Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This is just the first outbreak of a virus that attacks universally in the human race. Are we going to react like this every time now? We will end up squatting around fires and living in the stone age if we don't get a grip and start moving on with life. It is bad when something comes along and takes out a bunch of us seniors that had planned on a few more somewhat disabled but still enjoyable livable years. But destroying the country by shutting down the economy and monetizing a huge debt (bailout) isn't worth it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the highest the great depression saw was 24.9%. I don't see this as being 30%, ask yourself what would happen if everyone went back to work tomorrow? how many jobs list then? this is like a storm or natural disaster,

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
You also have to remember that pre-virus there was basically 0 unemployment for those who wanted to work. Many, many companies went with unfilled positions for months due to the booming economy. Maybe once this settles out some of those open positions will get filled.

I'm going to try to stay optimistic. As far as big GOV over reach, time will tell. If Trump gets re-elected i can see him rolling back anything that was put in place at the Federal level. If Big Ears were still in charge I might be as a'skert as some of you. We will see.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Besides some businesses closing due to all this, I think there will be that many more that were previously in jeopardy & blame their demise on this mess.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bbassi
You also have to remember that pre-virus there was basically 0 unemployment for those who wanted to work. Many, many companies went with unfilled positions for months due to the booming economy. Maybe once this settles out some of those open positions will get filled.

I'm going to try to stay optimistic. As far as big GOV over reach, time will tell. If Trump gets re-elected i can see him rolling back anything that was put in place at the Federal level. If Big Ears were still in charge I might be as a'skert as some of you. We will see.

I tend to be in this camp. Trump is not a politician but he is learning how politics work. I think we will emerge from this a stronger nation. From what I have read, Trump's support is growing. I think manufacturers and drug companies will recognize the importance of producing things in this country which will create more jobs. I think the stock market will recover before the election and unemployment will return to record lows. These things need to happen for Trump to get re-elected.
I also think a lot of politicians are realizing the best way to promote their career is by aligning with Trump.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
God help us if the hildabeast was president!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,543
Posts18,453,263
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.