Print Thread
Hop To
I
IA_fog Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Looking for a nice 2002-2013 Lund 16 ft with side console not wanting to spend a ton anyone looking to upgrade that is near me?

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
GB2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Craigslist is usually full of boats in a month or two. What you are looking for probably is higher end than the old discontinued Lund S-16, but those are the industry standard for a lot of the Canadian fishing camps. Don't discount those even older Lunds as being inferior because actually they were made from much stronger virgin aluminum instead of recycled aluminum like the newer ones. My fish camp guy buys every old S-16 that he can find in the Midwest because he doesn't need to patch them so often.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
I
IA_fog Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
I understand and would go an older one but the ones I have seen the carpet all rough, needs replaced, and I know about the s-16 good boa just want something a little more comfortable

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hear you there. I bought an S14 back in the 70's and with that flat bottom it was enough to un-focus your eyeballs in any kind of a chop. Tough boat though. I dropped mine on the highway and just shined up the skegs a little when it got to the end of the rope. Never forgot to tie it down after that episode.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I bet that McGinty guy has one!

Seriously I have thought of this many times and haven't yet pulled the trigger. I have often thought that getting 25-30 Benjamins in my wallet and driving through Minnesota for a weekend would solve the problem pretty quickly. These things are often parked by the side of the road there with a sign on them and the times I saw something I liked I didn't have time to piss around or the right vehicle to get it bought and home.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Minnesota is full of Lund boats. I use to drive my buddy's charter boat on Lake Michigan during the summer weekends and often as not we would run out 15-20 miles for the Skamania rainbows. Sure enough come hell or high water and often enough it was high water, those Minnesota guys with the 16' Mr. Pike Lunds would be right out there with us. It's a wonder that we didn't drown more than we did.

My other auto is a .45

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I moved to Minnesota over 30 years ago and it was readily obvious that Lund was the king of the market up here. It seemed like everything was a red Lund. My first Lund lasted me over 25 years, and I'd still have it, but a heart condition has left me with some balance issues and I was having a hard time climbing around the bench seats. I just bought my second Lund, a 16 foot Pro Angler. Darned good boats.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Thought ya’ll would like to see a LUND picture. Here is my 16 ft Lund Rebel. Purchased new in 1997. Also new 97 Yamaha 2 stroke LS 25hp electric start. Boat is like new. Also new 97 Shorelander galvanized trailer with 13” tires, bearing buddies and spare tire. Less than 50 hours on boat & motor. Kept inside my air conditioned basement never outside. Used only in freshwater on our nearby lake here in N. GA but haven’t been in quite a while. I need to get it out more often. I try to get up to WI UP MI every year for musky & walleye but have never trailered the LUND. I usually use the resort boat and take my 15 Yamaha portable OB. It’s kind of funny launching and running a LUND boat here in GA. You see some down here but not many. I guess one of these days I will sell it. Whoever gets it will get a like new older 16’ LUND Rebel. That 2 stroke Yamaha 25 gets the boat up on plane and fast enough for me although boat is rated for 45hp.

Attached Images
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very nice boat, GAGoober! If you're serious about selling it, the used boat market is crazy-hot right now and boats seem to be selling way above normal values.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
There are a lot of Lund skiffs up in Alaska, tough boats. We carried them for work boats on the tugs I ran up north. I have a 18' Alaskan that I used chasing Redfish and Speckled Trout this May and June in South Texas. Not a pricey bay boat with 250 HP but I caught a lot of fish out of it. I have a 50 HP Tohatsu tiller on it, does 33mph with two people and gear.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Very nice boat, GAGoober! If you're serious about selling it, the used boat market is crazy-hot right now and boats seem to be selling way above normal values.

Thanks. Didn’t know the market is hot right now. Will probably hang onto it for a little longer. There is something special about a lund boat

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Pictures are on the marginal side. Need to get it out of the garage and outside for some better pictures

WFR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GAGoober

Pictures are on the marginal side. Need to get it out of the garage and outside for some better pictures

If you do decide to sell, I'm one state over!
Keep m in mind.
WFR

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't worry about refurbishing the interior of one that has a good hull. I've done a few and it's not hard. Lots of good info here www.tinboats.net

I'll be redoing my 99 Fisher this winter to upgrade it to how I want. It's a lot of fun to do and the kids enjoy helping out too.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Too bad you are so far away, I would ask you to take a look at mine, a 2006 Lund 1800 Fisherman, in excellent condition. It is at the service place today getting ready for winter, with oil and filter change, gear oil change, etc.
Wife and I are getting to an age where we are beginning to divest ourselves of a lot of assets that we just are not using as much anymore.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bighorn , that still is one of the finest looking outfits I ve ever seen. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
PM me the details Bighorn, if you would please.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
PM sent, and for all looking, the boat is SOLD! Took it in for service on Friday, owner of the service facility took one look at it, asked me what I would take for it, and I gave him a number. He then said, "I'll take it"!
Funds to be exchanged today.
Guess it pays to take care of stuff, when the day comes you want or need to sell it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That boat is nice Bighorn and set up well. Is that a swim platform on the right side of the stern?

My other auto is a .45

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yes, it is.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
688 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,776 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,632
Posts18,398,846
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.