Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
It seems Evers is joining the crowd:

MADISON, Wis. (WBAY) - Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers says he will be issuing an order that ceases "all non-essential business statewide" to help stop the spread of coronavirus.

In a tweet, the governor states he will issue a #SaferAtHome order Tuesday.

We have been working hard to ensure the health and safety of the people of our state as we have responded to COVID-19. We’ve taken important steps, but folks, time is of the essence. So today I’m announcing we'll be issuing a #SaferAtHome order tomorrow. Here’s what this means ⬇️

— Governor Tony Evers (@GovEvers) March 23, 2020
No specifics were given in the tweets, but the governor says more details will be released soon.

"Over the past few days, I’ve talked with public health experts and with business leaders and local elected officials around the state. Overwhelmingly the response I heard is that we need an all-hands-on-deck approach to stopping the spread of COVID-19 in Wisconsin," says Gov. Evers. "In fact, business leaders have suggested that it is imperative to slow the growth of the disease and that the state cease all non-essential business statewide."

Over the weekend, Wisconsin saw its largest one-day increase in cases. The state had 100 more confirmed cases from Saturday to Sunday.

There have been four deaths reported in Wisconsin.

CLICK HERE to track the outbreak in the state.

"People across our state are still out and about unnecessarily that are putting our friends, our neighbors, and our communities at risk. Please #StayHome and help us save lives," Gov. Evers tweeted. "We also need folks to limit their interactions to the same people, not different small groups. Shrinking your circle of interactions will help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Unfortunately that means no sleepovers, no play dates, and no dinner parties with friends and neighbors."

There will be additional details soon about what this order means for you, but I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to prepare and plan ahead so you can help do your part to keep our friends, neighbors, and communities safe.

"Workers providing essential care or services in our communities will be allowed to continue to travel to and from work. That includes folks like healthcare professionals, grocers, family caregivers, among other people whose work is critical for folks across our state," says Gov. Evers.

Action 2 News will updated this developing story. VISIT wbay.com/coronavirus for local, national and international coverage.

We’re all in this together, and each and every one of us has to do our part to help slow the spread of COVID-19 so we can #FlattenTheCurve to ensure our doctors, nurses, and healthcare workers have the opportunity to do their important work.

On Action 2 News This Morning, Prevea Health President and CEO Dr. Ashok Rai urged the governor to shut down the state.

"We need to shut the state down. Other states have done it and they'll tell you they did it too late. We have an opportunity to learn from New York. If you look at a picture of Manhattan in Times Square today it's empty. That should be the streets of Green Bay two weeks ago. A short term pain here will get us back to our normal lives sooner," says Dr. Rai.

The Wisconsin Department of Health Services says COVID-19 is spread via coughs and sneezes.

"This is similar to how influenza is spread. The virus is found in droplets from the throat and nose. When someone coughs or sneezes, other people near them can breathe in those droplets. The virus can also spread when someone touches an object with the virus on it. If that person touches their mouth, face, or eyes, the virus can make them sick," says DHS.

CLICK HERE for Wisconsin's guide to COVID-19.

Here's how you can prevent the spread (INFORMATION FROM DHS)

* Avoid close contact with people who are sick.

* Stay at home as much as possible. Cancel events and avoid groups, gatherings, play dates, and nonessential appointments.

* Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.

* Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.

* Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.

* Stay at least six feet away from other people.

* Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily (e.g., tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles).

CLICK HERE for a guide on how to properly disinfect your surfaces.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, Doug Ford just announced the same here in Ontario.

Waiting on the official list of essential businesses, will be available at lunch time tomorrow.

Those not on the list must close as of midnight Tuesday/Wednesday.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now the phkng cheese aisle will be empty. This has to end.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack

Hahaha

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

Cheese? Pffft

BEER. Must.....have.....beer.

If you think nobody's happy if Mom's not happy, wait 'til Dad runs out of beer.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
No safer at home for me. I'm in the paper industry so I've been labeled an essential employee. At least the roads will be empty...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaydub in wi
No safer at home for me. I'm in the paper industry so I've been labeled an essential employee. At least the roads will be empty...

Drove into GB on Sunday, 41 was dead.

I need to go to the dentist tomorrow- another ride into De Pere from Kewaunee. Suspect it will be dead. Wonder if a cop will stop me?

Its legit, cracked a tooth, massive pain since Sat but I don't feel like dorkin around with a county mountie on the side of the road.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal

I need to go to the dentist tomorrow- another ride into De Pere from Kewaunee. Suspect it will be dead. Wonder if a cop will stop me?

Its legit, cracked a tooth, massive pain since Sat but I don't feel like dorkin around with a county mountie on the side of the road.

Lucky you can go to the dentist.

Mine is shut down til April 24, open for emergencies only.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

We determined this was an emergency. 30% of my molar is now down the toilet.

Me

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
LMAO... That's very good...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, apparently, Automotive repair shops are essential !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What does that mean exactly for someone trying to get back home? I'm all for self isolating, but I'd darn sure rather be doing it in a cold state with decent medical care instead of a hot spot state that has people pouring in when they were told to isolate where they lived. The airport in Orlando lets in 190 flights a day out of New York where they have 20 times the number of Covid-19 cases more than we have here. Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky don't seem to have the restrictions that Illinois and Wisconsin do now.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Sounds like a whiskey and needle nose type operation.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

In our county and surrounding counties dry cleaners are essential businesses!

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yay ,no FIBs. grin

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

ouch

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Managed to save the tooth with some dremel and resin work.

As far as WI being closed, basically a declaration without change. Bars still closed everything else open and I had a bit of traffic in town.

GB may be different given all the transportation and paper work we do. Just about everyone is essential.

Me

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yep - no published list of any kind yet...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Redneck
Yep - no published list of any kind yet...

The list is out. Mostly stuff that was already closed.

Except now it’s illegal to go to my Dad’s house for supper.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Wish someone would tell the locals around here so they'd bring their cars in. It's like a ghost town in my shop, dealers and other indy's are all crying the blues. Local Porsche dealer normally turns 45-55 cars a day through their Service Dept. 14 cars in today, 11 of them for warranty work.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338Rules, 16penny, 338reddog, 15 invisible), 1,180 guests, and 835 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.