Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If you had intubated the guy I did yesterday who is definitely covid 19, and most likely going to die you wouldn’t think it’s hysterical woman syndrome.

My brother currently has it and feels like absolute hell. So while I hope things don’t get bad, realistically speaking odds are they will.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I am in no way dismissing anything. I am also not running around in hysterics thinking the world is going to end. I live in an area that is getting hammered by Covid but I will not behave irrationally when so far the numbers don’t add up. To each there own. Continuing to try and scare people is assinine.

Carry on...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Considering patient zero was in NOVEMBER - not January which means it was in the US LONG before we shut things down with China and we made it through Christmas (high travel/lots of social contact) - all the models and stats aren't accurate.

The science says 80% of people will have very mild symptoms with this. Even at 100k cases, thats only 20k people out of over 300 MILLION people in this country with symptoms above a low grade hangover.

Statistically speaking - that's less than even show up for a Detroit Lions' game. Or the number of people still alive that remember the Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

You can stress and freak out all you want but it just ain't happening like people think. There is so much hyperbole its absurd.

Me

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Don't know about the rest of you but I read the article the OP posted. It is all based on hypothetical stances and not hard data. Just sayin... You can hypothesize anything at any time. Since the OP seems to be a "doomsayer" I think I'll disregard.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Was not the article from CNN? Enough said.

IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by sse
i realize the numbers are not impressive currently, when compared to other similar health threats, and they may never exceed the prior threats. problem is they are peaking for a given region at the same time.

How many or which of the prior virus/influenza health threat(s) resulted in medical facilities being inundated with severely ill and dying patients? Can anyone ever remember this happening before? Speak up.

Or, do you not believe the news reports or frantic video clips of nurses working 24 hour shifts wth no ability to properly treat these patients? With dwindling and sick staff? Dwindling space, PPE, medications, equipment, to the point that life-saving response needs to be rationed?

Tell us more about the dead patients... as in how many?

My sources on the west coast tell me several hospitals and clinics are empty. Once test kits arrived and people tested negative they cleared out.

You answer my questions and I will do my best to answer yours. I am neither hysterical or trying to scare anyone, just stating fact.

The reason why there are places without catastrophe right now is that, thank God, the problem has not peaked at every hot spot simultaneously, that would have been hell on earth. But believe me catastrophe is exactly what has happened and is currently happening in certain localities, including my neck of the woods right now.

I am adjusting my behavior to avoid being an unfortunate patient under these circumstances, or the possibility of even remotely contributing to this horrible situation.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jk16
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
From an article on CNN

Why worry about coronavirus when the flu kills many more people?

The novel coronavirus is dangerous for several reasons, even if the number of deaths haven’t matched that of the flu.

The first US case of coronavirus was reported in January, and the first US death from coronavirus was reported in late February. By March 26, the US had more than 78,000 cases of coronavirus, and at least 1,135 people have died.

Since this flu season started October 1, more than 23,000 Americans have died from the flu, according to CDC estimates. Nationwide, the flu has infected at least 34 million people between October and mid-March.

But here are key differences when comparing the flu vs. coronavirus:

The CDC estimates for the flu go back to October 2019. But the first US case of coronavirus didn’t emerge until several months later.

Coronavirus is twice as contagious as the flu. Research indicates a person with the flu infects an average of 1.28 other people, Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta said. But with coronavirus, “it’s likely between two and three” other people.

Coronavirus infections have a “very high mortality rate – one in six – among people who are over 80 and people with underlying chronic disease,” epidemiologist Dr. Abdul El-Sayed said.

People with coronavirus might not get symptoms for 14 days, and some get no symptoms at all. But during that time, they’re still contagious and can infect others unknowingly.

A vaccine is available for the flu, but no vaccine is available for coronavirus. Experts say the number of flu deaths could be drastically reduced if more people got their flu shots. But about half of Americans don’t get vaccinated, including most children who die from the flu.

Anyone can be affected: ‘Perfectly healthy’ Texas dad with coronavirus dies from COVID-19, family says.
This, according to Fox News, https://www.foxnews.com/health/perfectly-healthy-texas-dad-with-coronavirus-dies

Fox News, reports:
WORST OUTCOME

In a worst-case scenario, without serious mitigation efforts, hospital beds in the U.S. could be full by April and 2.2 million Americans could die of the virus – not to mention those who would die of other ailments because they couldn’t get medical care – a study from the Imperial College London concluded, according to The Atlantic.

