Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This disease is going to kill a lot of poor folks in violent areas like Baltimore, Ferguson, S.E. LA, Oakland, Minneapolis, and Detroit
what the hell are you talking about, Minneapolis has some of the best hospitals in the entire country.

I used to live right by North Memorial.

BP-B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by TX35W
The context for this matters:

60,000 Americans die from the flu every year. About 40,000 die in car accidents, 20,000 die in homocides and 60,000 die from suicide. Meanwhile, 600,000 die from cancer and 650,000 die from heart disease every year.

I think if those numbers were mentioned alongside any projected COVID-19 death rates, it would cause us all to settle down a bit.

Is covid-19 going to add to this number or just replace the cause of death?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Pat85

60,000 Americans die from the flu every year. About 40,000 die in car accidents, 20,000 die in homocides and 60,000 die from suicide. Meanwhile, 600,000 die from cancer and 650,000 die from heart disease every year.

I think if those numbers were mentioned alongside any projected COVID-19 death rates, it would cause us all to settle down a bit.

So if someone has lung cancer, heart disease and has lost several limbs to diabetic and contracts COVID-19, is it really a "Corona Death"?

How we count does matter.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
There are multiple reports that sound like we'll have a vaccine within a year. In easy terms, the coro-19 virus is a simple virus when compared to a complex flu virus-hence it will an easier vaccine to develop. The coro-19 virus mutates very slow when compared to a flu virus and unlike flu virus only coro-19 only has a single core of RNA which seems to remain constant.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/19...virus-drugs-and-vaccines-in-development/

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
In the USA, Wednesday there were 1000 dead. Saturday night it hit 2000. Might be something to be concerned about.

I'm more concerned about our economy at this point by a wide margin. Gonna be a long cold summer if this drags out another 6 weeks or more, which I think it will.
I'm betting [bleep] gets way worse, Biden gets elected
And a week later it's over.

Jack,

It took China 62 days to turn the corner. We are at day 40.

1. if you believe China
2. if we are willing to do what China did (assuming they were even successful)

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pat85

So if someone has lung cancer, heart disease and has lost several limbs to diabetic and contracts COVID-19, is it really a "Corona Death"?

How we count does matter.

Reminds me of the 104 year old guy in mn that died from corona...ahem. Well, probably not. Yet he's counted as one of our 5 deaths from it.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I can see this happening if we don't do something to flatten the curve. Then there is the "collateral damage", the people with other issues who won't be able to get the care that they need. The "entitled" and the "privileged" need to pay attention.

lightman
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Feb 29 first C 19 death in US
Mar 4 11 dead
Mar 8 22 dead
Mar 12 41 dead
Mar 16 87 dead
Mar 20 255 dead
Mar 24 780 dead
Mar 28 2220 dead

Infection rates are meaningless because we are not testing properly.

Where are the bodies?

Predicting exponential growth? You must be a liberal commie queer.

Folks, this is what four weeks of exponential growth looks like.

Those who observed the early days in China and Italy predicted a doubling every four days. We are seeing worse than that in US.

We are on track for :
Apr 1 5,000 dead
Apr 5 10,000 dead
Apr 9 20,000 dead
Apr 13 40,000 dead in the USA. And there is a good chance we will just be getting started at that point

Any body ever see the flu do that? Since 1918 anyway?

No I am not panicking. But I am prepared to spend a few weeks inside the doors of my house when such is needed.

Yeah, maybe the authorities just might have cause for concern.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe that many will die in NYC alone. Those snowflakes are also bent on destroying Florida. Sometimes the Interstate Commerce Clause isn't so good...a slight flaw in the Constitution???

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
This disease is going to kill a lot of poor folks in violent areas like Baltimore, Ferguson, S.E. LA, Oakland, Minneapolis, and Detroit
what the hell are you talking about, Minneapolis has some of the best hospitals in the entire country.

I used to live right by North Memorial.

They also have a big population of Somalis who don't wash and have extremely poor habits. New York has some of the best hospitals in the nation. But they have spreaders. Haitians working in Flushing that work in the big mansions of the blue elites in Long Island. You will notice that they are the spreaders.

Mardi Gras nailed Louisiana.

New Yorkers are spreading it up and down the coast.

Atlanta will be a hotspot.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by KFWA
In the USA, Wednesday there were 1000 dead. Saturday night it hit 2000. Might be something to be concerned about.

I'm more concerned about our economy at this point by a wide margin. Gonna be a long cold summer if this drags out another 6 weeks or more, which I think it will.

Jack,

1. if you believe China

Even if I don't believe the Chinese, Japanese, Korea, Singapore, I believe them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by KFWA

Jack,

1. if you believe China

It is six weeks too late to even think of doing what china did. China quarantined at gun point, a small region of the nation and held the contagion within that region.

This virus is in every region of our nation coast to coast, through Canada and South into Mexico.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How long until we're all dead?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Soon if you believe some of those Experts. 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not soon enough...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well if we keep doubling deaths every 4 days, we should all be gone by June.
don't think so...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm calling BS on this.As I'm writing this 35,563 have die worldwide.The world population is 7.8 billion.The odds of dying really are not that great.These confirmed cases are another issue.Some people test positive and have no symptoms.It could be false positives or they could be carriers with no symptoms.Just keep in mind there,there are people all over the world,including some in this Country that would love to see President Trump removed from office and our economy collapse. President Trump is not a Globalist.Globalist hate a strong America.They feel it unfair to them.He is not for giving American taxpayer dollars away all over the world so people can get rich by stealing our money through their dirty little deals at the same time driving up our debt.He's for America First like it should be.I hope like hell we beat this virus and I hope like hell he get re-elcted for another term.You will see an America like most of y'all have never known.An America where just about everything you buy has Made In The USA on it.I saw those manufacturing jobs rapidly leaving our country in the 1970's,I think this event proves to us we need a lot of those jobs back.Here is a good link I found on tracking this virus.It is highly contagious,but the medical people are finding out more and more your best overall defense is still,keep your hands washed,don't touch your mouth,nose and eyes and there is a very good change you will not get the virus. https://www.theepochtimes.com/ccp-virus

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by hanco
I don’t think any of the MFer’s know!

PREZACTLY! And that was my point Hanco!

I’m so sick of hearing how many will die!!!

They are selling death doom and destruction... politicians and media world wide..

its all about the shock factor.. control of the public and what little freedoms we think we have..

terror gets attention...

100 to 200,000 Americans will die this year of something....
exactly as Mad Mooner says...

heck, I am waiting for people like our stupid Queen/Governor, to start blaming traffic accident deaths on the drivers and passengers died because they had the corona virus...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't be surprised to see 300,000 people die from a virus between now and the end of eternity

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Soon if you believe some of those Experts. 😡

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
354 members (160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 37 invisible), 2,025 guests, and 905 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.