Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Twenty five or so years ago I thought something was bound to happen that would be devastating to our way of life. About then I started reading books on survival, mostly rural living and self dependency. I live in the mountains around 6500 feet, small city 10 miles away.

I'm pretty much off the grid, I don't have solar for the home but can deal with that if needed, the well is on solar and it has a 1500 gallon storage tank, I can tap that electrical system when needed. Elk and deer are abundant within walking distance. I'm good for over a year without any animals, so I could extend the time with hunting.

I'm more than willing to help my neighbors if they need it. I doubt if this go around will take millions of Americans out, but next time will be worse. Learn form this experience and get ready.

When my internet goes out, I'm gonna be bored out of my mind.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Faucci is a political animal who really doesn't know his azz from a hole in the ground & is badly out of touch with everyday reality & anything resembling hands on medicine.

Right now any number is a pure fantasy, high or low.

MM

He graduated from Cornell Medical College first in his class. He's received quite a bit of recognition for his professional achievements. He is regularly receiving information from the finest immunologists and epidemologists in the world. His prediction of up to 200,000 fatalities is consistent with what other experts have said and continue to say. I'd much rather know the worst case scenario than have someone blow smoke up my ass. What are your qualifications?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Fauci#Background_and_education

I'll repeat what I said; he's 80 years old, an administrator & a political animal with very left Hitlery fan) leanings.

He is not in the mainstream of hands on medical or lab work; go get some of the people actually doing the lab work & analysis..........they will be current, accurate & far more believable than Fauci.

What he done in the past is in the past, it what he actually doing or not doing right now that matters.

And by the way GFY.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rusky
Twenty five or so years ago I thought something was bound to happen that would be devastating to our way of life. About then I started reading books on survival, mostly rural living and self dependency. I live in the mountains around 6500 feet, small city 10 miles away.

I'm pretty much off the grid, I don't have solar for the home but can deal with that if needed, the well is on solar and it has a 1500 gallon storage tank, I can tap that electrical system when needed. Elk and deer are abundant within walking distance. I'm good for over a year without any animals, so I could extend the time with hunting.

I'm more than willing to help my neighbors if they need it. I doubt if this go around will take millions of Americans out, but next time will be worse. Learn form this experience and get ready.

buy a large type bible. plenty of reading for years and large type for older eyes and lower light.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Rusky

buy a large type bible. plenty of reading for years and large type for older eyes and lower light.

Are those better eating?

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I’m holding out hope that by the time I come out of Irfubar’s bunker a vaccine will be available.

PS

Needing a new batch of hookers, running low on blow and Red Bull as mixer....Send more ASAP.

😎

Piss off! I never got no invite......

You are one of the reasons we are in the bunker...... how is your covid coming along?

Spreading rapidly!

Ok Jim, you can hang out in the bunker.... if you will provide Beav with varmint shootin opportunities.... he loves that chit and is a stone cold killer

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by 280shooter
How long until we're all dead?

Soon if you believe some of those Experts. 😡

No, the intelligent question is, "How long until we have all been exposed and either get sick, or not. Either die or not."

That is when this will be over. I have been saying for about three weeks, that will be July 4. But infection and death rates are climbing much faster than was ever predicted three weeks ago. We might be able to move that date forward a couple or three weeks.

No one EVER claimed ALL would die. The worst projections have been one to two percent of the population.

It is a bell curve, not an exponential graph into infinity.

I've been prepared for years, that's why I'm not panicking.

I am glad to hear you are well stocked with toilet paper.

[Linked Image from memecreator.org]

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

It took China 62 days to turn the corner. We are at day 40.

China took 62 days to stop reporting, no corner was ever turned.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Washington State had it first.

It's peaked, and about over there.

World didn't end.

Same thing will happen in NY, and everywhere else.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Fubarski

World didn't end.

NYC's driving this countries numbers. Once they peak our numbers will start looking a lot better.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

It took China 62 days to turn the corner. We are at day 40.

China took 62 days to stop reporting, no corner was ever turned.

Listen to the earnings calls from U.S companies with a large Chinese presence, Apple, Nike, Starbux, Yum Brands, etc. Apple's back to work, same for Nike. These are observable, measurable events and this data's not coming from the Chinese government, but U.S. companies responsible to U.S shareholders and accountable to U.S courts.

