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I see the Leupold VX-Freedom scopes in the classifieds for around $150, I have a couple of them and the glass is as good or perhaps better, than my VX-2's. Admittedly I do not care for the looks of the angular adjustment housing but I don't see it when I am looking through the scope. I have had one on a 10/22 for a couple of years and have put a few 1000 rounds through it with no issues.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
SockPuppet: which scopes are you referring to?

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'd just call Doug. Failing that, I'd probably go with a Burris or Leupold, maybe even a Vortex if I could find a Diamondback on sale.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
We ran a sale last week on the Burris Droptine 4.5-14x42mm - G2B Mil-Dot & Burris Droptine 3x-9x50mm - Ballistic Plex for $149.99 for either one. These are great scopes and at $149.99 are hard to find better.

If you call in we will still honor these prices for the members here

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
SockPuppet: which scopes are you referring to?

https://www.eurooptic.com/Nikon-M-TACTICAL-Riflescope-3-12X42SF-Matte-MK1-MRAD-16520.aspx

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
I'd just call Doug. Failing that, I'd probably go with a Burris or Leupold, maybe even a Vortex if I could find a Diamondback on sale.

I was going to say, for well under $150, a refurb Vortex Diamondback from aaoptics.com would be my choice.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The simple answer, as above, call Doug.....

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy

Always by the phone smile

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Thank you for your response/input.

Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Mike, I have two of those. Both on 6.5 Creedmoors. One in Warne vertical rings on a rail, one in Talleys. I put them on rifles that my daughters will use for practicing longer range shooting. They were extremely easy to sight in since the adjustments were correct. I have not dialed either yet. The glass is better than expected, the weight is reasonable at 20.5 oz. and the build quality is good. I like that the turrets reset to zero. The focus and SF both work well. 6.5mm holes are easy to see on paper at 100 yards at 10+X. I find the eyebox to be pretty friendly up to about 10X, after that it's tight and takes a little getting used to. I haven't used them in low light yet. Without knowing the reliability I can't say they are wonderful, but impressions are good so far and they are worth $200 if they meet your needs.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I spent $100 on a Leupold M8 6x36 16 years ago. It’s still on the rifle. And it’s being killing stuff graveyard dead from archery range to 400 yards. Every year multiple animals.

Lots of time on a horse, decent amount on atvs. I’ve never touched the adjustments.

I’m sure something is actually wrong with it, but I’m still blissfully ignorant.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ralphie
I spent $100 on a Leupold M8 6x36 16 years ago. It’s still on the rifle. And it’s being killing stuff graveyard dead from archery range to 400 yards. Every year multiple animals.

Lots of time on a horse, decent amount on atvs. I’ve never touched the adjustments.

I’m sure something is actually wrong with it, but I’m still blissfully ignorant.

What rings are on there?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Custom rings by D’Arcy Echols.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I have a VX-1 2-7x33 on a Ruger m77 25-06, let me count. 17 years now. No clue how many whitetail it has taken or how many miles it has rode in my pickup and atv. Great scope, the gloss is about worn off the turret caps.

God, Family, and Guns. Be strong in your beliefs and work hard.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Its pretty amazing actually.

I called you a couple weeks ago because I had some issues with ordering online.
I was expecting to get a voicemail or another employee and have to explain about online forum, deal, blah blah... You had just posted on 24HCf, answered the phone, took my order, shipped it... and were back to answering quetions online in a flash. Who are you?!

I actually think there are about 35 or 40 Dougs over there.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

I was expecting to get a voicemail or another employee and have to explain about online forum, deal, blah blah... You had just posted on 24HCf, answered the phone, took my order, shipped it... and were back to answering quetions online in a flash. Who are you?!

I don't think there is anybody better, especially if you are on a budget. Last 2 I bought were from Doug. One was a kinda pricey, pretty hard to find, 4x32 Meopta; the other was a solid inexpensive 4x32 Hawke for a back up scope. Both work exactly as expected, and you will get the same excellent service whether you are spending $70 or $450. Just a great guy to deal with.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
FWIW, we sell a ton of Hawke scopes. Many guys are unfamiliar with them, however, those that buy them love them and agree they are a lot of scope for the money and usual wind up buying more

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

I've said this many times, and will be saying it for many years.....

"We are a family owned and operated business since 1957. Pop always taught us that the only difference between us and the other guy, is us. Product makes nobody special. It's all about customer service and product knowledge"

Pop is gone now but we try to do as he always did. Nothing makes me smile more when a child, or grandchild, of one of Pop's customers calls and references Pop and how their family has been buying from Camera Land for decades.

During these next few days/weeks of adjustment my brother Joel and I will be processing and shipping all web orders and answering calls, so please reach out to discuss or buy product. We are here for you and will be cutting deals for you.

Stay Safe, healthy and smart

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jevyod
Thanks for all the replies guys. I really got some good advice, and suggestions within my price range which frankly surprised me!

Did you make a decision?

Retired cat herder.

J
Jevyod Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by Jevyod
Thanks for all the replies guys. I really got some good advice, and suggestions within my price range which frankly surprised me!

Did you make a decision?

Yes. Posted it on March 1 I believe! Cant find post number but about a page back I posted. I went with the Athlon

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Ralphie

That's never gonna survive the recoil of something like a 300WinMag though! wink

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,931 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,355
Posts18,468,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.