Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sorry for your loss

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

BP-B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Prayers sent for you and the family.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks guys, she was my Mother's youngest brother's widow. We stayed with her sometimes when we went to Ocala to visit. Really nice lady, Merris and I are really going to miss her.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thoughts for you and the wife David.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Mike,
Curious,... any idea how many Lightfoot mounts you have produced to date?
How many sizes have you dealt with?
Do you currently mark them in any way?

Without getting too carried away a custom metal stamp costs ~$50. (McMaster Carr, custom stamps)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Every day above ground is a good day."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm up to 256 now. Never have marked them or given much thought to it. I keep a detailed spreadsheet on them though.

I wanted to make a 'one size fits all' mount but the early guns have the rear sight dovetail all over the place. Above 200K the sight location is fairly consistent so there is a bit of a standard. I like to get the measurement on everything though because every once in a while there is an oddball.

I've made them for every model made I believe.

I am no longer accepting orders for the Lightfoot scope mount.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
I wanted to make a 'one size fits all' mount but the early guns have the rear sight dovetail all over the place.

Yea, I guess SRC's have different dovetail lengths, as do long rifles, but good things sorta stabilize from there.
So not exactly custom per rifle, but, 4 or 5 lengths potentially.
Doesn't sound like the mounts can/should be moved rifle to rifle. Unless same specs. ??

"Every day above ground is a good day."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have moved them around some but just on the post WWI rifles.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

R
R
I just joined the Forum....better late than never! I have an old (1960's) Weaver K6-V8 scope and rings that I'd like to mount on a 1954 production Savage 99- EG in 300 Savage. Will the Lightfoot base that I've read so much about work in this application? If so, how can I contact you for next steps? Thanks!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It should as the mount fits the screw holes in the tang and the dovetail for the rear sight. But the man should tell you himself, Send him a PM. And welcome to the forum.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by roadking95
I just joined the Forum....better late than never! I have an old (1960's) Weaver K6-V8 scope and rings that I'd like to mount on a 1954 production Savage 99- EG in 300 Savage. Will the Lightfoot base that I've read so much about work in this application? If so, how can I contact you for next steps? Thanks!

First I need to know which scope you have. Is it a K6 or V8? You can't merge the two.

The V8 has no internal adjustments and must be used with the Weaver adjustable rings. it won't fit my mount.

The K6 is fixed power with internal adjustments. Perfect match with the mount and an old Savage.

Give me your email in a PM and I can send details.

O
O
I'm a new member, so I can't send a private message. However I have a 1953 Model 99. I inherited the gun and would love to use it. The idea of a scope without drilling sounds great to me, I'm completely new and don't have a preference, other than it functions well to hunt white tail in cold, rugged terrain (northern Ontario).

Anyway I don't know what my options are limited to or how your system would even work, I'm completely inexperienced here, so suggestions are welcome. Plus from the reviews it sounds like I'd love a Lightfoot mount. I guess the K4 sees like a good bet but I think I might like the Leupolds as well.

Thanks.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Welcome to the site, Mike (Lightfoot) will contact you shortly. I didn't think there was a post limit before you can send a PM. If you click on Lightfoot in one of the post above you should be able to send him a message. Or, if there is a little envelope in the top right corner by your name, you should be able to send a PM from there. But, I've been wrong before.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here's how it works on pre-1960 Savage 99's. The rear screws into the two existing tang screw holes, and the front slides into the rear sight dovetail and locks down with a tightening screw. Then you can mount any rings and scopes you like.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
O
O
When I try to send a PM it says private messages are disabled for my current member level. Thanks for the welcome though, look forward to hearing from Mike.

O
O
So you have to remove the rear sight? I'm not the most handy, hopefully I don't screw it up too bad...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OntarioJay
When I try to send a PM it says private messages are disabled for my current member level. Thanks for the welcome though, look forward to hearing from Mike.

I tried to send you a PM and also got blocked. I guess the moderator has to OK your credentials??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There has been talk of a 20 post min before being able to PM

Precipitated by low life piece of chit scum bag scammers in the classifieds.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
R
R
Unfortunately, as a new member, I am not allowed to send private messages yet because I haven't achieved some minimum level of participation... I don't know why. In any case, I'm open to any suggestion that would allow me to get in touch with you directly about the scope mount. Perhaps you can send a private message to me? PS - The original box that came with a scope says K6- V8 in a circle, and under it it says 60-B1. I don't know if that helps or simply adds more confusion! Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks.

Last edited by roadking95; 03/25/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by roadking95
Unfortunately, as a new member, I am not allowed to send private messages yet because I haven't achieved some minimum level of participation... I don't know why. In any case, I'm open to any suggestion that would allow me to get in touch with you directly about the scope mount. Perhaps you can send a private message to me? PS - The original box that came with a scope says K6- V8 in a circle, and under it it says 60-B1. I don't know if that helps or simply adds more confusion! Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks.

Just keep posting until you can send a message. You can always talk about how Californians or New Yorkers have invaded your state.

LOL
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
661 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,748 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.