Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Many a person goes thru life and spends more money on vehicles than any other thing they buy/own, and a very rich man I know told his brother one time that all any of them could do was get you from here to there, and you will ride cheaper on the Buick than the Cadillac.....he always drove a old Buick.

O.B.Wallace
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blueboy
Many a person goes thru life and spends more money on vehicles than any other thing they buy/own, and a very rich man I know told his brother one time that all any of them could do was get you from here to there, and you will ride cheaper on the Buick than the Cadillac.....he always drove a old Buick.

My new truck will tow 21,000lbs. that is more than just point A to point B

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by irfubar

Understood, I have done much the same. I drove a 1970 Chevy 4x4 for 20 yrs. I was able to rebuild everything on it including the engine over the years.
Last month I bought my first new vehicle a Ram 3500 with a Cummins and a 20yr 200K warranty, I am 58 so it should last me forever. wink
Hard to change old habits though, I bought the tradesman package, $10 to $20K cheaper than the fancy models, yet still fancier than anything I have owned previous.

We have a lot in common! In 2017 I bought a 2017 Toyota Tundra, it was one owner used, sold to that original owner in Oct 2016 and he put on 20K miles. I got a great deal. Plan on it being on the road until at least 2027.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Blueboy

Grandpa told me, many years ago, "A fool will drive around in a brand new shiny vehicle, if he has to sit on his naked azz to do it."
Ha!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I figured prices would drop until Detroit shut the plants down and now I don't know. I'm pretty sure used private party prices will drop as people walk away from their expensive trucks with big payments.

I've wanted a new(er) truck for 10 years (I sold my 1995 Ford earlier this year) and we've been saving for one. I've spent quite a few nights on the Ram website surfing zip codes, looking for a truck with the options I wanted. I found one in Wyoming; 3500, Cummins HO, Laramie, Level 1 options with towing tech, safety and some other stuff. It was driven by the dealership and had a few miles on it. It looked good so I gave them my credit card number and put $500 on it. We drove over yesterday and picked it up. Since it had a few miles the price was the best I've found in the last few months I've been looking, even better than the guys in Kellogg and Caldwell. I opted for the 84 months at 0% interest. I told the finance guy I couldn't believe he was going to let me drive away with only $500 and a signature, he said "when people have credit scores like yours I never have to worry". The idea of having a payment bugs me but it's the only money I owe and the rate is 0%, and the money I saved for the truck will now go to investments. Hopefully this will be the last truck I ever buy.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by stomatador
I figured prices would drop until Detroit shut the plants down and now I don't know. I'm pretty sure used private party prices will drop as people walk away from their expensive trucks with big payments.

I've wanted a new(er) truck for 10 years (I sold my 1995 Ford earlier this year) and we've been saving for one. I've spent quite a few nights on the Ram website surfing zip codes, looking for a truck with the options I wanted. I found one in Wyoming; 3500, Cummins HO, Laramie, Level 1 options with towing tech, safety and some other stuff. It was driven by the dealership and had a few miles on it. It looked good so I gave them my credit card number and put $500 on it. We drove over yesterday and picked it up. Since it had a few miles the price was the best I've found in the last few months I've been looking, even better than the guys in Kellogg and Caldwell. I opted for the 84 months at 0% interest. I told the finance guy I couldn't believe he was going to let me drive away with only $500 and a signature, he said "when people have credit scores like yours I never have to worry". The idea of having a payment bugs me but it's the only money I owe and the rate is 0%, and the money I saved for the truck will now go to investments. Hopefully this will be the last truck I ever buy.

Congratulations on the new truck. I've driven HD trucks for many years. One of the best maintenance items is rotating the tires regularly. The tires are expensive and the truck is a beast. Tire rotation pays dividends.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by stomatador

Bought my last truck about a year ago. A 3/4 Dodge diesel 4x4. It’s almost paid off.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by SFCSNOW
With everything going on do you think prices will go down? If so how much?

Toyota here has shut down. Don't beleave auto mfg is an essential business. That may cause dealers to hold firm on prices.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dealers are going to have trucks on their lots when the plants start back up. But, everyone who was laid off and didn’t have savings to make it through will now be in debt and not be looking to buy a vehicle. I’d suspect we’ll see more supply than demand. Buyers market in 3 months.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by irfubar

Understood, I have done much the same. I drove a 1970 Chevy 4x4 for 20 yrs.

Love those trucks! Do you still have it?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Look at it from the dealers circumstance and act accordingly... play by your opponents rules..

