Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
OAM Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
I just watched two different youtube tutorials on measuring your draw length. Both yielded the same answer. 29.5" However, I am hesitant to buy one until a professional has measured it. I guess my bow is at the mercy of C19 now.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Stating what someone's draw length will be with a certain type bow has as much meaning as telling them what their shoe size is knowing absolutely nothing about them. Everyone has different length arms and different width shoulders. There is no way that anyone can state what your draw length will be with a compound or any other bow.

Calculations may get you close, but there are too many variables to rely on that. Your anchor point plays a factor in your draw length - I can change my draw length 2" by changing my anchor point. Some shoot with a locked elbow and some with a bent elbow - that is also factor. Are you going to shoot with a release or with fingers? Yet another variable...

The only way to meaningfully measure your draw length is while you're shooting. Until you develop consistent form and anchor point, your draw length will likely vary significantly. The only thing anyone here can tell you about your draw length is that it will likely be longer shooting a compound than shooting a traditional bow.

O
OAM Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by JGray
Stating what someone's draw length will be with a certain type bow has as much meaning as telling them what their shoe size is knowing absolutely nothing about them. Everyone has different length arms and different width shoulders. There is no way that anyone can state what your draw length will be with a compound or any other bow.

Calculations may get you close, but there are too many variables to rely on that. Your anchor point plays a factor in your draw length - I can change my draw length 2" by changing my anchor point. Some shoot with a locked elbow and some with a bent elbow - that is also factor. Are you going to shoot with a release or with fingers? Yet another variable...

The only way to meaningfully measure your draw length is while you're shooting. Until you develop consistent form and anchor point, your draw length will likely vary significantly. The only thing anyone here can tell you about your draw length is that it will likely be longer shooting a compound than shooting a traditional bow.

Thats interesting. Thanks.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JGray

Spot On!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Draw length. Use a tape rule. In simulated full draw, measure distance from anchor point (eye tooth) to furthest point away of bow hand fist.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ye gods, archers sure do talk a lot.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 5thShock
Ye gods, archers sure do talk a lot.

>> you are correct, alot of archer`s feel they know best ,i guess they just wanna help right or wrong. the last state target shoot i was at many were talking what and how to shoot well in the freestyle class for seniors. but not one of them shot a hinge release except for myself,i kinda felt bad taking the trophy home that day,i kinda think that`s what is happening here again,they mean well so we should let them continue.i coached some people who learned how to shoot very well, including my son who holds a unique state indoor record first amateur during a tournament to shoot a perfect 300 -60x at his young age of 17,now days many have done this also.i never myself have done this best i could do was 300 56 x ,do i know archery ? i may know some but not it all,now some will say well that`s target shooting their not bowhunters, my biggest archery bull elk scored 374 B.C. and my son got a bigger bull elk in Montana during archery season a couple of years ago i had called his big bull in.there will be no pictures posted i don`t believe in bragging and showing off to the world, but a few friends on the fire have seen a few pictures. i wish all great archery in the future,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've taken part in some very long, far ranging threads on Leatherwall. Bow shooting technique seems unique to each of us, stuff that works for one may not be even relevant to someone else. The mixture of gross muscular effort and precise motor control that makes up the shot just adds to the fun. Things get complicated fast and it does take a lot of words to contain it all. Lucky we invented campfires and camp coffee.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 5thShock
I've taken part in some very long, far ranging threads on Leatherwall. Bow shooting technique seems unique to each of us, stuff that works for one may not be even relevant to someone else. The mixture of gross muscular effort and precise motor control that makes up the shot just adds to the fun. Things get complicated fast and it does take a lot of words to contain it all. Lucky we invented campfires and camp coffee.

NICE thought,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

395 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 32 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,796
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.