Originally Posted by Tejano
I would talk to my doctor and if he said ok then I would buy trip insurance that would cover cancellations for what ever reason.

I would bring good masks for airports and planes, hand sanitizer and disinfectant, and a dose of tamaflu. Your doctor or the CDC may suggest other preventatives.

It may actually be a good time to fly. No lines and suspect people will be quarantined. Less traffic from countries with a high incidence of COVID-19.

It is very serious and the statistics are skewed now as far as percentage of deaths, by june we should have better data. With more accurate data I suspect the 2-3% death rate will drop. The 80% of cases being non critical or non life threatening is probably accurate.

Africa has it's fair share of deadly diseases Corona may turn out to be relatively minor compared to some of the others. Do get a yellow fever vaccine and ask about anti malarial drugs if you will be anywhere near possible sources. Again check with your doctor and the CDC recommendations.

Just wanted to add that masks are mostly to prevent someone infected from coughing on another person. They may have some limited benefit to the user but not very significant, although it won't hurt.

From what I have seen (limited) trip insurance does not cover pandemics. At least it didn't for my wife's trips to Palm Spring and Europe. Check.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.