Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I've catching up on episodes and I just finished the 2019 season, but I might have missed recording an episode. So questions: is there an episode between the one where those guys get surrounded in the woods by that crazy broad and her skin people and the final one? Also, when did they all stop using firearms and just start using stupid bows and arrows? Seems to me they could have easily shot their way out that night when they got surrounded by the skin people instead of just having gay bows and knives...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When, don't know. Ran out of ammo and no one knew how to load their own, or more likely that virtual signaling told the show to quit using guns. Probably the latter.

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe they were practicing "social distancing" and the good guys all ran away?

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never figured Jorge for a TWD fan.

Dig deep into the insanity...

TWD Wiki TV Seasons

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
They had a "reloading" theme for a few episodes a few years ago. The creepy Eugene guy had a small reloading plant going for Negan's group, which he intentionally sabotaged to help Rick's group. I figured the LIEberal writers decide to NOT glorify the advantages of firearms, so they wrote them out. Alternate reality, Libs n all. The show is a soap opera with a zombie background, my wife watches it, I mostly mock it.

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Never could get into it!

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Havent even watched one episode, so i have no clue what your asking.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I've catching up on episodes and I just finished the 2019 season, but I might have missed recording an episode. So questions: is there an episode between the one where those guys get surrounded in the woods by that crazy broad and her skin people and the final one? Also, when did they all stop using firearms and just start using stupid bows and arrows? Seems to me they could have easily shot their way out that night when they got surrounded by the skin people instead of just having gay bows and knives...

The sound of gunfire will bring more zombies than available cartridges to eliminate them.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by jorgeI

The sound of gunfire will bring more zombies than available cartridges to eliminate them.

Everyone knows this.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I knew/know about the gunfire issue, but they were going after people, but still, I believe it was socially motivated, just like the disproportionate number of homos/dykes/mudharks.... I've quit watching with the last season finale and besides all the chicks are either fugly and titles.. As it turns out, I didn't miss any, but the bridge between episode 8 & 9 was pretty weak.

Last edited by jorgeI; 03/29/20.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Heym06
Havent even watched one episode, so i have no clue what your asking.

Just like to read your own words on the screen?

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Never seen it. But they have filmed a bunch of the episodes here on our county road. Seriously. We have a movie studio about a mile down the road from us up on the hwy.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm among the never watched/don't care to, but to each his own.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I quit watching when the show caught the GAY.

Years ago.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
On a related note. I find myself not interested in anything in the way of television or movies anymore. TV is generally on as it is now but the war dept is watching it.

I just don’t care about them anymore. Been reading a LOT again here lately.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Season 9 is set either 6 or 9 years into the zombie apocalypse, I forget. There is a scene in season 10 where the priest Gabriel takes two carefully wrapped 12 gauge shells out of a box, presumably he had been storing them for some special need. The ammo supply simply ran out, that's why they don't all carry firearms anymore.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
. . . I find myself not interested in anything in the way of television . . . TV is generally on as it is now but the war dept is watching it.

I just don’t care . . . Been reading a LOT

Paraphrasing, but pretty much sums up my whole life. I do watch a movie now and then, but not many. I think Gran Torino was the last one I thought was really good.

Back to the OP; TWD was OK at first, I suppose. My wife watched it and I caught a few episodes. But as a previous poster stated, it soon became little more than a soap opera. Dynasty with zombies. Meh.

Evil Negan was the coolest character on the show. Now I guess he's all warm and fuzzy . . .

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wish I could help Jorge. I quit watching after Season 4. Just could not stomach it any more. 😬

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The show feels like it's written by women these days, everything is all about touchy-feely, not the bad assery and regular people growing into bad asses that made the show so popular in the first place.

But even that I can overlook. The thing that annoys the hell out of me is that, tactically speaking, these people are complete freakin' idiots. A moderately intelligent troop of girl scouts could outmaneuver and outfight them. They never have an advance guard or flank security, not even someone on point. They just walk around in a big mob all la-de-da out in the middle of open fields, they drive right up to roadblocks like "oh, duh, what could this be? Let's all bunch up around it.". They've fallen into ambush after ambush that could have been easily avoided by even one person out scouting 50-75 yards ahead, and they do it over and over and over and over.

I'd believe a real zombie apocalypse could happen before I'll believe that these total idiots actually survived 6 or 9 years with so many people looking to kill them.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Wish I could help Jorge. I quit watching after Season 4. Just could not stomach it any more. 😬

That and way too many gun mistakes. Rick using empty cases, no sights on AR's, all kinds haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 30 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,468
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.