Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We seem to be talking about both the fist ever date, and the first date with the future wife,

Last edited by wabigoon; 10/03/19.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We seem to be talking about both the fist ever date, and the first date with the future wife,

A fist is all some of the guys here will ever date. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Well, Barry once again I fall victim to my spelling. Of course I meant "first".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Knew that, Richard..

Just thought it funny! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I get set up on a blind date by a co-workers wife that thought I needed it. Sarah invited me out to a get together at a yuppie bar with her and some friends. OK, sure. I get there and there's a long table packed with 20 and 30 something year old women, must have been about a dozen of them. I was the only guy. They were ALL having great fun checking me out and grilling me. I was 1) unemployed, having just sold a business 2) homeless, just sold the house too 3) just divorced.

I guess I got voted off the island. Sarah called a time or two later and I'd tell her about the 54 GMC 4x4 suburban I was building and we made small talk. Finally she just blurts out, "I shouldn't have called, this was a mistake".

I couldn't agree more, uptight bitch.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Lots of great stories. When I went to pick up my first wife on our first date, her Dad told me not to spend much money on her. He said she wasn’t used to that.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The legendary Skyway bar in Idaho Falls. There were 3 couples and she was with one of the other guys. I was a lot more interested in her than my date but it would have been uncool to do anything. I bought her (and others) a couple drinks, she smiled, winked and thanked me. She showed up at my work a few days later and I thought she was pretty cute. 39 years later she's still pretty cute.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
It was the summer of 1928 on a beautiful spring day when I first saw her.

GD you guys are old.

💩

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by plainsman456
We went on a taco run with a 12 pack of Miller ponies.

We got a 6-pack and went to the river at the falls to watch kayakers, her idea. We were leaving in my truck and she said, "I have to pee, see if you can find a place."

So I was thinking gas station or 7-11, and she said "where are you going, there's some bushes over there, pull over."

That was my first clue.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
Took a girl to the movie "Love Story" for a first and only date.

I suspect that that movie caused a bunch of divorces. Any idiot who believed their theme line "Love means never having to say you're sorry" is in for trouble at home. It's no wonder that Hollywood has so many divorces.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I drove about an hour and a half to meet this girl that didn't have a car for the first time. Didn't take long to realize she was even deeper into the autistic spectrum than I had originally thought. Odd girl. Turned out she didn't have a car because of a DWI arrest. Oh and did I mention she admitted to being a convicted felon for domestic battery?

I picked a real winner with that one.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by justin10mm
I drove about an hour and a half to meet this girl that didn't have a car for the first time. Didn't take long to realize she was even deeper into the autistic spectrum than I had originally thought. Odd girl. Turned out she didn't have a car because of a DWI arrest. Oh and did I mention she admitted to being a convicted felon for domestic battery?

I picked a real winner with that one.

LOL, how many kids do you have now??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
My first date with one girl was kind of weird. It was a blind date with her sister who turned out to be one of coldest witches I'd ever dated. After the ordeal was over, I talked to he sister and figured what the hell and asked her out. She said OK and we went to the drive in movie. I don't remember what was playing as as soon as it got dark enough she just about raped me. WTF? We dated quite a bit after that and later married. We divorced five years late due to parental interference on both sided. Her mother hated me and my grandmother hated her and twixt the two old biddies they destroyed our marriage. There is a happy ending to all this as about a year after the divorce I met who was to be my second wife and that lasted until she passed last year. We had 52 good years. My first wife? Well she lives all alone and gotten so fat she looks like Jabba the Hut. Life was not kind to her. Funny thing is we're still friends.
Paul B.

Last edited by PJGunner; 03/28/20.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stock car races, Army buddy's sister.

She liked my old pickup more than my year old Camaro. Thought then she might be a keeper.

47 years later, turns out I was right!

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by wabigoon

A fist is all some of the guys here will ever date. laugh

Yeah those guys proly have gun rooms instead of gun safes, lucky bastids.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I was drunk as hell at a NYE party and saw some little redhead.
Asked her out.

First date...........was just a meeting at fast food place.
Because I couldnt remember if she was cute or not.

She was.
So we ate, talked and then drove around shining deer (legal here).

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
i have known my wife since she was a 14 year old freshman and I was a 16 year old junior. We didn't date really as she wasn't that interested in any of that. I do remember a group setting at Shakeys Pizza where I treated and then I seemed to be racing her for that last piece of of pepperoni pizza. We did circle back around some years later and will have 36 great years together on June 2.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Moved back to Huntsville in 1988. Asked a cute girl at work (she was married) if she knew someone I could take to a play my friend got tickets for. She fixed me up for dinner with her friend (Sherry) and she and her husband came too. Only found out after I married Sherry, that the one who introduced us, was having problems in her marriage and only wanted Sherry to come so she could spend time with me. Actually told Sherry that. Good news is that she worked things out with her husband and they stayed married until he passed. Unfortunately, we are going to her funeral tomorrow, as she just passed herself.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Kinda a second and first date story. Found a chick online and we met for a date. I was kinda Meh, but she knew I liked fishing and talked me into meeting her and a friend next day to go fishing.

I met them at the pier and we spent the day together. End of the day we were packing up and I said “This isn’t going to work out. But I really like your friend!”

She gave me the friends number and we went out a few times but it didn’t work out. We were driving one day I griped about an idiot driver who was going too slow in the passing lane. She said “I’m one of those drivers” and didn’t appreciate my griping.

Just as well. Couldn’t imagine her driving me home after a night out and having to put up with lousy driving.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I like reading this, glad it came back

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

322 members (16penny, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 42 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,352
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.