Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Roundoak: I really like it - I have a Bull Elk done like it and most all my guests remark how much they like it.
Only thing that Antelope dio-rama needs is an original Indian arrowhead lying in the dirt there in front of the Buffalo skull
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

BP-B2

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My opinion is your taxidermist wants you to spend a lot of $$$. Pedestal mounts cost a lot more than a simple shoulder mount and a simple shoulder mount costs a lot more than a European mount which costs more than a horn on panel mount. Your $$$, do as you will.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree with those who said it looks too busy. I like pedestals and have two. One is a kudu which is just a simple pedestal with hide in the 4 panels, the other is a double black buck with a bit of grass and dirt and hide in the six panels. They both sit in corners. That said my pronghorn is at the taxidermist and will be a shoulder mount. Whatever fits in your house/trophy room.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm a fan of pedestal mounts. Have several wall pedestals. Have floor pedestals coming for zebra and kudu. Don't like the habitat stuff much. Like a clean, uncluttered look.

Do or do not, there is no try.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NO FREAKING WAY !!!............... That would be the "bosses" verdict on that one....... Although I have two antelope here and they're both in the man cave. One shoulder mount and one Euro. But that does look nice to me, anyway.

IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I have one antelope mounted, a record head.. I have three or four with the skulls cleaned bone white... I much prefer that method...

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by roundoak
A taxidermist suggested this style mount for my antelope. What is your opinion?

[Linked Image from emojipedia-us.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com]

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I’m a fan of offset shoulder mounts. If I’m going to do a big display mount like your taxidermist suggested, I’m going to do it for something a little more rare than a pronghorn.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by handwerk
I am a fan of the shoulder mount.

+1

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A taxidermist suggested this style mount for my antelope.

Not for me.

Last edited by CRS; 03/25/20.

Arcus Venator
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
roundoak - Maybe I'm just too traditional and like shoulder mounts because they have been around forever. I do have quite a few pedestal mounts that are basically a shoulder mount with a finished, sculptured back, and I like them. I also have several wall pedestal mounts which give variety to the traditional shoulder mounts. My personal opinion of the mount you pictured is that the extended body just looks weird, so for me the answer would be no.

Also, I think the dead grass only coming out of the cow skull's eye hole looks weird, and I would prefer it to only come up from the ground. Picky, picky, picky.

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
...Only thing that Antelope dio-rama needs is an original Indian arrowhead lying in the dirt there in front of the Buffalo skull
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Not an Antelope dio-rama, but here's my "Pheasant under glass," complete with a few arrowheads, in the corner of my Trophy Room bar.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by buffybr
roundoak - Maybe I'm just too traditional and like shoulder mounts because they have been around forever. I do have quite a few pedestal mounts that are basically a shoulder mount with a finished, sculptured back, and I like them. I also have several wall pedestal mounts which give variety to the traditional shoulder mounts. My personal opinion of the mount you pictured is that the extended body just looks weird, so for me the answer would be no.

Also, I think the dead grass only coming out of the cow skull's eye hole looks weird, and I would prefer it to only come up from the ground. Picky, picky, picky.

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
...Only thing that Antelope dio-rama needs is an original Indian arrowhead lying in the dirt there in front of the Buffalo skull
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Not an Antelope dio-rama, but here's my "Pheasant under glass," complete with a few arrowheads, in the corner of my Trophy Room bar.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now I like that setup!!!

What is haunting me about the taxidermist pedestal mount is what my hired man commented when he saw it: "It looks like it is a cripple." laugh

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I would like it if it still had the front legs on. As it is it doesn't appeal to me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not a fan. Too busy, doesn't look like it was planned and thought out and it takes up a ton of room.

Honestly - I'm not a fan of any mount and regardless of critter size - I won't spend the money. Euro or just antlers on wood for me but understand others ain't me and don't have to think like me.

Family has lots of mounts and the plain shoulder with a turn etc is easily the best. IMO

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No. Lots of good reasons why it is way less than desirable are already listed

A shoulder mount with a slight turn would be my pick.

Last edited by Lonny; 03/27/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That's very nice, buffybr. Easy to dust too. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the wall pedestal mounts look clean and more elegant than a regular shoulder mount.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My taxidermist and I came up with some habitat for this wall pedestal mount.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by 805
I think antelope are an awesome looking mount. I would suggest using a wall pedestal form for your antelope. It shows more of the shoulder and turns out from the wall very nicely. You can add habitat like above also if you like that look.

Yep seen one at my taxi this year, looked damn good. Upright ped

This. That taxidermist probably uses see thru scope rings too.🤢

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RedRabbit
I think the wall pedestal mounts look clean and more elegant than a regular shoulder mount.

My taxidermist and I came up with some habitat for this wall pedestal mount.

Perfect example right here! Awesome mounts Red! I agree 100% with the wall pedestal looking best also. I prefer no habitat.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got 2 wall mounts, one with a slight right turn, the other a slight left turn. If I get another good antelope I'd also do the wall pedestal, IMHO that is about the best way to display a nice antelope buck, although they all look great!!

[Linked Image from pic20.picturetrail.com]

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
687 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 78 invisible), 3,081 guests, and 1,468 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.