Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
People are going to buy Chinese stuff for decades. It's just way cheaper, and people ain't gonna drop $75 for an American toaster when they can get a Chink one for $7 at Walmart.

You are assuming that China is the cheapest place to build a 7 Dollar toaster.

I think there is going to be a vast awakening in the next few months and people will see how we sold down the river for pennies one the dollar. That is for anyone that has a brain will see this.

THIS.... is what i hope will happen, this will be the war the current generation will hopefully get and become their history... it is time to quarantine the aggressor... the US has made a horrible mistake to support a communist country... it is wrong and should go against the grain and fiber of every US citizen. They do not have their citizens best in mind, regardless of what they eat or have to eat. The Chinese people are not the enemy...
Its their communist government, they have fugged with and tainted the honey they export, when caught they exported thru Vietnam, they brought the US honey producers to their knees in this country. They make our pharmaceuticals...... ! How crazy is that?
It has to stop..and the Chinese government is terrified about what is going to happen to their economy, why do you think they have quit reporting? Not just underreporting.. they did that from the beginning... no they just quit ...
Every chinaman has a cell phone, as of the last 3 months there are 21 million fewer cell phone accounts in China, when it typically grows every year..not saying there are 21 mil dead, but there are a whole lot more than what we are being told.
QUARANTINE THE AGGRESSOR, maybe the silver lining is for the younger generations to get their own history lesson to believe in.

Introducing and effecting capitalism into the core being of China hasn’t all together been a bad thing. At this point they cannot go back to the old days, ala, Russia.

When China first turned towards capitalism the ranking party members balked big time and there came a near coup, it was nasty and it was violent.

But as the premier said “ black cat, white cat, what does it matter if it catches the mouse “ ?

Very pragmatic people who recognized that capitalism would be the quickest path to rebuilding their military.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
One time I shopped for work boots and found almost notihng made in the US. I would prefer to buy and pay more for made in the USA. i think most would. Walmarts of the world are pushing chinese goods, not me.
Back in the '70's, one of the EPA's early major decisions was to outlaw the glue used to attach soles to shoes and boots. There was no suitable substitute so the entire US shoe industry died almost overnight. Only those with sewn-on soles could be made here. All the rest went to China and other countries.
You can't blame Walmart and others for that initial move. It was our own government.

Buy a pair of White's boots; they will outlive just about all of us. I am still using White's that I bought in 1966, with one factory resole.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Bringing manufacturing back into this country requires a workforce that is willing and able to work in manufacturing. For several generations now manufacturing jobs have been considered only for those not smart enough for college, beneath the dignity of a large sector to "get their hands dirty". Henry Ford once said that the average working man "had no more intelligence than an ox", that more than likely had something to do with the move away from manufacturing employment. Most high schools haven't had vocational education for the last several decades, opportunities for training in this country are sorely lacking save for the community college system. Even a two year associate degree is considered inferior to a bachelor degree. Society's thinking needs a paradigm change in the worst way in order to make this happen.

Exactly!

Shop class doesn't exist in most high schools and middle schools/Jr High as we called them. It was probably too male direction sexist. smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Seems this Coronavirus has lasted longer than most anything else China produces

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Bringing manufacturing back into this country requires a workforce that is willing and able to work in manufacturing. For several generations now manufacturing jobs have been considered only for those not smart enough for college, beneath the dignity of a large sector to "get their hands dirty". Henry Ford once said that the average working man "had no more intelligence than an ox", that more than likely had something to do with the move away from manufacturing employment. Most high schools haven't had vocational education for the last several decades, opportunities for training in this country are sorely lacking save for the community college system. Even a two year associate degree is considered inferior to a bachelor degree. Society's thinking needs a paradigm change in the worst way in order to make this happen.

Exactly!

Shop class doesn't exist in most high schools and middle schools/Jr High as we called them. It was probably too male direction sexist. smirk

I guess it depends on where one is at. My cousins boy won the state highschool welding championship, or whatever it is called in that competition, his senior year. We live in an agricultural rural area. He went to school for one year to be a lineman and is now going to school for one year for more welding. In some areas good welders make 6 digit incomes. Much better than many hgher ed jobs with just 2 years of vocational training. He may not do that well here, but who knows.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Very pragmatic people who recognized that capitalism would be the quickest path to rebuilding their military.

Do you really, really think that they are capitalists or have a capitalistic economy??? Really ? Really?

Sure they sell into capitalistic countries & take advantage of being a low cost producer, but their country & it's internal economy is not at all capitalistic.

Go there & start a plan.............the Chinese gov is your 50% partner. Capitalism my azz.

MM

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Do you really, really think that they are capitalists or have a capitalistic economy??? Really ? Really?

