Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
My superintendent has it the other superintendence wife has it my foreman has it he gave it to his wife and one laborer that’s out of seven guys in the crew. Two laborers a dock builder and myself did not contract. We We’re working up in Manhattan 63rd and York Avenue ,buy all the hospitals, Sloan Kettering and so forth damn hotspot. I left on the 12th I befriended a nurse up there and she said if I can get the hell out of the city which I did one week earlier than those guys. They into it for 10 days now my superintendent is having a little tough time with it he’s 64 and my other superintendence wife is having lung issues and she’s only 43 no respirator yet. I consider myself very lucky , So far.I live in rural Pennsylvania I’ve been in my house since the 12th of this month, my doc said I’m good to go.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Does anyone actually know a person infected with this virus? Not a cousin of a friend, or the second cousin of a friend of the kid who cuts your grass, etc. Do you actually know a friend or a relative that has it and been confirmed by a doctor?

No, not yet.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
No one I know.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No one I know.

My curiosity causes me to ask, how was it passed to these people? I guess its hard to tell at this point?

I'm "essential" and my job takes me into nursing facilities and other medical customers. I really don't want it or bring it home and doing my best to take all precautions. My primary doc told me to be very wary of the nursing homes. He also thinks gas stations, convenience stores could be vectors.

Screw the flu

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't know anybody that has it. In fact, the county I live in doesn't have one single case of it. ZERO cases.

IC B2

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
The father of a dear friend and colleague died from it night before last.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I live in a 6 square mile suburb of Seattle with 20,000 people, 34 cases of COVID-19.
We have 3 grocery stores, so that is ~ 11 cases per grocery store.

I hunt in a small town in MT where there are no cases within 100 miles.
They have 1 grocery stores for 100 miles around.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I live in a county that has about 75k people in it and a University with about 20K students a lot of which are still in town. The first case in the county was reported last night.

Harry
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My aunt passed away from complications Monday night. She was almost 90, in poor health, and lived in NYC

I live in a 6600 square mile county with 68000 people with 0 confirmed cases so know of no one here with it.

Last edited by JDK; 03/29/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Friends just down the road a couple miles have all tested positive. Got it from their niece’s wedding a week ago. Their niece is a nurse and required hospitalization for a couple of days. Friends had low grade fever and didn’t feel well for 3-4 days and now getting better.

CK
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Just don't take ibuprofen if you feel symptoms coming on. Doctors are saying that it kick starts this crazy thing into viral pneumonia, which is the deadly complication.
Weird cause that is fine to take with a normal flu.
They are saying those that don't take Advil do much better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of my nieces. She works in an x-ray office.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Guys, something I dont understand is so many saying the H1N1 under Zero was a whole lot worse. Some 60 million in the US contracted it, there were 275,000 hospitalizations and 12,500 deaths.

Yet, I never heard of countries having a shortage of respirators, sick drs and nurses, inadequate hospital space or rationing of care. Anywhere.

So, how is it so many say it was worse?

I think those Flu mortality numbers are actually low, but, from what I am seeing locally, the patients that are requiring hospitalization are presenting with severe symptoms and disease progression at a much higher rate than with influenza. I work at the largest hospital in northern AZ and well over half of our total critical care capacity is full of Covid or Covid rule outs. Almost all of these patients in ICU have severe ARDS requiring full support. I have never ever seen this much influenza causing this severe disease at one time. Never have we had to convert beds to ICU beds for influenza overflow. Never had twenty plus influenza patients all on vents at once for influenza. This has all cropped up in the last 7-10 days.

Reported numbers are lagging for sure. This is definitely killing people. I think/hope it is less virulent than influenza but even at a total mortality rate of 1.5% that’s way above the rate of typical influenza and that’s how it’s presenting. Given the rate this escalated locally there’s every reason to suspect it will get worse before it gets better

It’s not just ventilators that are a concern, we’re running out of drugs quickly. As this becomes more prevalent space, vents, drugs, and as hospital personnel start getting sick that’s gonna make things worse as well

It appears the Phoenix area is faring far better so far which is a good sign, we’re kind of isolated here in Northern AZ but drug shortages affect everyone and that’s coming down the pike

More good news is that so far the data on kids is holding up here, it’s not killing them

The severe patients are mostly people over 55 but there are some standouts

This is not a fabricated conspiracy by the left. This bug can be nasty. Overall mortality is low. But if you’re one of the unlucky ones then it’s a real bad deal

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And so far I don’t know anyone personally that has it

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Just the folks that the media thinks I should care about. No one at all locally.

1Minute
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
One of my reports at work had a son confirmed on Friday.
3 people have been sent home with High Temps but the company is not passing on any more information.
HR was in NY on Tuesday last and returned to work Wed to be sent home by the company lawyers Thursday and she was back at work on Friday??????
I do not work directly with these people who are on different floors than I but there are a lot of questions being asked by other employees and not answered.
The business has a Government Priority Level contract and is staying open.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KenMi
Just don't take ibuprofen if you feel symptoms coming on. Doctors are saying that it kick starts this crazy thing into viral pneumonia, which is the deadly complication.
Weird cause that is fine to take with a normal flu.
They are saying those that don't take Advil do much better.

stop perpetuating a lie, WHO and many other medical professionals agree that the rumor had zero backing.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
This guy I know his brother-in-law had it. His description of it has everyone I have related it to have a OMG reaction.
He said it was like having GLASS SHARDS in your lungs.

Last edited by benquick; 03/29/20.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Yeah, it's a tough call. If I were suffering from a disease, I would not want the world to know.

It wouldn't make any difference to me.

I assume that everybody has it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Not yet thankfully!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

592 members (06hunter59, 22250rem, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,281
Posts18,448,539
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.