Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Etoh might have stumbled on some very interesting information on CV-19 research.
http://www.nephjc.com/news/covidace2

I know that the local Doc's are prescribing Lisnopril for off label conditions.

BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
When Etoh talks, I listen. End o story.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MM879
Etoh might have stumbled on some very interesting information on CV-19 research.

I can't possibly read all of that. Are they saying that Lisinopril specifically or any HT drugs might be useful? Lisinopril has a side affect in that it often causes dry coughing, sometimes severe. I had to get off it and I'm using Losartan. It's not as good but there are no side affects.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yup, Lisinopril gave me the dry cough. I hear about 1 in 10 get it. I also went on Losartin for a while too but am on Amlodipine now, a calcium channel blocker. Interesting video here talks about this very subject.

ACE2 and ARB BP meds

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

I can't possibly read all of that. Are they saying that Lisinopril specifically or any HT drugs might be useful? Lisinopril has a side affect in that it often causes dry coughing, sometimes severe. I had to get off it and I'm using Losartan. It's not as good but there are no side affects.

The study indicates the association of the ACE inhibitor and the development of COVID-19. Cliff note version; older people don't have as much AEC2. The patients on a AEC2 drug did better than others. Like all medical studies they look at all the things that isn't first and if the `is' stands it is truthful.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was recently prescribed lisinopril for high blood pressure. I notice the dry cough later in the day but it is mild and tolerable.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by coat4gun
Yup, Lisinopril gave me the dry cough. I hear about 1 in 10 get it. I also went on Losartin for a while too but am on Amlodipine now, a calcium channel blocker. Interesting video here talks about this very subject.

ACE2 and ARB BP meds

At first Lisinopril gave me such a bad cough I thought a blood vessel would pop in my head. Not so much anymore.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Hmmm. Wifey and I both on Amlodipine. She is also on Losartan.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

This^^^^

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Three weeks ago I was scheduled for dental surgery to install a new Ti tooth post. During the prep I suffered a BP attack. Later that week I went to the Doctors for the BP issue. The Doc put me on Lisinopril in a second. I get the feeling the Doc knew something that he wasn't willing to discuss. My BS meter was pegged. The Lisnopril is an off label prescription for me.

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

This^^^^

Absolument!!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I know that the local Doc's are prescribing Lisinopril for off label conditions.

I've been taking low dosage Lisinopril since late last summer. It was prescribed not for high blood pressure though but because it's suppose to prevent kidney damage other medications I'm taking are known to cause. Not had much of a problem with a dry cough so far other than sometimes in the late evening.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Etoh can tell you stuff that will blow your mind. If he thinks the article is valid, I'd take it to the bank.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Goodness. Slow down.

It appears this corona virus attaches and accesses the host cell’s via a surface protein called ace2. That is a random unimportant detail, BUT that ace2 expression (the number of receptors the cell places in the surface) increases when one takes an ace inhibitor.

Ace2 receptors are mostly in lung and heart tissues.

There is investigational SPECULATION that per chance, MAYBE this plays a role in who gets sick, how severely they become ill, etc. It is not proven, but just early conjecture. As with A LOT of things in medicine, what appears an obvious discovery, proves later to not be what it seems.

The paper cited above contains an entire chart citing organizations worldwide saying, essentially, “this is interesting, but for lack of durable evidence yet, we recommend no changes to taking ace inhibitors.”

In other words, ace inhibitor use as a RISK (not a preventive) is a theory that is consistent with why those with sundry health issues may be more vulnerable - because ace is widely used (and well proven) in a number of settings. Older you are, the more likely one is on an ace inhibitor. But it is just one theory among many needed to be worked through.

I really did not want to type this out, because now there will be a flood of persons demanding their doctor change their ace to something else. Or persons stop taking their ace to their own detriment. But, the alternative is i let ya’ll go on 180deg from what this article says, so there you go.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don’t take the Avapro anymore, it’s an angio retention blocker, my understanding was that people on ARB have MORE plug-in receptors for those little bastards to plug their peckers into.

I’m on nifedipine which is a CCA

Used to be on the avapro, which btw is a losartan potassium compound (ARB)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Couple years from now, slumlord finds himself the leader of great swaths of the inner cities, the last survivors. The rest of us, especially health nuts early on, all perished. Turned out, purple-drank was protective.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Goodness. Slow down.

It appears this corona virus attaches and accesses the host cell’s via a surface protein called ace2. That is a random unimportant detail, BUT that ace2 expression (the number of receptors the cell places in the surface) increases when one takes an ace inhibitor.

There is investigational SPECULATION that per chance, MAYBE this plays a role in who gets sick, how severely they become ill, etc. It is not proven, but just early conjecture. As with A LOT of things in medicine, what appears an obvious discovery, proves later to not be what it seems.

The paper cited above contains an entire chart citing organizations worldwide saying, essentially, “this is interesting, but for lack of durable evidence yet, we recommend no changes to taking ace inhibitors.”

In other words, ace inhibitor use as a RISK (not a preventive) is a theory that is consistent with why those with sundry health issues may be more vulnerable - because ace is widely used (and well proven) in a number of settings. Older you are, the more likely one is on an ace inhibitor. But it is just one theory among many needed to be worked through.

I really did not want to type this out, because now there will be a flood of persons demanding their doctor change their ace to something else. Or persons stop taking their ace to their own detriment. But, the alternative is i let ya’ll go on 180deg from what this article says, so there you go.

This is the conclusion I thought they had reached but the first part of the article seemed to suggest lisinopril would prevent the infection. Very confusing.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Goodness. Slow down.

Glad you posted this.

the American Heart Association is recommending that folks on ACE inhibitors continue unless confirmed with Crono then discontinue immediately

The reasoning being that the ACE2 group attach to the receptor, (the surface protein) causing vasodilation, (reason why they lower blood pressure) which would cause higher transport rates of virus accross the membrane into the body.

as Plaqinil's mode of action in regards to the virus is its ACE2 pharmacology, why use it when an ACE2 is 1000 less toxic and 100 time "stronger"

This is not talking about using the either drugs in prophylactic

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Couple years from now, slumlord finds himself the leader of great swaths of the inner cities, the last survivors. The rest of us, especially health nuts early on, all perished. Turned out, purple-drank was protective.

you saw that movie too,,, great movie---- But I think it was Mountain Dew.

No wait I think it was Gatorade. ,, they also used to water the crops, but they wondered why the crops didn't grow.

Last edited by Etoh; 03/28/20.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The blood pressure regulation system in the body is call the Renin Angiotensin mechanisms, and is located in the kidneys.

It releases an enzyme called ACE (angio converting enzyme) which acts as a vasoconstrictor to increase blood pressure , and conversely blocking this enzyme will lower blood pressure.

First generation ACE inhibitors ex. linisopril, and most of all the drugs ending in the last with ---pril. Lots of side effects.

second generation (ARB angio receptor blocking also called ACE2) less side effects and the particular class of drug under discussion because of specific target site.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
635 members (007FJ, 257Bob, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,838 guests, and 1,424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,259
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.