-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Star Tron, "Smurf piss" as my wife likes to call, mix it with a non ethanol gas.

http://www.starbrite.com/startron

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Why not just buy ethanol free? Its available here at select gas stations, but there is a small premium over E85.

As well, northerntool has some great steel fuel storage systems.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I`ve been using this stuff for over 20 years. Have a 300 gal tank fill it every other year with marine gas/PRI-G .
Not a problem with any of our gas engines, large and small .Try it you will agree .

https://www.batterystuff.com/fuel-treatments/PRIG32oz.html

Last edited by savatage; 03/24/20.

Yesterday was a history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.. that's why we call it "present"!!!
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks for all the advise guys. Think I'll store 60 gals of non-ethanol with PRI-G for 18 months as an experiment and see how it does.

Last edited by Tarquin; 03/24/20.

Tarquin
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Good choice . i began using it after getting my gas generator for when we had power outages.Soon after I started using the 300 gal`s of gas in my chainsaw , weed-whacker , snowblower ,20hp Honda outboard , wifes Subaru Outback , and even my Chevy pick-up . I`m either the luckiest man with his engines,zero issues ,, but my money is its this combo of marine grade fuel + PRI-G wink Good luck...

Yesterday was a history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift.. that's why we call it "present"!!!
IC B2

T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by savatage
I`ve been using this stuff for over 20 years. Have a 300 gal tank fill it every other year with marine gas/PRI-G .
Not a problem with any of our gas engines, large and small .Try it you will agree .

https://www.batterystuff.com/fuel-treatments/PRIG32oz.html

Savatage, are you pulling 300 gallons out of the big tank every year, or is most of it sitting for several years? Thanks.

Tarquin
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Tarquin , we try and use it within 18 months as you plan. Know worries for me and that plan. 20 years , wont change it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have had a Yamaha powered portable generator for 10-12 years that I wired to my house for occasional power outages. I use 87 octane gasoline with ethanol and keep the tank mostly full. With 1 exception, I've always used Sta-bil and have had absolutely no issues. The one time I had problems was when I tried Seafoam as a stabilizer. It corroded the pot metal petcock and caused a float issue in the carburetor bowl.

FWIW, any time I run my generator, I shut it off by closing the petcock and let.the engine run out of fuel rather than hitting the kill switch.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Tarquin,
Here in Northern Mi our gas prices go up in the winter, so we use the majority of it then, and the rest in our tools ect.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hard to find ethanol free gas around here, Diesel is also Bio.. Not the same as regular diesel. Rock and a hard spot. Rotate frequently is my only answer. That or Propane.

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Bruinruin , I used to run my engine with the gas-line off and let it stall as you state . Since using the PRI-G I never do that anymore, only exception is my Honda 20 4st outboard .Everything else 2-3 pulls and starts right up .Thats after sitting during the ( off ) season. I truly like the product. My .02

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
non ethanol fuel to start with.

Royal purple octane booster because our local non ethanol is low octane. I think it helps the gas live longer too personally.

Seafoam for extending life. Running 2 plus year old gas done that way in the in laws boat motor, Yamaha oil injected 90, and it runs pretty good. I suspect brand new fuel will be better but we run almost the same speed/rpms that I've seen it run with new fuel so there is that. The fuel didn't smell that pretty but it wasn't bad either.

Rotate and you would be good.

Straight up low octane non ethanol fuel lasts an easy 6-9 months here in the heat. Ethanol fuel is crap in about 3-4 months.

I pour startron in our personal gas also but I'm not sure it does that much extra over the seafoam. But we use it in the fire dept for years and it never caused harm anyway.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I converted my Miller engine drive to run on liquid withdrawal propane. It’s either that or diesel. What do you heat with?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Stabil naysayers are either FOS or simply haven’t used it themselves. It started as a simple experiment. I added 16oz of Marine formula Stabil to a full tank of fuel on my generator, and ran it through the carb. I always shut off the fuel cock and run the carb dry before storing. Every 6 months I would add about 6oz of Stabil, after running the generator for 5-20 minutes and then repeat draining the carb and storing.

Repeated this procedure just to see how long the fuel would last and run the generator under load without issues. This year is the 9th year and I’ve had to top off the tank once with about 3 gallons of fuel due to usage. Tank holds 7 gallons. Still starts on the 2nd pull, and will pull a load of 4500 watts without bogging or running rough. The fact that I have it stored in my basement which is temperature stable also helps, but Stabil absolutely works. This is regular pump gas BTW, not ethanol free.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I buy aviation gas at the local rinkydink airport here in town...for power equipment around the house...

left fuel in the fuel tank on one of my mowers for the last 6 months.... second pull on the pull start and it fired right up and ran like
I had just turned it off 5 minutes ago..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Here in the cold country, Stabil is used in all of the toys that sit thru the winter and the other way around for the snow machines in the summer. It works.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by badger
The Stabil naysayers are either FOS or simply haven’t used it themselves. It started as a simple experiment. I added 16oz of Marine formula Stabil to a full tank of fuel on my generator, and ran it through the carb. I always shut off the fuel cock and run the carb dry before storing. Every 6 months I would add about 6oz of Stabil, after running the generator for 5-20 minutes and then repeat draining the carb and storing.

Repeated this procedure just to see how long the fuel would last and run the generator under load without issues. This year is the 9th year and I’ve had to top off the tank once with about 3 gallons of fuel due to usage. Tank holds 7 gallons. Still starts on the 2nd pull, and will pull a load of 4500 watts without bogging or running rough. The fact that I have it stored in my basement which is temperature stable also helps, but Stabil absolutely works. This is regular pump gas BTW, not ethanol free.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
https://www.pure-gas.org/

List of ethanol free gas stations in the US.

This is pretty good. I live way out in the country and there is a little bitty gas station 2 miles away that sells only ethanol free. It is on this list.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Seafire
I buy aviation gas at the local rinkydink airport here in town...for power equipment around the house...

left fuel in the fuel tank on one of my mowers for the last 6 months.... second pull on the pull start and it fired right up and ran like
I had just turned it off 5 minutes ago..

Brother works for a major small engine manufacturer. All they use for testing is av gas. Keep moisture out of it and it will last for nearly ever. Also through their testing stabil is the real deal and does what it claims. Cannot really use too much either he says to use at least double.

I am a believer. I had a boat in storage for about a decade. Did everything to ensure the best storage possible. Never intended to store it as long as I did. Anyways I had filled the gas tank full to reduce condensation whole bottle of stabil non ethanol gas. Took it out of storage. Planned to take it to a dealer to have the motor gone through. Dreaded the thought of pulling out 32 gallons of gas. Knew for sure they would charge a ton to dispose of it. Removed the filler cap. Gas smelled as fresh as if it just came out the pump.

I was shocked. Figured no way it was still good. Went and backed the boat in the lake. Second hit of the key and she fired right up. Idle was a bit off but it ran just fine, once it had about ten percent throttle ran perfect.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Some preppers have found that real gasoline stored in airtight containers that displaced the air with propane and sealed them had stabilized fuel for 5 years

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,660
Posts18,455,690
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.