Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Buck720
I guess as much as one chooses. My statement was only to let people know “I” personally wouldn’t be advertising what I have stashed on a public forum because you never know who is lurking and watching any posts at anytime. I personally don’t want the government to have any cause to raid my house for a photo I posted of what I own.
I don’t know who you are you don’t know who I am neither does most people on here. You might be the best person in the world and I would never judge someone for what they have to each there own. Even though I do know a few people on here there are lurkers that watch all of the time. Just trying to help people watch out for themselves. Just always remember because someone says who they are or what they do for a living on any website doesn’t mean that’s who they truly are.

Has anyone said they were doing anything criminal here? I must have missed that. Short of that, why wouldn't folks on a gun forum be free to talk about gun and shooting related topics without fear of the man?

No one is doing anything criminal I made a statement the other day and I think it was taking personal my apologies.

GB1

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Couple of weeks ago, 9mm was under $9 a box.

If you are in a tizzy looking for ammo now, where the heck have you been the last 5 years?

Quite a difference between panic buying/hoarding and thoughtful planning....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by WAM

If you are in a tizzy looking for ammo now, where the heck have you been the last 5 years?

Yep. I had about 2,500 rounds of range 9mm (along with several hundred rounds of carry 9mm) before the panic buying (and price gouging) started. For someone who shoots several hundred rounds of 9mm a week, that's not as much as it sounds, but now that the price gouging and shortages have begun, I guess I won't be shooting at nearly the same rate as I'm accustomed for a while. Been thinking of getting back into my cap and ball revolvers. Lead ball hasn't increased in price or lowered in availability, and I'm stocked up for life on black powder and caps.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ammo is like toilet paper. If I’m alive tomorrow, I’m going to need it. Foolish to run short. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I guess as much as one chooses. My statement was only to let people know “I” personally wouldn’t be advertising what I have stashed on a public forum because you never know who is lurking and watching any posts at anytime. I personally don’t want the government to have any cause to raid my house for a photo I posted of what I own.
I don’t know who you are you don’t know who I am neither does most people on here. You might be the best person in the world and I would never judge someone for what they have to each there own. Even though I do know a few people on here there are lurkers that watch all of the time. Just trying to help people watch out for themselves. Just always remember because someone says who they are or what they do for a living on any website doesn’t mean that’s who they truly are.

How do you join in February and already “know a few people on here”? Personally know? Or ones and zeroes acquaintances?

What was your old handle?

I’ve been here 7 years and only know one person, and already knew him before I joined.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
I have never ever heard of anyone throughout history anywhere that lost a battle by having too much ammo.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by slumlord

How do you join in February and already “know a few people on here”? Personally know? Or ones and zeroes acquaintances?

What was your old handle?

I’ve been here 7 years and only know one person, and already knew him before I joined.

Because that is how i found out about this site is through friends! Wasn’t shopping for one.

Last edited by Buck720; 03/24/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems we chit regularly and choot regularly

What we have might seem like a lot to some

Whereas it seems a lil short to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gotta quit feeding them so much fiber I guess

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nowdays i just take stock of what we have been using and load some up.

I try to stay ahead of being short.

So far the 25-45,556,40S&W and the 308 are done.

Did do some 38 spl before things went sideways.

Now it's just what i feel is needed.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RIO7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Rifle and Pistol ammo on the left Shotgun ammo on the right I stock up every spring for the next hunting season. Rio7

Son of a...
How long have you been doing this?

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

-Patrick Henry
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
There's no such thing as having to much ammo or to many guns. From the YouTube videos I've watched on killing terrorists I'm convinced that the government is going to win a gun battle with us. But I don't see a tribe of freeloaders and deadbeats fearing very well at the zoo.

Life is good live it while you can.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The threat of "govt raiding your house" because you have guns and ammo as allowed by God given rights, and confirmed by the U.S. Constitution is exactly why We The People do have it.

The comment that some have "mental issues" and need therapy for having guns and ammo is the dangerous part.

Don't try and twist what you said, into concern for our well being. That dog won't hunt.

Agreed.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
My problem is leftover odds and ends. Three rounds of this, 12 rounds of that other handload, 8 A-frame bullets from when I was working up loads, etc. Some weird brand gun oil that came with a gun I once bought, etc. I still have about 10 bottles of military gun oil from the 1960s. Since we're on "lockdown," I'm going to have go through my stuff and weed some out. If I haven't touched it for 20 years, it needs to go. A few years ago I ended up plinking through about 100 rounds of 30-06 just to get rid of it.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Most of us learned a few things after barack was elected

#1. Never, ever, ever trust a dhimocrat. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I never did a ammo hoard...I’ve always considered the possibility of ammo shortages when the political SHTF in the 90’s and decided ammo was just as important as bread, eggs, and milk.

Just bought a little every week over the years...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I have several hundred rounds of .410 #7 1/2 and have never owned a .410. Acquired incidently here and there

That's not hoarding. That's "I need a .410"!

Last edited by las; 03/24/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by las
I have several hundred rounds of .410 #7 1/2 and have never owned a .410. Acquired incidently here and there

That's not hoarding. That's "I need a .410"!

I have a few boxes of .300 Savage, and my savage rifle is chambered in .308 Winchester. Reason for this is that years ago I bought a used Savage 99 in .300 Savage, but it was non-functional, so I got a refund for it, but I never got to shoot the ammo I bought for it. I wanted another one in .300 Savage, but the nicest one I could find was in .308, so that's what I bought.

I also have tons of .22 caliber pellets, but no longer own a .22 caliber pellet rifle. I really need to get one so I can shoot them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When Walmart had Fed 550 Bulk Packs of 22lr for $16.97 I picked up 1/2 dz boxes as well as a few others over the past year or two. Did get a couple thousand primers and a couple pounds of powder as well as 5-600 bullets to reload. Should keep me going through the summer or maybe a couple years if I have to scrimp. Not exactly hoarding, more like reasonably well stocked.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My club has a wholesale acct with a distributor in Okieland.
No tax, no shipping and they deliver every other Thursday.

I'm well stocked on pretty much everything as far as ammo and components go.

Your mind is your primary weapon. Never let it get rusty.

Endowment Member NRA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by WAM

I stopped by my LGS to check on things. Didn't NEED anything but I bought ONE box of 40 SW.
I saw this for the First time and HAD to take a pic. Check out Floor Mat

laugh laugh

I checked on 'some' ammo and there was NO 9 mm.

NO problem for me as I HAVE BEEN stocked up.

There is an ADVANTAGE to having a 40 SW shocked smile

I bought 1 box of Aguila, 40 in 180 FMJ, $15.99 per 50.
I left ALL the rest for other folk.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1minute, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 222Sako, 54 invisible), 2,781 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,891
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.