Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I went yesterday. It moved too slow. It had good camera work, but the storyline didn't have enough for a 2 hour movie.

A lot of time with the woman and the baby,...a lot of time in the convoy,....a lot of time snooping around in the deserted German trenches,..

The whole story could have been told in 20 minutes.

Maybe they'll start releasing Enlarged Prostate Editions for all the Boomers out there.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Combat is like life because it is life. There isn't a single story line, there are incredible happenings, and the improbable is to be expected. This movie reflects all those things.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I saw it yesterday. Very good movie, one of the best I have seen.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OTOH someone posted the opening scenes from Saving Private Ryan on the favorite movie scene thread. I had forgotten just how far Spielberg knocked it out of the ballpark.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Finally coaxed The Mrs. to go watch it today. It's only been 9 years since we've gone to a movie theatre, lol! Very well done film. I did, however, find the scene where the German pilot stabbed the "Tommy" to be an unlikely scenario. I've read dozens of books about WW I aviation, and can't imagine that happening.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
the visuals were amazing. the plot, and the film overall, died with one of the main characters.

Just got done watching it. Have to admit I was not terribly impressed, felt it left alot to be desired. The visuals were fine, sometimes excellent, but otherwise nothing really stood out.

Yesterday this movie became available for rent on Fandango and maybe some other streaming services so I finally got to watch it last night.

Overall a good movie, it was certainly worth the time and rental fee, but after it was over I had the same reaction. Good visuals and good attention to detail. There were a couple of scenarios that didn't really make sense or didn't seem that believable but those can be overlooked. Mostly when it was over I just didn't feel like I'd been through any kind of emotional experience like at the end of Saving Private Ryan.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
All I've seen is the trailers, no interest in the movie. Looked like one of those all computer generated movies with no real acting.

Phil

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Greyghost
All I've seen is the trailers, no interest in the movie. Looked like one of those all computer generated movies with no real acting.

Phil

Like anyone here gives a flying Fugg what you think. Fuggg off Phil, Idiot.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m gonna watch it this weekend. I’ve heard it is pretty good

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If you like watching paint dry, you'll enjoy it.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was a good movie. The wife loved it too.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I won't ruin the storyline for everybody. But, that continuous stream shooting and the cinematography are incredible.

Available on pay per view for home viewing, so maybe I'll watch it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
the visuals were amazing. the plot, and the film overall, died with one of the main characters.

Just got done watching it. Have to admit I was not terribly impressed, felt it left alot to be desired. The visuals were fine, sometimes excellent, but otherwise nothing really stood out.

Yesterday this movie became available for rent on Fandango and maybe some other streaming services so I finally got to watch it last night.

Overall a good movie, it was certainly worth the time and rental fee, but after it was over I had the same reaction. Good visuals and good attention to detail. There were a couple of scenarios that didn't really make sense or didn't seem that believable but those can be overlooked. Mostly when it was over I just didn't feel like I'd been through any kind of emotional experience like at the end of Saving Private Ryan.

Agreed, I saw it twice because a friend wanted to go see it. I’d see it again for cheap just to listen to the array of those different Brit working class accents and try to guess where they were from 😎 Lost my ear for that now, woulda been easy when I was a kid.

Besides the accents it was cool to see Enfields in action as the primary weapon, ain’t no faster bolt action anywhere, plus that ten round magazine 😎

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WW1 was the most futile war in modern history. Hundreds of thousands of men died for a few feet of dirt. It would be very difficult to make an interesting movie about that war.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Beautifully filmed, but overall a very thin story line with at least four scenes that diminished what could have been a superb movie.

However, the scene in the woods at the end of the movie with the song Poor Wayfaring Stranger being sung is alone worth the price of admission...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Good review. I'm glad I saw it on the big screen.

Saving Private Ryan set the bar pretty high. My wife cries at a lot of movies. She wept openly at SPR when the mom lays down on the porch when she sees the Army staff car coming up the drive and also when the medic tries to dx his wounds, then asks for his mom when he knows he's dying. Her perspective from a mother's point of view was heart wrenching. She won't go to another war movie since then. I saw 1917 solo.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
705 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 3,136 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,744
Posts18,401,246
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.