Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I dunno where GM gets wiring harnesses from.
Since they world source, who knows.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by hookeye
Electronics manufacture, you can run some pretty wicked tests. hell of a screening process.
IIRC 95+% of the stuff that came back for check was found to be fine.
Car came in with an issue, dealers made silly money off shotgun approach (just swap a few parts all at once).

Testing, isn't just pass/fail. They look for issues that could come up later. Pretty fine toothed comb.

When stuff was bad, and caught in house............usually it was a supplier part or equipment issue that F'd em.
Delco used to have a team of engineers that went to suppliers and helped them get their acts together.

Caught a few that lied about their processes and testing too. Sunsabitches.

This doesn't explain why GM can't make a passenger window switch for a P/U truck that lasts more than 23 months.

Horseshit! I've never had any GM switch go out in 30 years, at least! Jayzus, where does this crap come from.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ribka
Or a transmission that doesn't crap out after 30000 miles

Electronics manufacture, you can run some pretty wicked tests. hell of a screening process.
IIRC 95+% of the stuff that came back for check was found to be fine.
Car came in with an issue, dealers made silly money off shotgun approach (just swap a few parts all at once).

Testing, isn't just pass/fail. They look for issues that could come up later. Pretty fine toothed comb.

When stuff was bad, and caught in house............usually it was a supplier part or equipment issue that F'd em.
Delco used to have a team of engineers that went to suppliers and helped them get their acts together.

Caught a few that lied about their processes and testing too. Sunsabitches.

This doesn't explain why GM can't make a passenger window switch for a P/U truck that lasts more than 23 months.

Yet again, more horse hockey.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Is it the switch or a pinched harness in the door (broken wire from door to body area)?

My Jeep GC from 94 did that after 20 yrs. I just got another from the junkyard for $15.
New replacement was of very limited stock, wanted 150. Fugg that.

Last edited by hookeye; 03/28/20.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Now we will be getting calls to buy this extended warranty
"one more time before they remove you from our list"

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I never worked at an auto assembly plant.

Just electronics.
Nobody I knew Fd up product on purpose.
A few rednecks might kill a machine to stop production, to force weekend overtime.

Production output, no damage to product. Nobody wanted junk out.

They had a suggestion system, that if you helped quality or production, you could make extra.
Can't remember if max payout per suggestion was 10K or 20K.
Of course sometime later they reduced the payout amounts and eventually changed the whole suggestion system.

They changed the system, the max award was still 20k. There was a committee that would evaluate your suggestion, the formula to calculate the award was more complex. They needed firm numbers on the cost to implement the suggestion and the cost savings over a year's time. Some awards were required to run for the full year. I couldn't use the value of lost product due to down time as part of the savings.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Ummmm, GM doesn't make the switch. They probably don't even design it.

Oh boy...

That was part of the Spaniard's major cost savings that he taught GM. Part suppliers were given the specs for a part, the supplier was required to design the part, securing the tooling and materials to produce the part.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

365 members (1lesfox, 2500HD, 264mag, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 39 invisible), 1,683 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,062
Posts18,463,354
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.