BEST CASE

It’s possible the bulk of social distancing could be over within a month or two if the virus turns out to be “not be a serious pathogen, suddenly,” said William Hanage, an epidemiology professor at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health, according to the Atlantic, but experts say this scenario is unlikely.

WHY are you posting this BS?

90% of the info has been disproven as FALSE.

Do you work for CNN?

Dis-proven as False means it's true?

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by MAC
Don't know about the rest of you but I read the article the OP posted. It is all based on hypothetical stances and not hard data. Just sayin... You can hypothesize anything at any time. Since the OP seems to be a "doomsayer" I think I'll disregard.

NO NO NO! You simply must panic! The article said next week COULD be a problem and there COULD be many deaths! With solid science like that there simply is no time for rational thought, its panic or die!

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
"Testing! Testing! Testing! Where's the tests?" (Week One.)
"OMG, we have more cases than anyone else!" (Week Two)
"__________________________________!!!!!" (Week Three)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by sse
i realize the numbers are not impressive currently, when compared to other similar health threats, and they may never exceed the prior threats. problem is they are peaking for a given region at the same time.

How many or which of the prior virus/influenza health threat(s) resulted in medical facilities being inundated with severely ill and dying patients? Can anyone ever remember this happening before? Speak up.

Or, do you not believe the news reports or frantic video clips of nurses working 24 hour shifts wth no ability to properly treat these patients? With dwindling and sick staff? Dwindling space, PPE, medications, equipment, to the point that life-saving response needs to be rationed?

Tell us more about the dead patients... as in how many?

My sources on the west coast tell me several hospitals and clinics are empty. Once test kits arrived and people tested negative they cleared out.

You answer my questions and I will do my best to answer yours. I am neither hysterical or trying to scare anyone, just stating fact.

The reason why there are places without catastrophe right now is that, thank God, the problem has not peaked at every hot spot simultaneously, that would have been hell on earth. But believe me catastrophe is exactly what has happened and is currently happening in certain localities, including my neck of the woods right now.

I am adjusting my behavior to avoid being an unfortunate patient under these circumstances, or the possibility of even remotely contributing to this horrible situation.

Ok to answer your question, my wife is a nurse , during the H1N1 pandemic the hospital she worked at was full with people dying from H1N1
She also tells me during bad flu years they would get worked into the ground.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Total and utter BS. America is being hosed.
^^^^^ This, right here.^^^^^

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hard to say how it shakes out.

All I know is that in the fire service we see people that call us commies....you cant force me off my land...this is Murrica!

Then [bleep] gets bad and its all...."i pay taxes and your salary! Come risk your life to save my schit!"

So we do.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh and sse my information does not come from the news..... where does your info come from.... may be a clue in there?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
81,000(Cororna Deaths)/330,000,000(US Population)=0.000245 That sounds much better than prior estimates to me.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by centershot
81,000(Cororna Deaths)/330,000,000(US Population)=0.000245 That sounds much better than prior estimates to me.

But but it's going exponential........ tomorrow wink or maybe the next day.... oh hell who knows

And Big Jim... get off my lawn .... merica... lol

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Interesting that in such a short period of time and during the upcoming Easter season

that churches were shut down and .gov was implemented as the new "god".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Interesting that in such a short period of time and during the upcoming Easter season

that churches were shut down and .gov was implemented as the new "god".

Glad I'm not alone is THIS thought

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hard to say how it shakes out.

All I know is that in the fire service we see people that call us commies....you cant force me off my land...this is Murrica!

Then [bleep] gets bad and its all...."i pay taxes and your salary! Come risk your life to save my schit!"

So we do.

Pard owns a gun range and store - was interviewed because of the rush on guns/ammo. Posted it to his FB. Someone asked "Why would there be a run on guns when this is a pandemic? You can't shoot a virus.."

His response was decent - "Police are severely limiting the calls they respond to and their response time is increasing as they take precautions. Also realize that this virus may also swing through your local police department and put many of them out of service. Entire departments could go down. Now how long after that happens do you think it will take criminals to figure out they have free reign? What would you like to have in your hands when that happens?"

She changed her tune ricky tic.

Me

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by viking
I don’t know, but my BS meter is pegged out on this covid chit. The regular flu, H1N1, swine, bird and what ever else was way worse and the country never shut down. Something is going on.

Could be they're using it as the excuse they were looking for to institute more government regimentation and control over society, and cut back further on rights and liberties that get in the way of their plans for the future. I'd give if about a fifty percent chance of being the explanation for this all. Or it could be legit. That's the other fifty percent.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,554
Posts18,453,633
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.