Sure they sell into capitalistic countries & take advantage of being a low cost producer, but their country & it's internal economy is not at all capitalistic.

Go there & start a plan.............the Chinese gov is your 50% partner. Capitalism my azz.

MM

Whether you realize it or not you just described exactly what capitalism is.

After working 9 years in the PRC I can tell you that they are ruthless capitalist and capable, diligent negotiators to the Nth degree.

You mentioned partnerships? I’ve yet to see any third world country allow industry to come into their country and just take what they wanted like some had forced on them by our cousins, the British .

The world has changed whereas many Americans haven’t and have a pitifully small view of the whole.

But,,,that’s jmho.

So to answer your multiple questions with just a single word:
Really.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
People are going to buy Chinese stuff for decades. It's just way cheaper, and people ain't gonna drop $75 for an American toaster when they can get a Chink one for $7 at Walmart.

I would...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by aalf
Fact.

On virtually every episode of Shark Tank, every Shark wants to reduce costs by moving production overseas.

Whenever someone came on & wanted to open a business with product built in the US, they were all but booed off the stage.

Yea, but the Sharks are kgunts.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Buy American, or from her allies!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Originally Posted by wabigoon
Before China it was Taiwan, before that, Japan. I threw a Japanese adjustable 12" wrench over the machine shed once.
I wondered at the time how the Japanese could have fought WW2 with junk like that.

It's the fast buck US importers to blame.

Wabi.. You nailed it. The Chinese will build you a Rolex watch better than the original if you set the standard. They only send over here what the importer or business owner accepts. Poor standards, poor products.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Retailers are providing what the customers want.

If companies could make more selling just American, they would. It's interesting how many people preach buying American, but don't back it up with their purchases.

The truth.

Maybe. Mostly, bullshit.

We buy singles. We don't care about 3 or 5% price differences if
It reflects American or better quality.

Big companies? Their accountants see units. Well, unit price.

Where we see $2 difference in a t-shirt, they see
$2/unit x 1,000,000 units= $2,000,000 profit by getting it made by
Aisian kids.

Come on, think back to the last Olympics.
The Calvin Klein swimsuits were made offshore.
Do you really think the people buying Calvin Klein are going to
quibble over couple percent price difference in their underwear?

No.

Place of manufacture and quality is somewhat driven by shoppers,
It's also driving by enhancing profit by cutting cost.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Osky

Before China it was Taiwan, before that, Japan. I threw a Japanese adjustable 12" wrench over the machine shed once.
I wondered at the time how the Japanese could have fought WW2 with junk like that.

Wabi.. You nailed it. The Chinese will build you a Rolex watch better than the original if you set the standard. They only send over here what the importer or business owner accepts. Poor standards, poor products.

Osky

Much truth here BUT you better ride herd over quality control constantly and not just trust it to be put in place and then happen.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Ask Zen RAY how good Chinese quality is ? I believe the original CEO was worn out riding herd on QC.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Ask Zen RAY how good Chinese quality is ?

And there’s other examples, too.

GM’s Buick for one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whites Boots is now owned by Lacrosse which is in turn own by ABC-Mart an Asian company.

AFAIK, WESCO Boots in are still American owned, they make good boots.

LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. is an American company based in Portland, Oregon. Founded in 1897 in La Crosse, Wisconsin, the footwear company relocated to Oregon in 2001 where its Danner Boots subsidiary was based. In 2012, the formerly publicly traded company was bought by Japanese-based ABC-Mart.

Tue., Aug. 5, 2014
Gary March and his brother, Skip March, knew it was a big deal – selling a Spokane company that’s been a landmark and local legend for nearly 100 years.

But White’s Boots, which has done business in Spokane since 1915, was facing a new set of challenges: The March brothers were approaching retirement and the company needed a larger partner to help it continue to grow.

Two weeks ago they announced the sale of White’s Boots to LaCrosse Footwear, a Portland shoe manufacturer.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Yeah, well consumers are to blame. The US consumer is very spoiled, demanding Rolls Royce quality at Hyundai prices. It's never worked that way and never will.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have read, back in the 30's, the Japanese, and the Russians would buy a Caterpillar tractor, and copy it right down to the smallest screw.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Osky

Osky

Much truth here BUT you better ride herd over quality control constantly and not just trust it to be put in place and then happen.

Yes Toot we test every shipment. It is a stainless steel product so we have our test points and they are well aware of them. People can criticize China, but were it not for politicians and attorneys we would not be having as much made in China as we are. It has nothing to do with cheaper labor as is so often the excuse.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doesn't the EPA stand for "employ people in Asia?"

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,695
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.