They don't own anything on their lot... they have it financed thru the bank...

at the end of the month, they're interest payment is due...the long a vehicle sets on the lot, the more they have tied up
in their overhead.. so less profit, so they want it off the lot...

they also have quotas.. and when the market is slow, and they are meeting them they get real flexible...

Don't buy something thru the internet,.. they are going to make excuses to try and trick you into upping your purchase price..
they don't care if they back out of a deal.. only YOU think you have a 'done deal'...

do a little research... dealers typically have into most vehicles about 82-85% of the sticker price into a vehicle.. dealer price..

you show up last day of the month, face to face... have your financing all ready arranged thru your local bank...

go in about 3 hours before they close on the last day of the month....

Quota and results are breathing down their neck.. interest payment is due tomorrow..

They will have pressure to make a deal big time...if they don't show it, then they are over quota, so walk..

always be there face to face... they aren't going to pull this " well someone else, has offered a better price" if you are there to witness whether they are stating fact, or lying to you.. thinking you are a fish on the line.. as they always pull this crap at the 12th hour...that is their tactics.. don't play their game.. or it rapes YOUR wallet...

you be in control, instead of letting them be in control...last day of the month and last hours of the day, they have pressures that can quickly take away their mind games...don't make it an 'emotional" purchase.. those are they people they are trained to rape..

don't be afraid to walk.. that puts you in the drivers seat.. not them...

from their point of view.. they are the fisherman and you are the fish....don't play their games...

most recently I went thru this with one of my cousins.. his wife is the wheeler dealer in his family... she went back to the dealer, probably 3 times in 3 months.. last day of the month and last hours of the day...she was interested in a full loaded Accord, which wasn't moving.. after the third month, she told them she had a budget of $21,500.. the car she wanted was $33K on sticker..
salesman said they couldn't do that.. so she told him that was her budget and she'd keep looking..

he called her after they closed that day, was sitting in her drive way on their farm.. with the car she wanted, with the paperwork..
the dealer had told the sales rep, they'd take the offer, if she bought the car that evening.. they made the deal for $21, 500...

they asked her "NOT to tell her friends".....car had 500 miles on it, so the dealer had gotten some of his money using it as a demonstrator...new car warranty all the way...it was a 2019 and he 2020s were coming onto the lot....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Not being specific in any way, but there is a TON of misinformation in a TON of posts above.... Man alive.... Some very good posts - some just plain hilarious... smile smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[quote=Capt_CraigI just went through a similar situation with one of the boat owners I work with, who was going to take delivery of a new C8 Corvette. The car is built and sitting in a lot waiting for delivery. The stealership told him that they suddenly could not deliver the car for the price they quoted him, and the car price would now increase by an additional $10k. This on a car that cost $90k and that he had paid a deposit for back in August. What the stealership failed to understand is that this guy had previously purchased a number of corvettes through them, including two C7 ZO6s, an C6 ZL1, and a few top level Camaros as well for his kids.
He bought the C8 to drive until they produce a ZO6, that he likely would have ordered from them as well. He told them to go fugg themselves and keep the vette, as well as advising them they had lost a long time high end customer. They tried to sweet talk him and tell him it was a mistake, but he was having none of that. He said he sat down in the Sales Manager’s office, got a cup of coffee, and called one of the big name corvette dealers on speaker making a deal for almost exactly the same car for only $550 over what he would have originally paid. He said he did the whole deal on speaker with the stealership Sales Manager sitting there, and should have the car next week. Fugg them.[/quote]

The guy you work with wins the award for champion BS'er of the year. To start with, how could he make a deal to order a $90K car without paperwork showing what he would pay for it when it arrived? Anyone with half a brain would insist of seeing paperwork showing the deposit and price of the car. All the big dealers were sold out of allocations months ago for a 2020 C8. There is no way in hell this guy made a phone call and has a car being shipped to him unless he is paying many thousands of dollars above MSRP.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dodge did have employee pricing not too long ago.
Couple years back I got my ram 2500 Cummins 4x big horn quad cab for 45,5 from Dave Smith.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Ford doing 0% for 84 on 2019s or making the first three payments on a 2020 and allowing you to defer the next three has been moving a lot of vehicles here in NE. I think another reason is there are a lot of people "working from home" which must be code for "shopping for a new vehicle". They're making great deals but, other than the financing options, the prices haven't gone any lower than they were in Nov/Dec.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'd like to buy a new truck, but it won't happen until the EPA drops the emissions mandates. I'll never buy something that will strand me on the side of the road because the exhaust fails exhausting.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

374 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 160user, 1lesfox, 163bc, 12344mag, 38 invisible), 2,071 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,493
Posts18,452,340
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.