Just because we don't trust the Chinese Government, that doesn't mean there are not other ways to get at the data.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So...1-200,000 people are expected to die in America over a 10 month period.

Answer this. How many of those have died anyway?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
Originally Posted by TX35W
The context for this matters:

60,000 Americans die from the flu every year. About 40,000 die in car accidents, 20,000 die in homocides and 60,000 die from suicide. Meanwhile, 600,000 die from cancer and 650,000 die from heart disease every year.

I think if those numbers were mentioned alongside any projected COVID-19 death rates, it would cause us all to settle down a bit.

But the issue is that deaths from the virus could be in addition to those figures. It isn't a trade off.

True, these are big numbers and they represent, at least in part, additional deaths, BUT if you look at the probability of any one individual dying from COVID-19 out of a total population of 330,000,000 it is still less than 1%. That's not to say that each death isn't a tragedy for the deceased's family and friends.

In round numbers the probability of a random individual dying from COVID-19 looks something like this, assuming that I got the numbers and division right.

200,000 out of 330,000,000

600 out of every 1,000,000

60 out of every 100,000

6 out of every 10,000

1 out of every 1,650

What I don't understand is how a densely packed country like China could have so many fewer cases and deaths.

At this rate, the NYC metro area with 20,100,000 residents could see a death toll from COVID-19 of around 12,000. I wonder how many people die in the NYC metro area on an average day from anything/everything other than COVID-19?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

75K to 175K

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell

The term you are looking for is "excess deaths".

How many "excess deaths" will there be attributable to COVID-19.

From the nursing home in Washington State, the answer if probably close to zero.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I think we will have to compare the death rate over the period, per 100K people, over the average. An uptick might be valid CV19 effect.Lot's of people already at death's door, who wouldn't make it another year regardless.
Right, but they will be counted as Corona Virus deaths with no mention that strangely the deaths from other causes are down for the same period.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fubarski

World didn't end.

Umm, the military just showed up to set up on station med facility in Seahawks stadium.

Thinking it ain’t over there.

Why haven’t you given your plasma as a way to make a treatment?

You kicked its ass, or was that hay fever you beat with a Claritin?

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In 2018, a total of 2,839,205 resident deaths were registered in the United States—25,702 more deaths than in 2017. From 2017 to 2018, the age-adjusted death rate for the total population decreased 1.1%, and life expectancy at birth increased 0.1 year. Age-specific death rates between 2017 and 2018 decreased for age groups 15–24, 25–34, 45–54, 65–74, 75–84, and 85 and over.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db355.htm

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Seattle suburb zip code just started getting data.

I can calculate the doubling rate the easy way from two data points. Everyone else will lead you on a goose chase solving an exponential equation. .

New/corrected data:
3/25/2020 21
3/27/2020 31
3/28/2020 35
3/29/2020 39

4 days ln [double =2] / ln (39/21) = doubling time

2.77/ .619 = doubling in 4.5 days

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Living in NY, I'm watching the local news and they are turning Aquaduct Racetrack facilities into a temporary hospital. Dr.s and nurses are working around the clock. Retired Drs and medical students are being asked to pitch in. My son works for a medical college and many of the students are volunteering their time. My niece is a nurse who was working as a nursing teacher and was asked to help out at the hospital. My sister is making surgical masks. We have over 1,000 dead here in just the past 10 days. People, this is no joke. Even here I'm seeing people much too close and not observing distancing protocols. Also, this is not just killing the old with other medical conditions, otherwise healthy young people have died from it. This is NOT like the regular flu as this thing hits an area hard and all at once. The bodies pile up quickly and it takes resources away from people who might need assistance/care for other medical issues. If people don't take every measure to prevent getting infected, the numbers could easily reach the projected numbers. It's like what Dirty Harry said, "Do you feel lucky punk?"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Simple math, if nothing was done, the death toll would be like a flu season. about 35,000 at 0.1% rate, COVOD-19 kills at a rate of 0.6% so 6x 35,000= 210,000. The 0.6% is from South Korea , other countries report higher rates.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

453 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 48 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,490
Posts18,452,094
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.