Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The world isn't very happy with China right now, and with international trade in the crapper, they're in trouble, rightly so.

India is poised to step into China's role as the world's cheap manufacturer. They already produce many of the world's tractors, and they're pretty good.

They have a strong cyber capability which makes international trading viable, and their medical community is growing greatly and is brilliant in many cases.

India is also a democracy. That creates some measure of transparency, not found in any measure in China.

I'm not touting moving outsourcing to India like we did with China, but they're a BIG reality.

Bring back our pharma and manufacturing home! But, that will take a bit of time, and not all will come back to over-regulation by know-it-all bureaucrats, greedy unions, and liberal politicians. Unfortunately the younger generations are addicted to their cheap toys, mostly made in China. Weaning might be nearly impossible, but it needs to happen, and we need to return to a producing economy and away from our service economy.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

BP-B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
20 years ago American industry thought the future was the BRIC strategy.

BRIC stands for Brazil, Russia, India, and China.

As it happened, Brazil proved as corrupt and dysfunctional as most Latin American countries. Russia was supposed to be an opportunity after the Soviet Union fell. But the government and organized crime turned out to have the same phone number. No foreign company can make money there.

That left India and China. China has always been authoritarian. If the government says, "Jump," everyone answers, "How high, SIr!" So its prosperity was basically dictated after they abandoned the insane ideology of Mao.

But India is a squabbling mess. Different cults, tribes, religions, castes, whatever. Heck, they can't even get the people to use toilets the government provides. They prefer to crap on the ground. There are bright people there and many well educated. But the overall weight of their culture is such that I don't think they will ever challenge what China has done.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Half of India's population doesn't have indoor plumbing,
What's that tell ya about their capabilities?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Bud used to get "India Today" back in late 90's.
He was a Christian, educated here.

Said they had over 50 diff dialects............lots of turmoil.
They killed Christians weekly.
Was reported in the paper too, like 20 killed at a train depot.
Over and over.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
India is not China as you pointed out, but that is also a weakness. Way too many factions (lots centered around religion) that would prevent India from ever achieving super power status.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
We don't need India to be China. We just need them to provide credible competition to China in the products and services we need.

So long as the Chinese see them as a viable option for our pool of human centric capital pool it helps Trump in his bargaining with China.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
They manufacture the Ford EcoSport in India and the build quality (for what it is) is excellent.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The average IQ in India is 82...

https://new-iq-test.com/iq-by-country/

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

The USA's average IQ is three points lower than Mongolia's.

India is a big country with a lot of highly educated and intelligent people to draw from.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Thats 10 points over Atlanta , Georgia !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Check it out, them Nigers are 10 points smarter than those Guineas.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
USA for medical necessity items including pharmaceuticals period. There's a profit margin to be had making them here regardless of who's screaming. Right now high prices in the US cover low negotiated prices to the infamous single payer countries. Make it here, make it always.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That IQ chart by country is a Joke. Most of the countries either do not test or test sparingly or do not have the infrastructure in place to produce those stats.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
That IQ chart by country is a Joke. Most of the countries either do not test or test sparingly or do not have the infrastructure in place to produce those stats.

Oh it's no joke...why do you think that Some don't have the infrastructure in place?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
Check it out, them Nigers are 10 points smart than those Guineas.

Grass hut technology baby.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Oh it's no joke...why do you think that Some don't have the infrastructure in place?

How much of the population in these countries actually gets tested? Most don't even know how many people live in the damn country.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 03/30/20.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see the IQ starts at 59 lol

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

How much of the population in these countries actually gets tested?

98.6%...according to my calculations.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've known some guys with very high IQ's that could hardly clothe themselves. IQ isn't a good barometer if a country can make Nikes or not.

Me

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by teal
I've known some guys with very high IQ's that could hardly clothe themselves. IQ isn't a good barometer if a country can make Nikes or not.

This ^^^^^^ ... in spades. IQ does NOT equal common sense... Anyone who has worked with off shore IT support teams understands this clearly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
211 members (12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 257robertsimp, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 1,881 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,793
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.