Hop To
#14705323 03/25/20
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L

Are the borders open? Quarantine?

Have a bear hunt in BC for May. Concerns about the above as well as Virus.

Spoke with the outfitter and he is asking for the other 50% of the hunt and vague about rolling it in to next year.

Lefty

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
If you can put it off for a year, it would be better to kill a bear then, than to be killed by a virus now.

Just sayin'.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Google is your friend - https://globalnews.ca/news/6711194/canada-us-border-closes/

I would be reluctant to pay the other 50% without assurance that he would roll it over into next year if the border remains closed. It is a hard spot to be in for the outfitter but since you say he is being vague a little caution may be in order.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Try contacting GOABC, Guide outfitter's Association British Columbia.
Hopefully they have a policy that favors you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by leftycarbon

Are the borders open? Quarantine?

Have a bear hunt in BC for May. Concerns about the above as well as Virus.

Spoke with the outfitter and he is asking for the other 50% of the hunt and vague about rolling it in to next year.

Lefty

Lefty;
Good evening to you sir, I hope that all things considered you're well.

In order of your questions then sir - no the border is currently not open to anything other than essential traffic which means goods or services.

The Federal Government today has enacted a mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone coming into Canada from outside of the country - other than the aforementioned traffic such as long haul drivers.

You absolutely should be concerned about the virus - it's in all areas of BC now, albeit not as bad in the Interior and rural areas, but it's still here. What should worry you even more really is that the medical system will be beyond packed to capacity, so if you needed medical assistance for anything while here, you would join the residents who are now doing our level best not to need anything medical whatsoever.

While I understand the outfitter's dilemma, as I'm sure he's got bill to pay like everyone else in the province, however at this juncture until the mandatory quarantine is lifted, you'd be in quarantine for the first 14 days of your hunt anyway.

As comerade said, contact the GOABC and see what they say.

Sorry I can't give you better news sir, honestly I wish this wasn't happening and I could, but of course that's not our reality.

Good luck and stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Dwayne,

Thank you for replying and info. The outfitter is asking for the balance to reserve a hunt for next year and that is not going to happen.

As the shootist said "better to kill a bear next year than get killed by a virus this year.

Thanks all for the info

Lefty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 53 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,500
Posts18,452,470
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.