Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh, it's Saturday, it's Saturday...
Hey nonnie nonnie and a hot cha-cha!

(Little Rascals, circa 1930)

Here in beautiful Ogden, it is currently snowing and 32 degrees. No real accumulation, the ground being too warm. No plans for today beyond some reading, maybe some tube, and more of this innanet blather.

Gooooood Mornin'!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Morning Rocky,

Working remotely I've started waking at 4:00 and working, not sure why. Today I made it to about 4:40, so I slept in a bit. I'm now on my 3rd cup of coffee.

It snowed a little here in Cache valley last night. We're headed to Wyoming to pick up a pickup. Probably the last truck I'll ever buy.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Good morning Rocky!
I was going through my pictures from our visit to Pima Air and Space Museum in Tucson, AZ and I had taken a few pics of the planes you used to fly. The O-2 is a dinky little aircraft compared to most military planes. It was great to be able to put a hand on the plane that you detailed in your books.
If I can get my computer and this board to co-operate I will post pics of the planes.
We didn't get a chance to visit the boneyard, we only had half a day to tour the museum.

Oh yeah, the weather here is rainy and 44*F.
It's not going to be a good day to move outdoor stuff to the new place.

Last edited by m_stevenson; 03/28/20.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Was gonna walk the dogs for a couple of hours first thing but it rained heavily overnight and they’ll track mud in the car. The stray terrier mutt I adopted is working out really well, turns out I can walk him on the trails without a leash because he follows my dog so when I call her back he comes too, even stands or sits next to her when she comes to heel and sits. I have seen this before over the decades with a succession of dogs, most people don’t realize how much dogs learn from each other.

The mutt is heartworm positive tho, gotta run by the feed store vet this morning to ask if oral meds for intestinal worms will kill the heart worms also and thus kill the dog (if you kill all the heart worms right away the dead worms can cause arterial blockage and septic shock).

In the afternoon I gotta take one of my Mexican nephews on my Ex’s side of the family to the range, in this current crisis his Democrat dad asked to borrow a gun so I loaned em something simple and easy to operate, a compact youth model O/U Yildiz 20 gage and a box of steel #2’s I had knocking around.

Gonna bring that and a .22 rifle; after having my N.Y. Army nephew around for three weeks I’m fresh out of handgun ammo. He flew out this morning, yesterday evening I had him take down and clean the handguns we shot so he would know how to do that too.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good Morning kind folks.[Linked Image]

Sorry, that's all I can do.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Hitting 90 here in SW GA. Dang...no spring....just went straight to summer.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Gonna work in garden this morning, transplant some squash plants.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's 42° and cloudy here at 10:17am. Took a walk in the woods for about an hour. Fixing on cooking some bacon and eggs now. Then I'll be painting our laundry room. Once that's done I'll be putting down a new floor.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Stopped a while ago, but we got about an inch of snudge.

Snudge (noun): Snow that half melts into a grey mess immediately upon landing.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
We have warmed to 37 this morning. Snow falling but not sticking, melting as it lands. Built a fire in the shop wood stove, at seven! Will go and work on a couple of machining projects for my old 52 ford coupe!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No snow here in Yuma. grin

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
60 or so early, headed for 90 today. Spent 3 hours with the brush hog in the woods. I saved baby Bugs’ life. I murdered thousands of yellow jackets. Don’t much care for aviators that only have a tail gun.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 53 invisible), 2,252 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,606
Posts18,454,857
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.