-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another big thank you Doc! Your posts are always well worth the read.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The science is settled.

At least, as settled as it can be, in an area where estimation is the prescribed course.

It's just being ignored.

The number of people contracting the flu is estimated every year, as it has been for 100 years.

And that's because the impact of each year's flu, as a social health issue, isn't important enough to warrant an all-out study.

Number of people contracting Colds? .gov doesn't even bother to estimate, because colds are even lower on the danger scale, than the flu.

Mortality statistics for colds and flu are well known, and accepted as part of life.

The Coronavirus genus has been around for 60 years, and its lethality, characteristics and propensities are well known.

And it's known to be a relatively mild strain of the cold virus.

This year, is like any other year, cold-virus wise.

But somehow, this election year, with President Trump in office, science, in the sense of the known history of the cold and flu season, is being ignored.

The course of this year's corona virus is the same, or less significant, than past years of corona virus.

These circumstances are well known, and being intentionally ignored, to generate hysteria.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Doc, I'll never forget the thread you made about getting the flu shot. Since then, I have gotten the shot every year after reading your ideas about the major threat a virus pandemic was to all of us and building a defensive library. As soon as this virus began making news I immediately thought of that thread and hoped you would speak on Covid-19.

If I could find that old thread I would bump it as it is especially worthy of a read now.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Another thank you for Doc. That was a very informative OP post.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you for the fantastic post Dr. It’s so important to get the right message out and to hear it from people we know and trust. This is especially vital when so many distrust the media and our scientific and political institutions.

Thank you for being on the front lines. I missed you (and the rest of the crew) in TX this year, but you have been in my thoughts. Please be safe and don’t hesitate to reach out, if there’s anything I can do.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As always excellent posts
Thanks Doc

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bump

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by kingston
Thank you for the fantastic post Dr. It’s so important to get the right message out and to hear it from people we know and trust. This is especially vital when so many distrust the media and our scientific and political institutions.

Thank you for being on the front lines. I missed you (and the rest of the crew) in TX this year, but you have been in my thoughts. Please be safe and don’t hesitate to reach out, if there’s anything I can do.

+1 Much appreciated!

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Doc: The wife passes she is 100% on board with your assessment. Bottom line is we can't solve an equation without all the variables...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DocRocket, thanks for the thoughtful, rational and well reasoned post. It actually made me think, for a minute there, that I was on a different forum.

Originally Posted by DocRocket
I'm curious to read what the misfits and degenerates here on the 24HCF write in response.

Me too.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Thank you very much for posting this! I forwarded it to everybody I know. I'm not worried about myself (retired) or my kids and their spouses (working at home) but I am a little concerned about my 5 grand kids going back to school.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
LIKE - Thanks doc rocket!

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very true DF. I expect that we are first in the number of cases now because of the ramped up testing and that the positive-but-not-sick denominator, to the critically-ill-to-death numerator, will grow very large.

One thing — Trump seems to have true fondness for China’s Xi, not I hope, to his blindness to their ultimate goal. They will only be “our friends” as it suits their purpose to economic world domination.

“We struggle not against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities.”

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 03/27/20.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Thanks for taking the time to type it up, Doc. In this day and time we rarely know who to trust. Having shared a camp with you, I have no doubt in mind. Stay safe.
CT

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This is THE BEST Coronavirus thread to date.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
OP, excellent post. Thanks for the information.

μολὼν λαβέ
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
as with others am glad for what you wrote.
i did print it, to hand out to members of the family .

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Thanks Doc.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Voice of reason out of the panic - thanks Doc. As a retired medical professional (NP), I have come to much the same conclusions.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 1minute, 10ring1, 2ndwind, 40 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,028
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.