Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
If limited to one distilled spirit I'd pick gin 10 out of 10 times.

Best I've ever had was Tanqueray 10. .

T10 is damn good. Not as good as the Botanist, but it will definitely do. There are truly horrible but high-end gins out there that might well be Chanel #5 rebottled as a drink. They could gag a maggot.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Had my first G&T w/lime last summer. Tanqueray based. I liked it, a lot. Will try more when it warms up.

Host said he would liked to have served Bombay Sapphire but couldn't find it last minute. Better?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I like gin. but spiced Rum is my favorite drink.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Sipping a martini as I type. First try with Dover Strait and I am enjoying it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I buy Tanqueray most often but like Hendricks better. Not a big fan of Bombay.

Gin and tonics are good but usually I make martinis or vespers or gibsons or corpse revivers.

Summers this one by Hemingway is very good:

Green Issac’s Special

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fanofthefortyone;
Good evening to you sir and to the rest of the gin aficionados here.

With the confession that I'm not a gin fan by any stretch, but my son in law and his mother both appreciate fine gin.

They really like this stuff made 5 minutes south of here.

https://thedubhglasdistillery.com/

If any of you are heading up Highway 97 it's just on the left as you're heading through the tiny town of Gallagher Lake.

Anyway, all the best to you all. Stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Only time I drank gin regular was on our 4x per year cross border trip to Lomé Togo just across from Ghana. The purpose being to be paid in hard currency (CFA) rather than not-worth-the-paper-they-were-printed-on Ghanaian cedis.

There was a dive on the waterfront not far from the border, gin was the drink of choice, straight from the bottle. Holy crap did we get blitzed.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
If limited to one distilled spirit I'd pick gin 10 out of 10 times.

Best I've ever had was Tanqueray 10. .

T10 is damn good. Not as good as the Botanist, but it will definitely do. There are truly horrible but high-end gins out there that might well be Chanel #5 rebottled as a drink. They could gag a maggot.

Very true. I've been disappointed so many times. Looking to try something different, look at the price tag and figure it must be good to justify it. Fugg no. But that being said, cheap gin is worse than cheap vodka. I'd rather have the vodka.

MAGA
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If you're gonna drink gin, start of by having a few Colt 45's, smoke a blunt, and get the chitlins ready to cook.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Hendrick's gimlet. Summer in a glass.

Death's Door Gin has game too.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mirage243
If you're gonna drink gin, start of by having a few Colt 45's, smoke a blunt, and get the chitlins ready to cook.

Might want to educate yourself a bit on the history of the spirit before throwing aspersions.

MAGA
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Might want to educate yourself a bit on the history of the spirit before throwing aspersions.

I ain't got time for all that, I'm just telling you my experiences of those I know that drink it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm a gin and tonic guy (just finished one a few minutes ago). My sister tried to convince me Bombay Sapphire was better than Tanqueray, but I couldn't agree. According to her, I must like the taste of juniper/pine needles/paint thinner/turpentine, etc. grin Tanqueray is my go-to, but Hendricks is definitely a step up. FWIW, I did discover that when you run out of tonic, Fresca works well for a substitute.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I ain't got time for all that, I'm just telling you my experiences of those I know that drink it.

So you've nothing to add to an otherwise civil conversation. Got it.

ought to be one thread we can all play nice on. smile

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGray
I'm a gin and tonic guy (just finished one a few minutes ago). My sister tried to convince me Bombay Sapphire was better than Tanqueray, but I couldn't agree. According to her, I must like the taste of juniper/pine needles/paint thinner/turpentine, etc. grin Tanqueray is my go-to, but Hendricks is definitely a step up. FWIW, I did discover that when you run out of tonic, Fresca works well for a substitute.

Tonic is my preferred mixer. Club if necessary. Have done gatorade in a pinch, but if I don't have any Tonic water I'd rather just have it on the rocks. That's how I can personally tell if I like the gin or not. If I think it's good on it's own with a few ice cubes then tonic isn't going to cover anything up. I'll confess to a squirt of lemon juice to substitute a lime wedge sometimes.

MAGA
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Tanqueray martini extra dry, 2 anchovy stuffed olives . 2) of them on the rocks , and i`m good . Been 24 years since I had any alcohol to drink, but can still taste that one though wink

Yesterday was a history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.. that's why we call it "present"!!!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Beefeater IS gin.

I was weaned on beefeater soaked olives....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I love it. I drink Seagrams, the cheapo gin tastes great to me. I love 3 ounces of gin on the rocks, big twist of lime, and 2 ounces tonic water. mmmmmmgoood!

I'm with you. Seagram's is definitely one of the best of the lower priced gins. I've tried many others and I keep coming back to Seagrams.
I also really like their vodka. I'd trade a Tito's for a Seagram's any day.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Bombay Sapphire. A gin and tonic can hit the spot when it’s hot outside. The problem with it is.....it goes down so easily, it makes a second almost a given😀

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
A favorite gin photo from last summer at our place in north Idaho.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,885
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.